Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Burt Reynolds Tribute Thread

Hi, Jaguars fans.   Sad . Former  Florida State University RB, and Smokey And The Bandit, The Longest Yard, Cannonball Run, and Dan August star and actor Burt Reynolds passes away at 82 years old.  Burt also used to own his dinner theatre in Jupiter, FL, before he went bankrupt.  RIP Burt.  Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

R.I.P. to one of the last real men in Hollywood.

I'm going to have to sit down and watch Smokey and the Bandit this weekend.

[Image: burt-reynolds-last-smokey-the-bandit-197...4251_1.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 07:22 AM by copycat.)

Another Icon gone.

One of my favorite; and don't ask me why, movies of his was Gator. The irony here is hilarious. Also, why did I think he was the first QB for the Noles?

One last thought, how many Trans Am's did that man sell for Pontiac?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 09:03 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

When I was a kid, one of my favorite films was Cannonball Run. Reynolds and Dom Deluise were a great comedy duo as Reynolds played the "straight man" to Deluise's obvious comedic character. In a lot of ways, I can see that influence in one of my other favorite comedic teams, Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. Reynolds will certainly be missed.

(09-07-2018, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: When I was a kid, one of my favorite films was Cannonball Run. Reynolds and Dom Deluise were a great comedy duo as Reynolds played the "straight man" to Deluise's obvious comedic character. In a lot of ways, I can see that influence in one of my other favorite comedic teams, Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. Reynolds will certainly be missed.

Cannonball Run was awesome. Man those movies back then were fun.

(09-07-2018, 03:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: When I was a kid, one of my favorite films was Cannonball Run. Reynolds and Dom Deluise were a great comedy duo as Reynolds played the "straight man" to Deluise's obvious comedic character. In a lot of ways, I can see that influence in one of my other favorite comedic teams, Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. Reynolds will certainly be missed.

Cannonball Run was awesome. Man those movies back then were fun.

And you could tell they were having a lot of fun making the movie. 

Who can forget Doctor Van Helsing:

[Image: nikolas_van_helsing.jpg]

Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run were fun movies, but Burt Reynolds was at his best in Deliverance and Boogie Nights.

RIP
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2018, 07:49 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-07-2018, 07:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run were fun movies, but Burt Reynolds was at his best in Deliverance and Boogie Nights.

RIP

Oddly, he turned down Boogie Nights 7 times and regretted doing it so much, he fired his agent after he made it.

Cannonball Run is a highly underrated movie. I am kind of surprised they haven't done a modern day remake of it with today's super cars.

(09-07-2018, 07:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 07:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run were fun movies, but Burt Reynolds was at his best in Deliverance and Boogie Nights.

RIP

Oddly, he turned down Boogie Nights 7 times and regretted doing it so much, he fired his agent after he made it.

Cannonball Run is a highly underrated movie. I am kind of surprised they haven't done a modern day remake of it with today's super cars.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/doug-...202830133/
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-07-2018, 08:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 07:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Oddly, he turned down Boogie Nights 7 times and regretted doing it so much, he fired his agent after he made it.

Nice!

May he RIP. He will forever be the Bandit!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(09-07-2018, 07:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Oddly, he turned down Boogie Nights 7 times and regretted doing it so much, he fired his agent after he made it.

Wow! I hope they get the casting right. For some reason, I just think Zack Galiafinakis has to play Victor Prinzim aka Captain Chaos. He and Dom Deluise have/had similar styles of comedy.

They'll ruin it, just like every other remake. It will be a vapid overproduced flick full of token humorless raunch taken too far because Hollywood believes that is what constitutes adult humor. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a bunch of extraneous explosions and CG, simply because. 

Other than that, I'm optimistic.

(09-07-2018, 09:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 08:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/doug-...202830133/

They'll ruin it, just like every other remake. It will be a vapid overproduced flick full of token humorless raunch taken too far because Hollywood believes that is what constitutes adult humor. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a bunch of extraneous explosions and CG, simply because. 

Nailed it!  Intellectual humor is dead, we must be spoon fed everything these days.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-07-2018, 09:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 08:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/doug-...202830133/

I totally agree with you!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-07-2018, 07:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

RIP

No way. It would be ruined.

I personally hate when they re-make foreign films for American audiences (especially horror) and water down all the most important parts, because they believe Americans can't handle too many disturbing scenes. God forbid if the movie doesn't have a happy ending either. If it does, you'd better believe it'll have one for the U.S. version.

(09-07-2018, 09:46 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 09:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They'll ruin it, just like every other remake. It will be a vapid overproduced flick full of token humorless raunch taken too far because Hollywood believes that is what constitutes adult humor. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a bunch of extraneous explosions and CG, simply because. 

Nailed it!  Intellectual humor is dead, we must be spoon fed everything these days.

lol ... surely you don't think of Cannonball Run as intellectual humor.

I don't doubt that old-timers, i.e., those of us who saw the original, will think it's inferior - but it's just a chance for people to have an amusing ninety minutes.

And don't call me Shirley.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(09-08-2018, 11:23 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 09:46 PM)copycat Wrote: Nailed it!  Intellectual humor is dead, we must be spoon fed everything these days.

lol ... surely you don't think of Cannonball Run as intellectual humor.

I don't doubt that old-timers, i.e., those of us who saw the original, will think it's inferior - but it's just a chance for people to have an amusing ninety minutes.

And don't call me Shirley.

I'll never get over Macho Grande either.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato