Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Advice

(09-24-2018, 11:13 AM)Brindle91 Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 10:44 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jameis is officially benched until Fitz royally screws up.

Yeah I agree, it would be incredibly cruel to drop him when Jameis is back when they’re flying.

But when he is back.... OJ Howard is my starter : )

Oh. That wasn't opinion, that was a statement put out by TB. It's now Fitzmagic's team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ugh.... so apparently I'm bad at fantasy football and no one should ever listen to my advice lol

(And I also dont take my own advice -- started Bortles and Cole this week, in lieu of Russ and Adrian Peterson)

And of course, Jordy Nelson shows up after I told ya to drop him (hopefully you didn't listen to me)

(09-24-2018, 12:48 PM)Kane Wrote: Ugh.... so apparently I'm bad at fantasy football and no one should ever listen to my advice lol

(And I also dont take my own advice -- started Bortles and Cole this week, in lieu of Russ and Adrian Peterson)

And of course, Jordy Nelson shows up after I told ya to drop him (hopefully you didn't listen to me)

Haha I started Blake over Alex Smith myself, pulled out a win though  

Made a few questionable decisions this week.

(09-24-2018, 12:48 PM)Kane Wrote: Ugh.... so apparently I'm bad at fantasy football and no one should ever listen to my advice lol

Hahahaha yeah I listened! I dropped him to waivers for Callaway! :|

.....I made more than a few questionable decisions this week....

Well, DJax for Golladay didnt work out either. I got absolutely murdered in my matchup.

(09-24-2018, 09:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: .....I made more than a few questionable decisions this week....

Same here... Unfortutnatly I would probably make them again but who saw tommy sucking miserably against the lions?(started brady(9) over Ryan(43))

or AP putting up 34 points after not breaking 10 2 weeks in a row... that is fantasy football for you.

(09-25-2018, 11:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 09:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: .....I made more than a few questionable decisions this week....

Same here... Unfortutnatly I would probably make them again but who saw tommy sucking miserably against the lions?(started brady(9) over Ryan(43))

or AP putting up 34 points after not breaking 10 2 weeks in a row... that is fantasy football for you.

Indeed

Imagine all the people who drafted Bell, Fournette, Cook, and David Johnson right now....
bupkis essentially after 3 weeks for your first round RB

After 3 weeks, in one fantasy league, I am still 2nd highest scoring team (3rd isn't even close really) and have 1 win and 2 losses.
FML

stupid fantasy football.
good thing the season is young and I have a good waiver spot

(09-25-2018, 04:41 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 11:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Same here... Unfortutnatly I would probably make them again but who saw tommy sucking miserably against the lions?(started brady(9) over Ryan(43))

Indeed

Imagine all the people who drafted Bell, Fournette, Cook, and David Johnson right now....
bupkis essentially after 3 weeks for your first round RB

After 3 weeks, in one fantasy league, I am still 2nd highest scoring team (3rd isn't even close really) and have 1 win and 2 losses.
FML

stupid fantasy football.
good thing the season is young and I have a good waiver spot

I'm still in first place thanks to Melvin Gordon, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster, Royce Freeman, Brandin Cooks and Tyreek Hill, but I barely squeaked out a victory this week. We had a double header and I went 1-1 to make my record 3-1 overall. Leonard Fournette is killing me though. I spent a 2nd rounder on him and he's giving me nothing. I was sure he was going to play against the Titans, but no. My QB's suck, so I need every point I can get. Leonard better play this week, because my opponent has Pat Mahomes and he's been on fire.

Traded:

Carlos Hyde and Tyreek Hill

For

Fournette and Jarvis Landry.

(09-25-2018, 08:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Traded:

For

Tyreek Hill is a monster and Hyde has been decent. Landry has been good except for the fact he has no touchdowns and Fournette has barely seen the field this year. I don't know about this one.

(09-26-2018, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Traded:

For

Tyreek Hill is a monster and Hyde has been decent. Landry has been good except for the fact he has no touchdowns and Fournette has barely seen the field this year. I don't know about this one.

It's a PPR. Hill has seen his targets drop each week, Landry should only see increased use as Baker takes over. Landry has 20 less points on the season than Hill but 10 more the past 2 weeks. 

As for Hyde, he's been solid for sure. My other starting RB is Gurley and I have Ingram waiting to come off the bench next week so Fournette is more of a future outlook for the playoff push. 

So I'm either going to make out well if Fournette has the production I expect, or it will blow up in my face lol

(09-26-2018, 08:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Tyreek Hill is a monster and Hyde has been decent. Landry has been good except for the fact he has no touchdowns and Fournette has barely seen the field this year. I don't know about this one.

It's a PPR. Hill has seen his targets drop each week, Landry should only see increased use as Baker takes over. Landry has 20 less points on the season than Hill but 10 more the past 2 weeks. 

As for Hyde, he's been solid for sure. My other starting RB is Gurley and I have Ingram waiting to come off the bench next week so Fournette is more of a future outlook for the playoff push. 

