Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Rankings

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 01:46 PM by Jags32250.)

This ranking is waaaay different than i would put them, but what jumps out at me, once again, is the Cam Newton love.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...or-mvp-run

2017 stats: 16 games | 60.2 pct | 3,687 pass yds | 7.0 ypa | 21 pass TD | 13 INT | 322 rush yds | 2 rush TD

[font=Calibri] Took team to AFC Championship game, should have been in the Super Bowl if it weren't for a few awful calls and questionable coaching.  Ranked 30th.[/font]

2017 stats: 16 games | 59.1 pct | 3,302 pass yds | 6.7 ypa | 22 pass TD | 16 INT | 754 rush yds | 6 rush TD

Lost wildcard game. Ranked 10th.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You left out the reasoning for Bortles....
"Starting three playoff games doesn't erase the 61 starts that came before. Bortles proved last year he could perform like a replacement-level starter in the aggregate, but even a plus year from Bortles will include a month's worth of games in which he barely gives his team a chance. "
It isn't wrong. And until Bortles proves otherwise... he'll be ranked at the bottom.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 02:10 PM by Caldrac.)

He's right. It doesn't erase sixty-one previous starts. But his three starts in the playoffs were very good games. He made ZERO mistakes in those games and we got absolutely [BLEEP] over in New England earlier this year. There's a slew of plays we can look at including even halftime show analysts calling out the bull [BLEEP] officiating in that one.

He beat Buffalo with his legs on offense. He bailed out this defense in Pittsburgh after they had a tremendous lapse in coverage and he didn't do anything to cost us that game in New England. He shouldn't be ranked at the bottom. At the minimum he deserves enough respect to be considered at least middle of the pack. Right there in that 16th - 20th range.

The problem is that so many "professional" football analysts have [BLEEP] on this kid like they had too much to eat and they washed it all down with a gallon of gin and water from Mexico. And they're too stubborn to admit that he's improved markedly since Gus Bradley's firing and Doug Marrone's promotion.

But. Whatever. Actions speak louder than words. I hope this kid [BLEEP] the NFL all up this year at the QB position and is asked a few times to bail this defense out. I hope we can get a compilation off all his critics and naysayers and make a video montage of how so many "experts" were wrong. Similar to how most "experts" thought Donald Trump could never be president of this country.

I can dream.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bortles at 30 is completely stupid, especially looking at where a lot of these are ranked. They need a new writer for this. This guy is clearly drunk always.

The guy is a tacks fan what did you really expect?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 02:18 PM by Caldrac.)

It's disrespectful.

Carr @ 16?
Mariota @ 17?
Taylor @ 21?
Mahomes @ 22?
Bradford @ 24?
Keenum @ 25?
Darnold @ 27?
Trubisky @ 29?

I would take Bortles over every single one of those guys ranked ahead of him without thinking twice. Especially considering the circumstances he's been faced with on offense between Bradley's [BLEEP] handy work as a coach. And especially considering what he had at receiver in 2017 and what he's going into 2018 with at receiver.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Cam 52.9% passer the year before. Soooo freaking overrated.

I agree with the above, many QBs ahead of him that there isn't a chance in hell i'd trade him for. I've never really seen anything like the hate he gets. There have been tons of way worse QBs I've seen in the 30+ years I've been watching football who haven't had to sniff the amount of hate Blake has. Plus Blake's a likeable guy, he's good for the community and stays out of trouble. I don't get it at all. Makes me want him to succeed even more than i already do just having him in the Jags uniform.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2018, 02:40 PM by RicoTx.)

Who cares?  It's his opinion and that's what he's paid to do...give his opinion.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-06-2018, 02:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's disrespectful.

Carr @ 16?
Mariota @ 17?
Taylor @ 21?
Mahomes @ 22?
Bradford @ 24?
Keenum @ 25?
Darnold @ 27?
Trubisky @ 29?

I would take Bortles over every single one of those guys ranked ahead of him without thinking twice. Especially considering the circumstances he's been faced with on offense between Bradley's [BLEEP] handy work as a coach. And especially considering what he had at receiver in 2017 and what he's going into 2018 with at receiver.

I agree some of these guys shouldn't be above Bortles. And some are higher or lower than I would rank them.
Personally...I think Bortles is about 15th-16th in the league. And with a good season this year would put him fringe top ten, in my books.
But the national perception isn't going to change until he performs like he has in spurts, more consistently.

(09-06-2018, 02:39 PM)Rico Wrote: Who cares?  It's his opinion and that's what he's paid to do...give his opinion.

We talk about opinions all the time on here.  Is today the day to stop?

(09-06-2018, 03:06 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 02:39 PM)Rico Wrote: Who cares?  It's his opinion and that's what he's paid to do...give his opinion.

We talk about opinions all the time on here.  Is today the day to stop?

I didn't indicate anything otherwise?  My opinion is, 'who cares'.

Came across this article, and I much prefer this guys tiers to that garbage that Rosenthal put out.

www.bigblueview.com/platform/amp/2018/9/6/17826532/nfl-quarterback-tiers-week-1-where-does-giants-qb-eli-manning-land

(09-06-2018, 03:15 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 03:06 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: We talk about opinions all the time on here.  Is today the day to stop?

I didn't indicate anything otherwise?  My opinion is, 'who cares'.

So I have to ask, why come here and post then? You care enough to post but not enough to want to discuss it beyond who cares. Ok!!

Bb5 is a top 20 qb. Some days he's on, looks great. Other games it's awful. He's a streaky qb. I think 20th would be fair. Mariota belongs at 30 lol. He sucks!

(09-06-2018, 01:50 PM)Kane Wrote: You left out the reasoning for Bortles....
"Starting three playoff games doesn't erase the 61 starts that came before. Bortles proved last year he could perform like a replacement-level starter in the aggregate, but even a plus year from Bortles will include a month's worth of games in which he barely gives his team a chance. "
It isn't wrong. And until Bortles proves otherwise... he'll be ranked at the bottom.

Yeah this is Bortles issue always will have a few of those games.
No Fun

(09-06-2018, 06:32 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 03:15 PM)Rico Wrote: I didn't indicate anything otherwise?  My opinion is, 'who cares'.

So I have to ask, why come here and post then? You care enough to post but not enough to want to discuss it beyond who cares. Ok!!

Bb5 is a top 20 qb. Some days he's on, looks great. Other games it's awful. He's a streaky qb. I think 20th would be fair. Mariota belongs at 30 lol. He sucks!

Oh, I see.  I have to discuss things by the rules you lay down or it's not allowed.

I wouldn't have him 30th, but if you took every QB off every team and had a draft of them I don't think Bortles would go in the top 20.