Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Benny Snell

As much as I would like to re sign Grant and even Yeldon as I feel he has improved every year, I dont think we resign either.  I think we draft another RB. What round do yall thi k Snell goes in?  1st? 2nd, any chance he falls to the 3rd?  My favorite running back prospect this year. I think he will be a Pro Bowl RB in the pros as well.  I think he goes in the 2nd though and I doubt we draft one that high.  If he fell to the 3rd I would draft him in a sec though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean alot of guys look like a future pro bowler when they are running through a wet paper bag

(09-09-2018, 06:50 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I mean alot of guys look like a future pro bowler when they are running through a wet paper bag

?

Ya Florida's defense is a wet paper bag.......look like a pee wee team tackling

(09-12-2018, 07:45 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Ya Florida's defense is a wet paper bag.......look like a pee wee team tackling

What does that have to do with me wanting or liking Snell?  I didnt base it off one game and he doesnt just look good against Florida.  The guys has had a great college career and his game translates great to the pros.

4 TDs beast

Relax guys Gamecocks are getting ready to bottle the guy up

Benny Snell is a first rounder imo. Had a good freshman campaign... and a solid year last year when they faced stacked boxes. Again this year he is producing.
But if we're picking 32nd.... I wouldn't mind using another first on having 2 beastly RBs.

That being said... I don't think we'll be using a high draft pick on RB, even if he were to slip into round 2 it'll be at the top where hopefully we aren't selecting
I think by years end we'll have 3 first round RBs. Love, Snell, and Harris. (Anderson maybe too if he declares)
I really think we're seeing a reemergence of the RB position in the NFL and I think all these guys I listed have the ability to be bell cows at the next level.
High YPC, good 40 speed, vision...

But in round 2 or 3 I like guys like Scott (Mich St) and Williams (A&M)

(09-27-2018, 03:58 PM)Kane Wrote: Benny Snell is a first rounder imo. Had a good freshman campaign... and a solid year last year when they faced stacked boxes. Again this year he is producing.
But if we're picking 32nd.... I wouldn't mind using another first on having 2 beastly RBs.

That being said... I don't think we'll be using a high draft pick on RB, even if he were to slip into round 2 it'll be at the top where hopefully we aren't selecting
I think by years end we'll have 3 first round RBs. Love, Snell, and Harris. (Anderson maybe too if he declares)
I really think we're seeing a reemergence of the RB position in the NFL and I think all these guys I listed have the ability to be bell cows at the next level.
High YPC, good 40 speed, vision...

But in round 2 or 3 I like guys like Scott (Mich St) and Williams (A&M)

It wouldnt shock me If Snell went in the 1st.  Darrell Henderson is my 2md favorite back, would love to get him.

This team definately needs another RB. Should have gotten one in this years draft. I'm all for taking one high in the draft. With the way we run Fournette, and his style of running, he's going to miss games here and there. Need an RB2 that can carry the load, run between the tackles, and have some elusiveness.

If Miles Sanders declares, I'll take him in the third please.

I'm against drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds and Snell is a borderline first rounder at this point and his arrow is trending up. If he keeps up this pace, he should be a first round lock. I'd look for a RB in the 4th or 5th round.

(09-29-2018, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm against drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds and Snell is a borderline first rounder at this point and his arrow is trending up. If he keeps up this pace, he should be a first round lock. I'd look for a RB in the 4th or 5th round.

Where we take one depends on if we keep Yeldon and/or Grant, imo. Both are FAs

Letting either or both go I could see us taking one in the 2nd round (which is bottom ish of 2nd)

Very fun and tough back. Love watching him play. His speed, burst and agility are all question marks though, would be very surprising if he went in the first.

(10-01-2018, 04:14 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm against drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds and Snell is a borderline first rounder at this point and his arrow is trending up. If he keeps up this pace, he should be a first round lock. I'd look for a RB in the 4th or 5th round.

Where we take one depends on if we keep Yeldon and/or Grant, imo. Both are FAs

Letting either or both go I could see us taking one in the 2nd round (which is bottom ish of 2nd)

That's a little high for me, but given how many games Fournette misses because of injury, I'm starting to change my mind. Did I mention he's killing my fantasy football team?

(10-01-2018, 08:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 04:14 PM)Kane Wrote: Where we take one depends on if we keep Yeldon and/or Grant, imo. Both are FAs

That's a little high for me, but given how many games Fournette misses because of injury, I'm starting to change my mind. Did I mention he's killing my fantasy football team?

I feel ya brother.... used a late first on him in one league.
And went late with RBs so stuck with guys like Dion Lewis and Brieda as starters lol
And let go of Yeldon like a shmuck

Snell reminds me of Perine a lot.

Snell will do nothing in the NFL, been saying that from the beginning. He has no speed or burst, seemed to have good vision at the beginning of the season and now that teams are paying attention to him he does nothing more than average. After today it seems that UK football is back to where it belongs, an embarrassment. Stoops and Calapari are both jokes as coaches but at least one of the two can recruit. Yes, I am a po'ed UK fan.

He's tailed off in the last 3 weeks. Given that RB is not really a #1 need for any team at this point, I now see him as more of a 2nd or 3rd round type. I still think he can be a very good NFL RB though. I just don't think it will be us, given the Carlos Hyde trade.

Snell looks like a fullback out there. Hes one of the slowest running backs I've ever seen. I wouldn't draft him in any round.