Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Workplace Deaths Drop in States With Medical Cannabis

Workplace Deaths Drop in States With Medical Cannabis

The study’s authors set out to see whether legalizing medical marijuana would lead to an increase in workplace deaths. But instead of an increase, they found a significant decrease.

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/workplace...92156497=1
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2018, 10:38 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Workplace Deaths Drop in States With Medical Cannabis

The study’s authors set out to see whether legalizing medical marijuana would lead to an increase in workplace deaths. But instead of an increase, they found a significant decrease.

When you call in "sick" 20% of the time you are less likely to die at work.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Have we seen corresponding increases in absenteeism and decreases in productivity? That would be the root cause, less work done in fewer hours at the job.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-04-2018, 05:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Have we seen corresponding increases in absenteeism and decreases in productivity? That would be the root cause, less work done in fewer hours at the job.

Dude...that's like...wrong...ya know?

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 05:49 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(09-04-2018, 11:17 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 10:38 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Workplace Deaths Drop in States With Medical Cannabis

When you call in "sick" 20% of the time you are less likely to die at work.

People that smoke weed don't have to call out of work sick, because it doesn't make you sick like alcohol does.. Jesus.

And here we go..Studies show that workers who work in states where Marijuana is legal use less sick days

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.medica...-days/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washing...sick-time/

So there goes that theory.

Weed is good. Always has been. That is all.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-04-2018, 06:12 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Weed is good. Always has been. That is all.

Big Grin

Correlation does not equal causation.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-04-2018, 06:19 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Correlation does not equal causation.

No it doesn't, but the numbers are still there.

However it also depends on what kind of industry's these states have.

Take Texas for example which is a petrochemical industrial state (Especially Houston), very VERY dangerous industry to work in if you're not careful or don't know what the hell you're doing. Who knows what the hell would happen if marijuana was legalized here.

As far as marijuana use causing people to call out of work, that's just bullcrap. You're not hungover the next morning after smoking a joint. There's a crap load more people calling out sick with the "brown bottle flu".

(09-04-2018, 06:31 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 06:19 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Correlation does not equal causation.

No it doesn't, but the numbers are still there.

Take Texas for example which is a petrochemical industrial state (Especially Houston), very VERY dangerous industry to work in if you're not careful or don't know what the hell you're doing. Who knows what the hell would happen if marijuana was legalized here.

As far as marijuana use causing people to call out of work, that's just bullcrap. You're not hungover the next morning after smoking a joint. There's a crap load more people calling out sick with the "brown bottle flu".

Yeah, because people who smoke joints don't ever drink.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-04-2018, 07:04 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 06:31 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: No it doesn't, but the numbers are still there.

Whoosh...right over your head.

From your own link...

“Although there is not a direct identification of those who use marijuana for medical purposes in the data, overall sickness absence is reduced for those in age and gender groups most likely to be cardholders,” Ulman wrote.

Ulmon was hesitant to claim clear causality, recognizing that research regarding cannabis laws’ effects on productivity and the labor market are limited. “Given the lack of prior studies, more research is warranted in this area.”
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-04-2018, 11:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: From your own link...

“Although there is not a direct identification of those who use marijuana for medical purposes in the data, overall sickness absence is reduced for those in age and gender groups most likely to be cardholders,” Ulman wrote.

Ulmon was hesitant to claim clear causality, recognizing that research regarding cannabis laws’ effects on productivity and the labor market are limited. “Given the lack of prior studies, more research is warranted in this area.”

Will this research result in the administrators supplying the sweet stinky of extremely high potency? If so I'm in. Where do I sign up? I'm tired of paying for it and my grows have proved unsuccessful. The green thumb alludes me.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-04-2018, 11:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: From your own link...

Yes, it goes back to HandsomeRob's post where he said "Correlation does not equal causation".

Which I agreed with.

But here's the thing.. the numbers ARE STILL DOWN. If marijuana use during people's off time turned them into lazy zombies like people here are trying to imply. (One poster even said a 20% higher rate at calling out for pot smokers) Then the absentee statistics would reflect the increase in call outs since the legalization of marijuana use in these states...and they're not.

(09-04-2018, 11:34 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 07:04 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Whoosh...right over your head.

Whooshed? I would have never guessed your post was pure sarcasm.

(09-05-2018, 11:11 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 11:34 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Whoosh...right over your head.

Had nothing to do with Sarcasm.. had to do with your post linking pot and alcohol together like they exclusively go hand in hand across the board.

(09-05-2018, 11:50 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:11 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Had nothing to do with Sarcasm.. had to do with your post linking pot and alcohol together like they exclusively go hand in hand across the board.

First off, I never said or even implied that pot and alcohol "go hand in hand." You implied their use was mutually exclusive.

Secondly, "whoosh" is generally used to denote someone who failed to recognize sarcasm.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2018, 12:49 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Thank God.  Definitely don't want our good workers to die

[Image: SandyBeneficialHatchetfish-size_restricted.gif]

(09-05-2018, 12:17 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 11:50 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Had nothing to do with Sarcasm.. had to do with your post linking pot and alcohol together like they exclusively go hand in hand across the board.

First off, I never said or even implied that pot and alcohol "go hand in hand." You implied their use was mutually exclusive.

Secondly, "whoosh" is generally used to denote someone who failed to recognize sarcasm.

Whoosh can be used in multiple ways.

And I never implied that drinking and pot smoking was mutually exclusive.. There's always going to be a crossover with everything. However the drinking crowd and pot smoking crowd are two different groups on the big scheme of things and they have two entirely different D.O.C. preferences.