Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kavanaugh confirmation hearing

(09-28-2018, 11:04 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 09:49 AM)TJBender Wrote: One step closer to putting a sexual predator on the Supreme Court.

'Murrica.

where's the proof he did it?

[Image: 1w0nlq.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2018, 11:04 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 09:49 AM)TJBender Wrote: One step closer to putting a sexual predator on the Supreme Court.

'Murrica.

where's the proof he did it?

Proof?  They don't need no stinking proof!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 01:58 PM by TJBender.)

Flake just said he'd vote in favor of Kavanaugh moving to the floor as long as the main Senate vote was delayed by a week for an FBI inquiry.

I'm a very happy man right now. Jeff Flake has a conscience, which is more than can be said for the 47 Republicans trying to gloss over sexual misconduct to stuff the bench.

(09-28-2018, 01:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: Flake just said he'd vote in favor of Kavanaugh moving to the floor as long as the main Senate vote was delayed by a week for an FBI inquiry.

I'm a very happy man right now. Jeff Flake has a conscience, which is more than can be said for the 47 Republicans trying to gloss over sexual misconduct to stuff the bench.

Gloss over?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 02:12 PM by TJBender.)

(09-28-2018, 01:59 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: Flake just said he'd vote in favor of Kavanaugh moving to the floor as long as the main Senate vote was delayed by a week for an FBI inquiry.

Gloss over?

Yes, gloss over. There was only one Senator on that committee with any real interest in what Dr. Ford had to say.

(09-28-2018, 02:11 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:59 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Gloss over?

Yes, gloss over. There was only one Senator on that committee with any real interest in what Dr. Ford had to say.

Apparently u aren't either.  I took a long time to point out the factual errant of her testimony which u just brushed off.  Theres a reason the sex crimes prosecutor who questioned her said that 'there isn't enough based on her testimony to issue a search watrant'   

But please by all means.  Let's spend millions of dollars of taxpayer money on an FBI investigation, u know the same guys tasked with monitoring the 1 million people on the terrorist watch list, to recollect the testimony of people already sworn to penalty of perjury and have them incur tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to pad miss Ford's go fund me account, oops I mean help the democrats fundraise, oops I mean hold the seat open as payback for Garland, oops I mean get to the truth.  Because obviously everything the democrats have done is about getting to the truth about what happened at the house no one owned where none of them lived they all say didn't happen.

I can’t be the only one that realizes the FBI has no jurisdiction here, right?

Ford needs to report this to the county police or sheriff. Law enforcement can’t investigate a crime the victim hasn’t asked to prosecute.

Here’s how an FBI investigation would go:

1. FBI interviews Ford and Kavanaugh; they repeat what was said to congress
2. FBI interviews Judge and other witnesses; they repeat what they said to congress (by letter)
3. FBI presents their testimony to Congress
4. Congress makes a decision based on testimony that they already heard but this time from the FBI

Anyone see a problem with this?

(09-28-2018, 03:16 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I can’t be the only one that realizes the FBI has no jurisdiction here, right?

Ford needs to report this to the county police or sheriff. Law enforcement can’t investigate a crime the victim hasn’t asked to prosecute.

The independent prosecutor that interviewed Ford said she would not recommend a search warrant.  A search warrant!  That's why they didn't go to the police in her own jurisdiction.  Its a sham!

This will never reach the floor. This is about setting the president that any allegation against a Republican nominee means that we have to stop the process and start all over. The election is only 39 days away. That's the goal. Ironically, I think this has a shot at backfiring on the democrats big-time. The party in the White House usually looses seats because of a general lack of enthusiasm. I'm ready to volunteer and walk through fire behind this.

I don't understand you man. You sit here and pretend like you are so repulsed by the games the democrats are playing knowing damn well they don't care about the "victim" you care so much about and are using this extra week to find additional "witnesses".

At the risk of not sounding like even more of a hypocrite than you already are, do you feel like a week long "investigation" will give you the convincing you need for Kavanaugh to be "innocent"?

