Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson>>>>>>>>>Moncrief + Lee + Hayden

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2018, 04:07 PM by Upper.)

(09-11-2018, 09:42 AM)Predator Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 01:19 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It's been one game fellas. Let it breathe.

One game and he completely disappeared in the second half when he was most needed.

Disappeared, or more likely Nagy just turtled in the 2nd half when he was up 20-0 facing what he thought was an injured QB in what would be a huge upset in his first game while being also being a huge underdog...and it obviously backfired spectacularly. I'm sure he wishes he drew up a few more targets Arob's way. 4/61 on 7 targets is still pretty solid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2018, 12:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He looked like the same A Rob. Yeah he didn't have a big game but still played well/looked good with a mediocre QB.

A Rob had 61 yards and no TDs.

Hurns had 20 yards and no TDs.

We're missing nothing except salaries.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-11-2018, 07:49 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 12:47 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He looked like the same A Rob. Yeah he didn't have a big game but still played well/looked good with a mediocre QB.

Very impressive and thorough analysis. 4/61 on 7 targets exactly 1 year off ACL surgery with a new team while only having two series total of preseason work is actually pretty impressive to me. Especially since he showed his trademark hands and catch radius that Blake desperately needs.

Btw, how did our ~18 mil WR duo do? 1 catch for 14 yards on 5 targets (well 2 catches if you count the interception)? You aimed your nothing except salaries snark at the wrong duo my dude.

(09-11-2018, 07:49 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

The QB doesnt matter?  They would of had a better QB with Bortles

(09-12-2018, 09:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 07:49 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: A Rob had 61 yards and no TDs.

The QB doesnt matter?  They would of had a better QB with Bortles

Promises...promises...

IDK...
Kinda looks like similar stats we were getting from them some games in 2016 (when they both last played for us)

I'm not saying Bortles isn't better than Biscuit and Dak, but no guarantees they are much better.
Robinson is still working back to real football readiness. I don't think he played all offensive snaps.
Hurns probably has a better stat line but not much better. I think Dallas is playing him outside and his best role is in the slot, iirc.

2015 was a long time ago guys lol The savior to our passing attack is not a WR in free agency or a guy we let walk, imo.
It's just reps for the guys we have coupled with better QB play (and hand in hand with that is a more open offensive playbook)
Perhaps it turns on with Bortles, but more likely is we're a run first team and not much of a pass attack while he is here.

(09-12-2018, 12:15 AM)Upper Wrote:

Very impressive and thorough analysis. 4/61 on 7 targets exactly 1 year off ACL surgery with a new team while only having two series total of preseason work is actually pretty impressive to me. Especially since he showed his trademark hands and catch radius that Blake desperately needs.

Btw, how did our ~18 mil WR duo do? 1 catch for 14 yards on 5 targets (well 2 catches if you count the interception)? You aimed your nothing except salaries snark at the wrong duo my dude.

This is a fair point. But the difference in AR15 and Hurns' contracts and Moncrief and Lee's is pretty substantial, in total guarantees and cap effect, yes?
That being said... we won't really know if the economics and risks in the way Jags went about their money is worth it until seasons end.
Essentially we went more average contract at WR and heavy at OG with an eye toward our defensive key players in the future.
Instead of putting money into WR and leaving OL essentially the same (Maybe draft equity) and putting more pressure on the deals of the defensive future.
I think Hayden was cheaper than Colvin deal, so if Hayden is good--at least decent-- probably a wash there. Colvin really wanted to play outside, start, get paid, and good on him.

We'll see how it all shakes out. But I think too much hand wringing is going into the WR group and pass game after 1 game against a team that actually pretty good defensively.
(They were rated highly two seasons ago, and last season an awful offense put their D in bad situations, as Jags fans, we can relate)

(09-13-2018, 01:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 12:15 AM)Upper Wrote: Very impressive and thorough analysis. 4/61 on 7 targets exactly 1 year off ACL surgery with a new team while only having two series total of preseason work is actually pretty impressive to me. Especially since he showed his trademark hands and catch radius that Blake desperately needs.

This is a fair point. But the difference in AR15 and Hurns' contracts and Moncrief and Lee's is pretty substantial, in total guarantees and cap effect, yes?