So I'm either going to make out well if Fournette has the production I expect, or it will blow up in my face lol

I've had Fournette and so far, I wished I didn't draft him. I should've taken Kareem Hunt, who went with the next pick.

Fournette misses far too many games, i'm glad I didn't draft him.

I'm in a bit of a mess to be honest at the moment. I have McCaffrey and Peterson on a BYE week so that leaves me with Blount and a questionable Dalvin Cook.

Need someone off waivers badly but there's no one about with it being a 12 team league.

3-0 here in my ESPN PPR league.

I picked up Calvin Ridley and John Brown off waivers yesterday so I'm pretty excited. Crossing my fingers they do well.

(09-26-2018, 01:47 PM)Brett Wrote: 3-0 here in my ESPN PPR league.

I picked up Calvin Ridley and John Brown off waivers yesterday so I'm pretty excited. Crossing my fingers they do well.

Good work! I told my mate last week to pick up Ridley because he’s struggling in the league with injuries but he fell to someone else haha! 30 odd points last week...

Christian Kirk is another dark horse now I think.

(09-27-2018, 03:11 AM)Brindle91 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 01:47 PM)Brett Wrote: 3-0 here in my ESPN PPR league.

Good work! I told my mate last week to pick up Ridley because he’s struggling in the league with injuries but he fell to someone else haha! 30 odd points last week...

Thanks man. We do a FAAB Budget starting with $100 each in our league. So I bid $13 for Ridley and $6 for Brown. I'm still really wanting to get rid of Amari Cooper. Rest of my team now:

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell, James Conner, Alex Collins, Lamar Miller, Sony Michel
WR: Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Sammy Watkins, Nelson Agholor, Calvin Ridley, John Brown
TE: Rob Gronkowski
DEF: Bears
K: Harrison Butker

(09-26-2018, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 08:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's a PPR. Hill has seen his targets drop each week, Landry should only see increased use as Baker takes over. Landry has 20 less points on the season than Hill but 10 more the past 2 weeks. 

I've had Fournette and so far, I wished I didn't draft him. I should've taken Kareem Hunt, who went with the next pick.

At least you stole Fournette in the 2nd bro....
I drafted him 9th overall in one league

As for the trade above.... idk
Personally, I wouldn't have traded Hyde and Hill for LF and Landry... but I get the reasoning.

I don't trust LF's health or the Browns to be consistent.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 04:09 PM by Kane.)

(09-26-2018, 10:31 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: Fournette misses far too many games, i'm glad I didn't draft him.

I'm in a bit of a mess to be honest at the moment. I have McCaffrey and Peterson on a BYE week so that leaves me with Blount and a questionable Dalvin Cook.

Need someone off waivers badly but there's no one about with it being a 12 team league.

RB is the worst position outside of maybe TE for trying to fill off the waivers after week 2 or so (barring injury or surprise player showing up)

Nyheim Hines, Javorius Allen are a couple guys who could help ya out. Hines more PPR though and Allen is TD dependent but is a RZ vulture. I notice they are available in a lot of leagues.

Deeper waiver pulls and they are more a wing and a prayer
Chris Ivory (McCoy is coming back, but is still nursing a hammy, so they could split.) Theo Riddick, certainly its now Kerryon Johnson's team and RB job... but Riddick is still a passing option for Stafford and so in PPR leagues he might be worth a spot.

Otherwise, you may just have to keep your fingers crossed that Cook plays and Blount gets some RZ carries for the iggles. (and maybe eat an L)

(09-27-2018, 09:57 AM)Brett Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 03:11 AM)Brindle91 Wrote: Good work! I told my mate last week to pick up Ridley because he’s struggling in the league with injuries but he fell to someone else haha! 30 odd points last week...

Thanks man. We do a FAAB Budget starting with $100 each in our league. So I bid $13 for Ridley and $6 for Brown. I'm still really wanting to get rid of Amari Cooper. Rest of my team now:

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell, James Conner, Alex Collins, Lamar Miller, Sony Michel
WR: Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Sammy Watkins, Nelson Agholor, Calvin Ridley, John Brown
TE: Rob Gronkowski
DEF: Bears
K: Harrison Butker

How many RBs and WRs do you start (1 flex I assume?)
That's a very solid team for sure.

(09-27-2018, 04:01 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've had Fournette and so far, I wished I didn't draft him. I should've taken Kareem Hunt, who went with the next pick.

At least you stole Fournette in the 2nd bro....
I drafted him 9th overall in one league

As for the trade above.... idk
Personally, I wouldn't have traded Hyde and Hill for LF and Landry... but I get the reasoning.

I don't trust LF's health or the Browns to be consistent.

I went back to back RB's with Melvin Gordon in the 1st and Leonard Fournette in the 2nd. I was the 9th pick in a 12 team draft. I also added Royce Freeman late in the draft and he's been good for a touchdown a game, since Fournette has been out. Not many rushing yards, but the touchdowns have been keeping my head above water. Where I'm weak, is QB. I have Case Keenum and Joe Flacco, but I just picked up Baker Mayfield as well. Hopefully, I can catch lightning in a bottle, but I'm still starting Keenum this week. He has the most favorable matchup.