(09-28-2018, 03:23 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Here’s how an FBI investigation would go:

2. FBI interviews Judge and other witnesses; they repeat what they said to congress (by letter)
4. Congress makes a decision based on testimony that they already heard but this time from the FBI

Ultimately, not a single vote is going to be changed by this sham of an investigation.  This is just a delay tactic that the democrats have played.  Flake isn't a man of conscience.  He's a guy who hates Trump, and will do anything he can to undermine him.  He's not running for reelection because he wasn't going to win based on that Trump hatred.  This is just his parting shot at Trump on his way out the door.

Even if the FBI goes and discovers that every accusation was manufactured for political purpose, the democrats are still going to oppose it and vote no at the end of the day. That's what hyper-partisan looks like. The funny thing is that the evil republicans usually are more deferential when it comes to SCOTUS appointments. I'm being nice there. They simply don't have the sack to pull the kinds of stunts democrats do, so you see justices like Kagan or Sotomayor getting republican votes. You won't see that from democrats with Kavanaugh, yet those two are as ideologically leftist as it gets.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-28-2018, 04:23 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:23 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Here’s how an FBI investigation would go:

Ultimately, not a single vote is going to be changed by this sham of an investigation.  This is just a delay tactic that the democrats have played.  Flake isn't a man of conscience.  He's a guy who hates Trump, and will do anything he can to undermine him.  He's not running for reelection because he wasn't going to win based on that Trump hatred.  This is just his parting shot at Trump on his way out the door,

This is true, but the positive of this "investigation" is that it will put more pressure on the red state democrats to vote yes, so snowFlake probably won't even be needed.

(09-28-2018, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I don't understand you man. You sit here and pretend like you are so repulsed by the games the democrats are playing knowing damn well they don't care about the "victim" you care so much about and are using this extra week to find additional "witnesses".

At the risk of not sounding like even more of a hypocrite than you already are, do you feel like a week long "investigation" will give you the convincing you need for Kavanaugh to be "innocent"?

No. I believe he committed an act of sexual assault against Dr. Ford. I've already explained my rationale for doing so, and based upon that rationale, virtually nothing is going to change that belief at this point.

If changing your mind about something makes one a hypocrite, we're all horrible people.

People guided by emotion and feelings are too weak minded to have any sort of power or control. No rationale human being can be sure that one of them is telling the truth and the other is lying. It's all partisan BS.

It's very possible something happened to this woman. And it's very possible she is misidentifying Kavanaugh. No one will ever know the truth. But denying him his role as Justice because of a story no one could ever come close to proving creates a dangerous precedent. If the tables were turned, does anyone honestly believe that people on the Left would be demanding a liberal nominee be denied their place on the Court? Of course not. Again it's all partisan BS.

(09-28-2018, 05:25 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't understand you man. You sit here and pretend like you are so repulsed by the games the democrats are playing knowing damn well they don't care about the "victim" you care so much about and are using this extra week to find additional "witnesses".

No. I believe he committed an act of sexual assault against Dr. Ford. I've already explained my rationale for doing so, and based upon that rationale, virtually nothing is going to change that belief at this point.

If changing your mind about something makes one a hypocrite, we're all horrible people.

I guess it's good that irrational thought doesn't Trump actual evidence in our society.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-28-2018, 03:40 PM)jj82284 Wrote: This will never reach the floor.  This is about setting the president that any allegation against a Republican nominee means that we have to stop the process and start all over.  The election is only 39 days away.  That's the goal.  Ironically, I think this has a shot at backfiring on the democrats big-time.  The party in the White House usually looses seats because of a general lack of enthusiasm.  I'm ready to volunteer and walk through fire behind this.

It has by at least one liberal democrat that I know whom happens to be a rape victim.  She is so unnerved by this entire process, the timing and the inaccuracies that she is ready to leave the party.  Her and I often debate and seldom agree on anything but when she disclosed to me her thoughts on this I was taken back.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Why would Dr. Ford have her social media accounts scrubbed prior to coming forward? Why would she claim a fear of flying as a reason for not cooperating with the initial timeline set forth by chairman Grassley? Why does she not remember the details of the alleged event that could actually be scrutinized? Why does she only remember the details of the alleged event that are necessary to stop Kavanaugh?

She flat lied about her polygraph

(09-28-2018, 03:40 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm ready to volunteer and walk through fire behind this.

#metoo