Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 01:25 PM by TJBender.)

(10-07-2018, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 08:21 AM)TJBender Wrote: It's called a life. I've been out having one. You should try it out sometime. It's good for the soul.

Funny how the far left all of a sudden has "a life" when things aren't going their way. You people are all the same, lol.

I don't get you, Strou-dub. I've said until I'm blue in the face that this isn't about whose ---- Kavanaugh ----s when he issues a ruling. It's that he tried to put his ---- into someone against her will on at least one occasion. If your tiny little far right peabrain can't disassociate right/wrong from political affiliation, then please, please don't breed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-07-2018, 12:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 11:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The essence of TDS isn't Trump. In the last two years, almost everything the dems have so carefully crafted (direct support of the MSM, deep state personnel manipulating governmental agencies for political allegiance, flawed domestic and foreign policies of their lord and savior Barack Obama...) have been exposed and have/are being reversed. Adding insult to injury, the country is thriving more than it has in decades. Because of his bombastic personality, Trump provides an easy focal point for their hatred towards the dismantling of a syndicate they believed was unassailable. However, had these same Republican policies and political struggles been guided and influenced by Tom Hanks, there would be a seething and furious THDS in this country.

I agree except that TDS is rampant in the Republican ranks too, guys in this very thread who claim to be Republicans think that we would've been better off with Clinton because of TDS.

my problem is mostly that I expected the Republicans to turn on him by now and impeach him in favor of Pence. I'm still only in my second decade of voting but I guess this whole time I've been wrong about how Republicans would behave.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018, 04:38 PM by jj82284.)

(10-07-2018, 01:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Funny how the far left all of a sudden has "a life" when things aren't going their way. You people are all the same, lol.

I don't get you, Strou-dub. I've said until I'm blue in the face that this isn't about whose ---- Kavanaugh ----s when he issues a ruling. It's that he tried to put his ---- into someone against her will on at least one occasion. If your tiny little far right peabrain can't disassociate right/wrong from political affiliation, then please, please don't breed.

That's not what she said.

"I BELIEVE" I was raped. When did rape become something open to interpretation? That means that Ford herself acknowledges that the behavior in question is open to interpretation. Inadvertently kill me? That's just so you can have people outside chanting "Believe survivors" This whole thing, the swetnick thing, and the Ramirez thing were simple lawyerly exaggerations designed for mass consumption and anesthetizing their clients from perjury because in reality the headlines of their claims aren't the actual claims.

(10-07-2018, 03:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 12:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I agree except that TDS is rampant in the Republican ranks too, guys in this very thread who claim to be Republicans think that we would've been better off with Clinton because of TDS.

my problem is mostly that I expected the Republicans to turn on him by now and impeach him in favor of Pence. I'm still only in my second decade of voting but I guess this whole time I've been wrong about how Republicans would behave.

Why would they do that?

(10-07-2018, 03:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 12:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I agree except that TDS is rampant in the Republican ranks too, guys in this very thread who claim to be Republicans think that we would've been better off with Clinton because of TDS.

Turn on him? The Establishment was never for him. And you can't impeach a President for being a meanie poo poo head, as much as the Big E wishes you could.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-07-2018, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 03:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: my problem is mostly that I expected the Republicans to turn on him by now and impeach him in favor of Pence. I'm still only in my second decade of voting but I guess this whole time I've been wrong about how Republicans would behave.

Turn on him? The Establishment was never for him. And you can't impeach a President for being a meanie poo poo head, as much as the Big E wishes you could.

If "you" is 218 members of the House and 67 Senators, "you" don't need a reason.  I figured they'd drop the gauntlet as soon as he did anything weird.  Disclosing to Russia how Israel gets information out of Syria should have been a quick impeachment, with all the other nonsense and insults he had said up to that point.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-07-2018, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Turn on him? The Establishment was never for him. And you can't impeach a President for being a meanie poo poo head, as much as the Big E wishes you could.

If "you" is 218 members of the House and 67 Senators, "you" don't need a reason.  I figured they'd drop the gauntlet as soon as he did anything weird.  Disclosing to Russia how Israel gets information out of Syria should have been a quick impeachment, with all the other nonsense and insults he had said up to that point.

So once again have to cover how wishful thinking isn't fact.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Un
Hinged

(10-06-2018, 04:09 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Character assassination failed. What will the Dems try next?

