Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

(09-25-2018, 05:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ted Cruz is a public servant and the face of a political party. Public protest, no matter how annoying or intrusive, is part of the job. Were these turds seeking out private citizens to meddle with, then it would be a different story.

Yeah, but let the man eat dinner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2018, 05:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Ted Cruz is a public servant and the face of a political party. Public protest, no matter how annoying or intrusive, is part of the job. Were these turds seeking out private citizens to meddle with, then it would be a different story.

Absurd, it's a job and these zealots need to be arrested.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-25-2018, 09:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Absurd, it's a job and these zealots need to be arrested.

What they could be arrested for? I don’t think it’s a big deal. Let them pull these stupid stunts. It plays to no one but a small group of wingers. Even Cruz’s dem opponent released a statement condemning them. 
However, if it became a regular occurrence, then it qualifies as harassment. As it stands now, they’re doing more harm to themselves than anyone.

(09-26-2018, 06:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 09:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Absurd, it's a job and these zealots need to be arrested.

What they could be arrested for? I don’t think it’s a big deal. Let them pull these stupid stunts. It plays to no one but a small group of wingers. Even Cruz’s dem opponent released a statement condemning them. 
However, if it became a regular occurrence, then it qualifies as harassment. As it stands now, they’re doing more harm to themselves than anyone.

You start screaming at someone in public then you're disturbing the peace and need to be reigned in. The idea that you can attack a politician this way isn't right, it's still a job and dinner with his wife isn't a Town Hall. I'd say that if the Right was doing it to Nancy Pelosi as well. Broken Window Theory with these people Is going to get someone hurt.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm guessing these fake victims didn't know Kavanaugh kept a calendar, haha

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/10...eekends%2F

Hoo boy. Ford disclosed the name of Brett Kavanaugh as her assailant via email... On June 29th.

The plot just thickened. If this is true, she's suddenly very credible.

(09-26-2018, 10:01 AM)TJBender Wrote: Hoo boy. Ford disclosed the name of Brett Kavanaugh as her assailant via email... On June 29th.

You are being sarcastic, right?

(09-26-2018, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:01 AM)TJBender Wrote: Hoo boy. Ford disclosed the name of Brett Kavanaugh as her assailant via email... On June 29th.

You are being sarcastic, right?

Nope. If she had previously told friends of the assault and identified Kavanaugh in writing within days of Kennedy's retirement, I believe her.

(09-26-2018, 10:36 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are being sarcastic, right?

Nope. If she had previously told friends of the assault and identified Kavanaugh in writing within days of Kennedy's retirement, I believe her.

Its all moot. The delay tactics show just how truly "traumatized" Ford was with this whole "incident".

GOP needs to call a vote Friday or they are in deep crap with their base.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM by TJBender.)

(09-26-2018, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:36 AM)TJBender Wrote: Nope. If she had previously told friends of the assault and identified Kavanaugh in writing within days of Kennedy's retirement, I believe her.

Its all moot. The delay tactics show just how truly "traumatized" Ford was with this whole "incident".

If Collins and Murkowski refuse to vote yes without an investigation following the new information about Ford naming Kavanaugh in email before his nomination, they'll be in even deeper crap, as would Trump who couldn't get his own nomination through a Republican controlled Senate.

Looks like another Kavanaugh accuser has come forward:

[Image: gc510uy4lho11.jpg]

10 red flags of a false accusation:

1. The accuser uses the press instead of the process.
2. The accuser times releasing the accusation for an advantage.
3. The accuser attacks the process instead of participating.
4. When the accused’s opportunity to mount a defense is delegitimized.
5. The accuser seeks to force the accused to defend himself or herself before committing to a final version.
6. The accused makes a strong and unequivocal denial.
7. The accuser makes unusual demands to modify or control the process.
8. When the accuser’s ability to identify the accused has not been properly explained.
9. When witnesses don’t corroborate.
10. When corroborating witnesses simply repeat the accusation of the accuser but don’t have fresh information.

Source: http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/25/10-r...nt-lawyer/

Lots of checkmarks to be found in this case.

(09-26-2018, 10:50 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Its all moot. The delay tactics show just how truly "traumatized" Ford was with this whole "incident".

If Collins and Murkowski refuse to vote yes without an investigation following the new information about Ford naming Kavanaugh in email before his nomination, they'll be in even deeper crap, as would Trump who couldn't get his own nomination through a Republican controlled Senate.

THERE IS NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE!!!

(09-26-2018, 10:36 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are being sarcastic, right?

If this "previously told friends" refers sending an email 3 months ago then it isn't any more credible now than it was before. We already knew she told Feinstein around that time. What changes that, and where did you see that? I couldn't find it.

She still doesn't know where, when, or any of the other key details. I read the letter to Feinstein and got the impression that she was disconnected with the event. It was almost like she was describing something that wasn't personal. For someone that doesn't remember a lot of important details, she certainly wrote as if she did remember it all which is I find odd since she says that being drunk is part of the reason she doesn't remember those previous details. I came away as if I was reading something from a book.

Ur smarter than this

And now another accuser with a graphic account of Kavanaugh raping drugged women.

If I'm Trump, I cut bait on Kavanaugh and put Barrett in today. True, exaggerated or completely falsified, these claims do not look good. Being shut out by his own party would destroy Trump going into the midterms.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 12:48 PM by jj82284.)

(09-26-2018, 12:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: And now another accuser with a graphic account of Kavanaugh raping drugged women.

If I'm Trump, I cut bait on Kavanaugh and put Barrett in today. True, exaggerated or completely falsified, these claims do not look good. Being shut out by his own party would destroy Trump going into the midterms.

Graphic accounts of seeing him at parties....  

What happened to u man?

For the record telling your friend or your hairdresser something today getting a death threat today or any other thing that happens today does not corroborate a story from 36 years ago.

In the latest accuser from avenatti has a graphic account of nothing.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM by TJBender.)

(09-26-2018, 12:46 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 12:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: And now another accuser with a graphic account of Kavanaugh raping drugged women.

Graphic accounts of seeing him at parties....  

What happened to u man?

For the record telling your friend or your hairdresser something today getting a death threat today or any other thing that happens today does not corroborate a story from 36 years ago.

You must have missed the news. A woman has now come forward saying she was raped by Brett Kavanaugh

EDIT: correcting myself. She claims that she was drugged and raped at a party Kavanaugh was attending, but does not claim that Kavanaugh raped her.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 01:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-26-2018, 01:01 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 12:46 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Graphic accounts of seeing him at parties....  

What happened to u man?

You must have missed the news. A woman has now come forward saying she was raped by Brett Kavanaugh

All you need to know about the third “victim” is that Avenatti is representing her. We know Daniels isn’t paying him, so who is paying him? And how did HE find the third person? I have no doubt Avenatti is working through the DNC or a financer with connections to the DNC. 

Kavanaugh is apparently the leader of a drug-and-rape ring of two or three men? This isn’t absurd. Kavanaugh adamantly denied knowing her at all. Why would he paint himself in that corner? 

This is nothing more than a smear campaign. I hope he sues every single one of them.