A little bit but not really. We backloaded Marqise's deal so his dead cap after year 2 (while only 3.5 mil) is actually the biggest of all 4 of them. Moncrief is just one his big one year deal, and Hurns is on a small 2 year deal they can get out of for just 1 mil. The Arob deal was actually structured nicely with the bonuses/GTD up front. If he performs he's the best value out of the 4, and if he doesn't the Bears can get out very cheaply after next year. Kind of how we typically structure our deals but we didn't do that this year.

Yes but Arob didn't want to play in jax, he wanted to be spotlight somewhere else.

(09-13-2018, 09:06 PM)icey14 Wrote: Yes but Arob didn't want to play in jax, he wanted to be spotlight somewhere else.

Part of me wonders how much ARob wanted to be here... with Bortles.
Especially after a season where we succeeded without him.

Fresh start an all.

(09-12-2018, 12:15 AM)Upper Wrote:

Sorry I wasn't "thorough" enough for you and didn't "analyze" it to your satisfaction.  lol

They're just dudes.  Nothing special.  Their impact is not appreciably different from the guys we have now.  And they would have cost us more, most likely.  That was the only point I'm making.  It's not like we lost Julio and Odel or something.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Allen Robinson flat out didn’t want to catch footballs from Bortles. I think he was frustrated much like Kelvin Benjimen was with Cam Newton.

No way the Jags front office looked at his numbers and said “meh, were better off with Moncrief”

As far as Allen Hurns. He over achieved from the start. He was undrafted out of Miami. And then he made the team and earned himself a payday.

And I’m 2015 we got everything he had. That will go down as Hurns’ best year as a pro. A thousand yard season with 10 TRs. But we all know deep down that Hurns couldn’t give you a thousand yards year after year.

So it became a numbers game with Hurns. Robinson simply wanted another team.

(09-13-2018, 09:06 PM)icey14 Wrote: Yes but Arob didn't want to play in jax, he wanted to be spotlight somewhere else.

(09-14-2018, 03:04 PM)Kane Wrote:

Part of me wonders how much ARob wanted to be here... with Bortles.

(09-14-2018, 08:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So it became a numbers game with Hurns. Robinson simply wanted another team.

That's the beauty of the franchise tag. He not only would have had to have proven he was healthy, he would have had to show he was a fully committed and productive teammate if he wanted to get the long term $$$. If he spent this year moping and half assing his way through the season (and I reject the idea that he did that anyway, but just to indulge you all) it would hurt himself as much as us, that wouldn't have happened.

I think kneejerk reactions like this are foolish. This is a claim you can make at midseason, but not after the first game. Give Bortles and Moncrief time to gel and let's revisit later.

I was a big proponent of keeping Robinson. I don’t hate the reasoning in letting him walk though. It makes a lot of sense given the injury, the upcoming cap situation and Marrone’s general approach to the game. 

The Jags WR corps may turn out to really miss him, but we don’t really know anything after one week of football. 

I’ll have to let this play out to the bye week before really passsing judgement. 
Bortles is streaky by nature, and we’ve got some young receivers that can get hot too.

Cole and Westbrook will improve as the season goes on imo. Chark needs to take Moncriefs spot on the depth chart imo

ARob is still garbage. Nothing has changed for me. Water is wet.

(09-15-2018, 07:56 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: ARob is still garbage. Nothing has changed for me. Water is wet.

Dunno if I'd call him garbage, he's serviceable, a bit better than serviceable but not as good as he thinks he is. Even though they're different kinds of players, Cole is the guy I'd rather have.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

ARob is good but he is no Cole.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 07:25 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-15-2018, 07:56 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Moncrief is still garbage. Nothing has changed for me. Water is wet.

FIFY

Robinson had another solid game.

(09-18-2018, 07:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: ARob is good but he is no Cole.

A Rob is still better. 

Cole is good and maybe he will be better than A Rob but that hasn't happened yet.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 08:48 AM by RicoTx.)

[Image: 6h52f6.jpg]

Let me just add this from Oesher's column:

9.Keelan Cole may be headed to big-time status. The second-year wide receiver’s one-handed stab catch in the first quarter was the game’s highlight play, but Cole caught seven passes for 116 yards. Six went for first downs. Remember: Cole struggled to adapt to the NFL for six games last season. He has 46 receptions for 881 yards and four touchdowns in 12 games since, and he is averaging more than 17 yards per reception for his career. This career could get interesting.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]