Probably the real thing.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-07-2018, 01:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Funny how the far left all of a sudden has "a life" when things aren't going their way. You people are all the same, lol.

You create your own facts. What are you talking about? You actually convinced yourself Justice Kavanaugh is a rapist.

As far as breeding, I have done it twice

(10-07-2018, 07:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 04:09 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Character assassination failed. What will the Dems try next?

Probably the real thing.

They've already tried it, and they're going to keep trying until we have a real live shooting war and all these [BLEEP] get more than just their feelings hurt.

(10-07-2018, 07:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 07:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Probably the real thing.

They've already tried it, and they're going to keep trying until we have a real live shooting war and all these [BLEEP] get more than just their feelings hurt.

I hope it never comes to that. My biggest fear has been Antifa goons instigating a police shooting. I have no doubt the left would glorify it as a Kent State event.

2 poisoning attempts on Melania, one which required hospitalization and possibly a liver transplant. The other was a poisoned perfume gift that killed one of the First Lady's security people in Scotland after the meeting with Putin.

The attempt on Donald was the famous "false alarm nuke attack" in Hawaii. It was an attempt to take out Air Force One with a CIA-launched missile, but the military intercepted.

(10-07-2018, 07:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 07:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They've already tried it, and they're going to keep trying until we have a real live shooting war and all these [BLEEP] get more than just their feelings hurt.

I hope it never comes to that. My biggest fear has been Antifa goons instigating a police shooting. I have no doubt the left would glorify it as a Kent State event.

Microaggressions they call it when they think its bad, activism when they don't.. Blocking interstate highways in rush hour. Doxxing political figures. Swatting journalists. Screaming people out of restaurants. I have a friend on FB who had a commenter on his post (some chubby 20 something girl) who said quote "I've been holding back, you people just give me a reason to let loose on you." They think that their self righteous indignation will protect them from real violence, but they are mistaken.

(10-07-2018, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 03:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: my problem is mostly that I expected the Republicans to turn on him by now and impeach him in favor of Pence. I'm still only in my second decade of voting but I guess this whole time I've been wrong about how Republicans would behave.

He was born into the establishment and pulling strings of the establishment with donations.

How gullible are you lot.

(10-07-2018, 10:00 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: 2 poisoning attempts on Melania, one which required hospitalization and possibly a liver transplant.  The other was a poisoned perfume gift that killed one of the First Lady's security people in Scotland after the meeting with Putin.

The attempt on Donald was the famous "false alarm nuke attack" in Hawaii.  It was an attempt to take out Air Force One with a CIA-launched missile, but the military intercepted.

[Image: JONES-INSANITY.jpg]

(10-07-2018, 05:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 04:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Turn on him? The Establishment was never for him. And you can't impeach a President for being a meanie poo poo head, as much as the Big E wishes you could.

What was disclosed was the use of laptops to sneak bombs past air security. It was discovered by Israel, but only the discovery was disclosed, not "how Israel gets information out of Syria." Furthermore, it was perfectly legal for Trump to release that information.

The actual story

One of the main advantages of electing Trump over Hillary was that Trump could be impeached if necessary. Unlike Hillary he was not above the law and his own party wouldn't circle the wagons around him. However, Trump's policy record has been solid conservative so far, and the Pubs have no reason to replace him. The few policy actions that have drawn disagreement from the Pub establishment have been in foreign trade, and the successful results so far of Trump's trade war actions make any criticisms there misguided. Trump has done more positive good for the country than any other Pub primary candidate would have, even Cruz who probably wouldn't have forced trade renegotiation.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(10-07-2018, 10:25 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

He was born into the establishment and pulling strings of the establishment with donations.

How gullible are you lot.

So he's not really been under constant pressure ftom both sides of the aisle for the last 2.5 years? Because it sure looks that way from this side of the Equator.

The midterms should be interesting, with both sides extremely motivated.

But I wonder if the Dems have gone too far and turned off their base? They have promised a continuation of the attacks on Kavanaugh if they should win a Congressional majority. They will hold hearings, reopen investigations, advance articles of impeachment to trigger a circus trial in the Senate, etc. Essentially they want the previous month's [BLEEP] show to continue forever.

(10-06-2018, 10:22 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Could only wish to have the credibility of a trumpette. The enlightened ones. Not ruined by education or a questioning mind.

Because anyone that disagrees with your view is uneducated?  The intolerance of the tolerant left has become astounding.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.