Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NY Times TDS Edition

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 09:34 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

They've resorted to "anonymous" Op-Ed attacks now. 

I think Glenn Greenwald had the best response:

The irony in the op-ed from the NYT's anonymous WH coward is glaring and massive: s/he accuses Trump of being "anti-democratic" while boasting of membership in an unelected cabal that covertly imposes their own ideology with zero democratic accountability, mandate or transparency
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) September 5, 2018

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Isn't this real treason?

(09-06-2018, 09:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Isn't this real treason?

Betraying the President is not treason. 
"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 10:14 AM by Gettin' Jaggy with it.)

No, not by the definition in the Constitution. And none of Trump's alleged actions would be considered treasonous either, despite what many in the Left would like us to believe. The definition is very narrow:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

(09-06-2018, 10:08 AM)mikesez Wrote:

Betraying the President is not treason. 
"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

You beat me to it! Sorry for the repetitive post.

It's not even fake treason.

Funny thing is, if Donald and his allies with Fox would leave this kind of stuff alone it would shortly fade away. It's not telling us anything we don't already know, i.e., that Donald is lazy, crazy, and dumb. But the author knows his subject. Donald can't resist - it's all about him after all - and he'll keep breathing new life into this, and Woodward's book as well.

And the beat goes on.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(09-06-2018, 11:32 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

It's not even fake treason.

Funny thing is, if Donald and his allies with Fox would leave this kind of stuff alone it would shortly fade away. It's not telling us anything we don't already know, i.e., that Donald is lazy, crazy, and dumb. But the author knows his subject. Donald can't resist - it's all about him after all - and he'll keep breathing new life into this, and Woodward's book as well.

And the beat goes on.

I get that you hate the guy, but Trump is lazy? Please elaborate.

(09-06-2018, 09:33 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: They've resorted to "anonymous" Op-Ed attacks now. 

I think Glenn Greenwald had the best response:

The irony in the op-ed from the NYT's anonymous WH coward is glaring and massive: s/he accuses Trump of being "anti-democratic" while boasting of membership in an unelected cabal that covertly imposes their own ideology with zero democratic accountability, mandate or transparency
— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) September 5, 2018

The essay also mentioned in passing that the 25th amendment was considered. This indicates that the author is a member of the cabinet. The author says that the cabinet as a whole is reluctant to invoke the amendment, not because the president is actually mentally well, but because it would be a constitutional crisis. I kind of coughed when I read that. Isn't what the author claims to be doing also a constitutional crisis, now that we are aware of it?!

(09-06-2018, 11:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 11:32 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: It's not even fake treason.

And the beat goes on.

I get that you hate the guy, but Trump is lazy? Please elaborate.

Interesting that out of lazy, crazy and dumb, you choose to only take issue with lazy.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-06-2018, 12:56 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 11:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I get that you hate the guy, but Trump is lazy? Please elaborate.

Interesting that out of lazy, crazy and dumb, you choose to only take issue with lazy.

Well crazy and dumb are the usual stones the left throws from their glass houses...
Lazy is a new one... like the dude just sits around doing nothing? lol

(09-06-2018, 12:56 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 11:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I get that you hate the guy, but Trump is lazy? Please elaborate.

I can't change his mind on those two things but it's pretty hard to argue that a 72 year old man who is as active as Trump is "lazy".

(09-06-2018, 01:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 12:56 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Interesting that out of lazy, crazy and dumb, you choose to only take issue with lazy.

I can't change his mind on those two things but it's pretty hard to argue that a 72 year old man who is as active as Trump is "lazy".

The standard of comparison is other presidents, not other 72 year old men.

Can't be too lazy if you're golfing as much as Trump....

I hate Trump as much as anyone, but seriously, does the author of that op-ed not see the irony in what he wrote?

"I am saving the republic by forming a secret cabal inside the White House to subvert the duly elected President of the United States."

Give me a break.

(09-06-2018, 01:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I hate Trump as much as anyone, but seriously, does the author of that op-ed not see the irony in what he wrote?  

"I am saving the republic by forming a secret cabal inside the White House to subvert the duly elected President of the United States."  

Give me a break.

The constitution allows for a possibility of a secret cabal inside the white house.  it's all described in the 25th amendment.  The cabal is supposed to get the VP to trigger the 25th for them or quit though.

(09-06-2018, 01:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I can't change his mind on those two things but it's pretty hard to argue that a 72 year old man who is as active as Trump is "lazy".

The standard of comparison is other presidents, not other 72 year old men.

Ok, I'll bite. What president wasn't lazy? I assume you would classify Trump as "lazy" based on your response? If so, please elaborate.

(09-06-2018, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: The standard of comparison is other presidents, not other 72 year old men.

Ok, I'll bite. What president wasn't lazy? I assume you would classify Trump as "lazy" based on your response? If so, please elaborate.

No dog in this race.  I don't want to define how lazy he is or others were when I know none of them.
I will say that the essay appears to be written by someone who both knows Trump and worked with other Presidents.  His or her assessment is informed.  Mine isn't.  Yours isn't.

(09-06-2018, 01:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ok, I'll bite. What president wasn't lazy? I assume you would classify Trump as "lazy" based on your response? If so, please elaborate.

No dog in this race.  I don't want to define how lazy he is or others were when I know none of them.
I will say that the essay appears to be written by someone who both knows Trump and worked with other Presidents.  His or her assessment is informed.  Mine isn't.  Yours isn't.

Sorry, but I can't give an anonymous source coward credit for being "informed". How can you?

(09-06-2018, 01:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Can't be too lazy if you're golfing as much as Trump....

I think my favorite is how suddenly golfing isn't a big deal--for Trump or his supporters.

(09-06-2018, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Can't be too lazy if you're golfing as much as Trump....

I think my favorite is how suddenly golfing isn't a big deal--for Trump or his supporters.

My favorite thing is how a 72 year old man with a 3/4 swing can mop the floor with his 57 year old predecessor on the links.

You mad?

(09-06-2018, 01:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I think my favorite is how suddenly golfing isn't a big deal--for Trump or his supporters.

My favorite thing is how a 72 year old man with a 3/4 swing can mop the floor with his 57 year old predecessor on the links.

You mad?

And in the Oval Office.