Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Advice

(09-17-2018, 10:56 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Hell at this rate, DJax is a WR1

I’m so glad I didn’t trade him haha he’s smashing it!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I dont know what to do since Mixon is out for 2-4 weeks and my two backup RBs are Burkhead and Duke Johnson Jr, who have been bad so far.
I might consider trading DJax, Golladay or Cooper for a RB, but the people in my PPR League are not letting go of decent RBs easily.

Also, im thinking about dropping the Redskins D because of their week 3 matchup against Rodgers, plus they have a bye in week 4.
Might pick up the Cleveland or Jets Defense since both teams are struggling offensively and the Ds have been holding their own.
But really I need to find decent replacement for Mixon...

Are there no decent RB’s on waivers?

(09-17-2018, 05:28 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: Are there no decent RB’s on waivers?

No, unfortunately not. But I will go with Rex Burkhead.
I also picked up the Browns D and dropped Sterling Shepard for Jesse James. I think I am set for Week 3.

(09-18-2018, 04:37 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 05:28 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: Are there no decent RB’s on waivers?

No, unfortunately not. But I will go with Rex Burkhead.
I also picked up the Browns D and dropped Sterling Shepard for Jesse James. I think I am set for Week 3.

Burkhead has a good matchup this week and Pats are going to take out their frustration.
I would probably play every Pat player VS the Lions.

Also... Aaron Jones, Austin Eckler, Rashad Penny are some RBs available in SOME leagues.

But RB is really thin usually.

Who else renamed their team It's a Cole World?

(09-19-2018, 12:41 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Who else renamed their team It's a Cole World?

I've been "Chark Week" in all my leagues. Otherwise I may have considered it.

(09-19-2018, 07:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 12:41 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Who else renamed their team It's a Cole World?

I've been "Chark Week" in all my leagues. Otherwise I may have considered it.

Henne Given Sunday for me, can't forget that guy..

I've been using JagWads and JagWadsStrikeAgain for so long I've never thought of using anything new.
A lot of people don't even get the reference and tend to think I'm making of fun of the Jaguars.

Ok need your guys help. I'm 2-0 in my ESPN league but QB's get 6 points for TD instead of 4. Philip Rivers is my QB but I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should start him against the tough Rams defense. Some other options available on waivers are:

The BOAT vs. Tennessee
Andy Dalton @ Carolina
Alex Smith vs. Green Bay
Jared Goff vs. LA Chargers

Thoughts?

(09-20-2018, 12:17 PM)Brett Wrote: Ok need your guys help. I'm 2-0 in my ESPN league but QB's get 6 points for TD instead of 4. Philip Rivers is my QB but I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should start him against the tough Rams defense. Some other options available on waivers are:

The BOAT vs. Tennessee
Andy Dalton @ Carolina
Alex Smith vs. Green Bay

Thoughts?

I'm rolling with the Boat over Smith myself this week.

which one of these WR should I start as a third wr?

D.Thomas vs Bal
M. Goodwin vs KC
M. Crabtree vs Den
D. Jackson vs Pit

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 03:52 AM by Brindle91.)

(09-20-2018, 05:19 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: which one of these WR should I start as a third wr?

D.Thomas vs Bal
M. Goodwin vs KC
M. Crabtree vs Den
D. Jackson vs Pit

I'd go Goodwin or Jackson I think, Kansas’ D is probably the worst out of the 4 above.

Also I picked up Callaway off waivers and dropped Jordy Nelson, put Callaway in the flex and it has proved to be a bad decision so far.. should definitely get a lot of deep catches for me though, eventually.

For my Flex, should I play Golladay or Desean Jackson?

(09-21-2018, 08:27 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: For my Flex, should I play Golladay or Desean Jackson?

Got to be D-Jackson surely, he's leading the league in receiving yards isn't he?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 11:02 AM by Kane.)

(09-20-2018, 12:17 PM)Brett Wrote: Ok need your guys help. I'm 2-0 in my ESPN league but QB's get 6 points for TD instead of 4. Philip Rivers is my QB but I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should start him against the tough Rams defense. Some other options available on waivers are:

The BOAT vs. Tennessee
Andy Dalton @ Carolina
Alex Smith vs. Green Bay

Thoughts?

Dalton and Smith are definite sits for me.
I'd be tempted to start Goff honestly. Chargers D hasn't been that good. (Only got 10 fantasy points VS a terrible Bills squad) and Bosa is still out.
I think Goff could have a solid day.
BOAT is a risk... cuz he's the BOAT.
If you believe in the BOAT... roll with the BOAT... if you're worried (divisional match up, and its the tacks) I'd snag Goff.

(09-20-2018, 05:19 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: which one of these WR should I start as a third wr?

D.Thomas vs Bal
M. Goodwin vs KC
M. Crabtree vs Den
D. Jackson vs Pit

DJack for sure.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 09:28 AM by JagsorDie.)

(09-21-2018, 03:33 AM)Brindle91 Wrote:

D.Thomas vs Bal
M. Goodwin vs KC
M. Crabtree vs Den
D. Jackson vs Pit

I'd go Goodwin or Jackson I think, Kansas’ D is probably the worst out of the 4 above.

Also I picked up Callaway off waivers and dropped Jordy Nelson, put Callaway in the flex and it has proved to be a bad decision so far.. should definitely get a lot of deep catches for me though, eventually.
My only concern with Goodwin is he seems to continue to have injury concerns since week one. I think he should be good to go but I wonder if the limit him at all. I think ill go with Jackson while fitzy is sure to go. he seems to be a deep threat. nelson and callaway have alreay been picked up in my league because we run 3 wr with a flex doing ppr which makes for some pretty high scoring shoot outs.

(09-21-2018, 11:00 AM)Kane Wrote:

D.Thomas vs Bal
M. Goodwin vs KC
M. Crabtree vs Den
D. Jackson vs Pit

DJack for sure.

yeah I am going to go with Djack this week, at least faceing pit while their D still sucks and fitzy is still locked to play. 

One other question, do you think he will remain productive if/when Jameis returns? He is deep threat from fitz but I didn't think he had that much attention from Winston.

(09-22-2018, 09:25 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: One other question, do you think he will remain productive if/when Jameis returns? He is deep threat from fitz but I didn't think he had that much attention from Winston.

I'm not sure, All I know is I might add OJ Howard to my team and bench Jimmy Graham when Jameis is back, he loves a TE..

(09-24-2018, 08:33 AM)Brindle91 Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 09:25 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: One other question, do you think he will remain productive if/when Jameis returns? He is deep threat from fitz but I didn't think he had that much attention from Winston.

I'm not sure, All I know is I might add OJ Howard to my team and bench Jimmy Graham when Jameis is back, he loves a TE..

Jameis is officially benched until Fitz royally screws up.

(09-24-2018, 10:44 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jameis is officially benched until Fitz royally screws up.

Yeah I agree, it would be incredibly cruel to drop him when Jameis is back when they’re flying.

But when he is back.... OJ Howard is my starter : )