Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

(09-20-2018, 04:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 08:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My children are white private schooled kids who happen to share a classroom with kids of parents you cheered so hard for on this message board.

You may want to pick a different angle.

First off, I've never cheered on a message board. Second, so your kids go to school with affluent black kids (I assume this is your point), how does that remove the sense of privilege I saw openly displayed during my high school days, which preceded Kavanaugh's by just a few years? Because there were no children of NFL players back then, and white parents sent their kids to private schools to circumvent the realities of desegregation. 

One wonders, when you meet the parents of your kids' classmates at school functions, do you ever ask them why Jalen Ramsey insists on using poor grammar in his tweets, or do you only post that under the protection of anonymity?

Not everyone who's children go to private school are rich. Some people make tremendous sacrifices to send them there.

The majority of former players are retired and a bit more mature than Jalen Ramsey.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2018, 03:58 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Ford's Classmate Now Changing Her Story

Cristina King Miranda, a former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford, got the media's attention this week after sharing a message on Facebook alleging that Ford is telling the truth about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. She claimed that Kavanaugh did assault Ford in high school, and word got around the school.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr...y-n2520822

She said that she remember it going around school the next day / week, but King claimed it happened over the summer. 

Then she said that everyone heard about it, but King said she never told anyone.

This is the danger of having a story like this out in the public so that anyone with an axe to grind can try and HELP.

(09-20-2018, 06:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 04:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: First off, I've never cheered on a message board. Second, so your kids go to school with affluent black kids (I assume this is your point), how does that remove the sense of privilege I saw openly displayed during my high school days, which preceded Kavanaugh's by just a few years? Because there were no children of NFL players back then, and white parents sent their kids to private schools to circumvent the realities of desegregation. 

One wonders, when you meet the parents of your kids' classmates at school functions, do you ever ask them why Jalen Ramsey insists on using poor grammar in his tweets, or do you only post that under the protection of anonymity?

Not everyone who's children go to private school are rich. Some people make tremendous sacrifices to send them there.

The majority of former players are retired and a bit more mature than Jalen Ramsey.

The interesting thing is reading RJ supporting racial profiling ... at least when it's in the favor of the Left.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-20-2018, 06:57 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not everyone who's children go to private school are rich. Some people make tremendous sacrifices to send them there.

The interesting thing is reading RJ supporting racial profiling ... at least when it's in the favor of the Left.

His anecdotal evidence is better than your anecdotal evidence.

(09-20-2018, 03:58 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Ford's Classmate Now Changing Her Story

Cristina King Miranda, a former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford, got the media's attention this week after sharing a message on Facebook alleging that Ford is telling the truth about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. She claimed that Kavanaugh did assault Ford in high school, and word got around the school.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr...y-n2520822

She said that she remember it going around school the next day / week, but King claimed it happened over the summer. 

Then she said that everyone heard about it, but King said she never told anyone.

The big takeaway from this is that Monday is off the table. It's going to take everyone at least until October 2nd to get their stories straight.

(09-20-2018, 06:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 04:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: First off, I've never cheered on a message board. Second, so your kids go to school with affluent black kids (I assume this is your point), how does that remove the sense of privilege I saw openly displayed during my high school days, which preceded Kavanaugh's by just a few years? Because there were no children of NFL players back then, and white parents sent their kids to private schools to circumvent the realities of desegregation. 

I’m just curious. Are the public schools in Jacksonville bad? I’m not familiar with them at all.

(09-20-2018, 08:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 06:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not everyone who's children go to private school are rich. Some people make tremendous sacrifices to send them there.

I’m just curious. Are the public schools in Jacksonville bad? I’m not familiar with them at all.

St. John's County has better schools (rating wise) that Duval county. Not saying there aren't good schools in Duval, but just a personal choice.

Well, Trump's got his find good and flappy now. It's hard to win a moral staredown with Democrats when you blame and shame the "victim" publicly, especially in his role. I was impressed with his handling of the situation right up until he started questioning why Ford didn't call the police "if it was as bad as she said it was".

I'm not going to say that Trump doesn't have a point, but I will say that victim-shaming in the #MeToo era is likely to give pause to key swing Senators like Collins, Flake and the placeholder in Alabama.

(09-21-2018, 10:21 AM)TJBender Wrote: Well, Trump's got his find good and flappy now. It's hard to win a moral staredown with Democrats when you blame and shame the "victim" publicly, especially in his role. I was impressed with his handling of the situation right up until he started questioning why Ford didn't call the police "if it was as bad as she said it was".

I'm not going to say that Trump doesn't have a point, but I will say that victim-shaming in the #MeToo era is likely to give pause to key swing Senators like Collins, Flake and the placeholder in Alabama.

How is asking an obvious question shaming?

(09-21-2018, 10:21 AM)TJBender Wrote: Well, Trump's got his find good and flappy now. It's hard to win a moral staredown with Democrats when you blame and shame the "victim" publicly, especially in his role. I was impressed with his handling of the situation right up until he started questioning why Ford didn't call the police "if it was as bad as she said it was".

Trump is a stable genius. He knows what he is doing. AKA, "media, look over HERE while I keep WINNING over HERE".

(09-21-2018, 10:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

How is asking an obvious question shaming?

Because we have to believe all women about any crime related to sex or gender without exception. Unless they are accusing Bill Clinton, then they are lying trailer park trash chasing a pay day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Exactly.  #me too should never override #commonsense

Did Trump say anything wrong?

No. There's a reasonable question if he needed to say anything at all because polling shows only about 25% of women find this credible.

(09-21-2018, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did Trump say anything wrong?

It's not that he said something wrong. It's that he said something. Aside from the rabid left, no one was taking Ford seriously. Republicans were taking the high road, and it was paying off. Then along comes Trump with something that a reasonable person might construe as victim-shaming (whether it is or isn't is a matter of perception), and his commenting on the matter suddenly kicks it right back into political football territory.

TL;DR, he should have just kept his mouth shut and let the Judiciary Committee handle it, which they had been doing quite well.

(09-21-2018, 11:19 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did Trump say anything wrong?

It's not that he said something wrong. It's that he said something. Aside from the rabid left, no one was taking Ford seriously. Republicans were taking the high road, and it was paying off. Then along comes Trump with something that a reasonable person might construe as victim-shaming (whether it is or isn't is a matter of perception), and his commenting on the matter suddenly kicks it right back into political football territory.

TL;DR, he should have just kept his mouth shut and let the Judiciary Committee handle it, which they had been doing quite well.

He is just trying to push the process forward to confirm Kavanaugh. At this point, she isn't even a victim because she has neither filed a police report nor testified. 

Also, what is this crap about her legal team wanting Kavanaugh to testify first? What is he testifying to exactly? This whole thing is a sham and I am pissed off that they haven't gone forward with the vote by now. Nothing that happens in the next week is going to change anybody's minds about how they were going to vote in the first place.

Trumps pick to replace RBG is going to be an epic slap in the face to the left. Can't wait.

The demands by her legal team are comical. Basically lets just overturn 800 years of due process and 250 years of Senate rules because of a hashtag

(09-21-2018, 11:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 11:19 AM)TJBender Wrote: It's not that he said something wrong. It's that he said something. Aside from the rabid left, no one was taking Ford seriously. Republicans were taking the high road, and it was paying off. Then along comes Trump with something that a reasonable person might construe as victim-shaming (whether it is or isn't is a matter of perception), and his commenting on the matter suddenly kicks it right back into political football territory.

He is just trying to push the process forward to confirm Kavanaugh. At this point, she isn't even a victim because she has neither filed a police report nor testified. 

Also, what is this crap about her legal team wanting Kavanaugh to testify first? What is he testifying to exactly? This whole thing is a sham and I am pissed off that they haven't gone forward with the vote by now. Nothing that happens in the next week is going to change anybody's minds about how they were going to vote in the first place.

Trumps pick to replace RBG is going to be an epic slap in the face to the left. Can't wait.

He didn't need to. That's the issue. The confirmation was going to happen. Now, if he stirs up enough indigestion, there could be problems all of a sudden.

(09-21-2018, 12:09 PM)MTJBender Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 11:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He is just trying to push the process forward to confirm Kavanaugh. At this point, she isn't even a victim because she has neither filed a police report nor testified. 

He didn't need to. That's the issue. The confirmation was going to happen. Now, if he stirs up enough indigestion, there could be problems all of a sudden.

I agree. He needs to stow it. The rabid left will attempt to portray even a sneeze from him as a provocation.

(09-21-2018, 12:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 12:09 PM)MTJBender Wrote: He didn't need to. That's the issue. The confirmation was going to happen. Now, if he stirs up enough indigestion, there could be problems all of a sudden.

I agree. He needs to stow it. The rabid left will attempt to portray even a sneeze from him as a provocation.

There's truth to that