Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week In the AFC South-Week 2

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:32 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-14-2018, 08:48 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Please pardon my Fantasy Football ignorance, but why is that?

If football is supposed to be a passing game, you would think the QBs would be the most important position in fantasy football.

If the scoring is based upon how many TDs are produced, only one RB has ever scored 28 TDs in a season, and that was LaDanian Tomlinson.  QBs routinely throw for over 30 TDs in a season.

Same thing goes for yards produced.

Yet the reality for FF is that QBs are devalued.

Why?

Gets a little more complicated than that, even if the logic is sound. QB is generally your highest scorer (depending on league setup)

TDs: Some leagues QBs only get 4 points for throwing a TD while WR/RBs get 6 points, but we can probably call this a wash. 
Yards: Here's where it really changes. most leagues, a RB/WR gets 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or recieving. QBs usually get one point for every 25 yards passing
Catches: If you are in a PPR league (points per reception) a WR/RB can get 1 point for every catch, but the QB gets nothing for a completion.
QBs lose points for sacks, fumbles, and INTs. WR/RBs ose points for fumbles and negative yards, but not for drops.

The main thing though is most QBs are going to be relatively close in points at the end of the year, with exceptions of course (Brees, Brady, Rodgers) Blake is actually a good Fantasy QB due to his running ability. You only play one QB in a league (usually)

There is a huge drop off in points between the top WR/RBs and the bottom tier. You also start anywhere from 2 - 4 of each of them depending on the league. Getting a group of guys with the likes of Gurley, AJ Green, Fournette, and Tyreek Hill and say Alex Smith as your QB will crush someone who has Drew Brees but their skill guys being say Carlos Hyde, Agohoor, Dion Lewis, and Randall Cobb. (these are just random examples of Tier A vs Tier B/C)

Then you have the "guys who are monsters in PPR but garbage in Standard scoring" like Agholor who had 8 catches for 33 yards. Standard scoring gets you 3.3 points, PPR scoring gets you 11.3. Either way, the QB who threw him those passes got 1.5 points out of that production.

Well...I dunno.  I like my loyalties pure on Sundays.  

I want to root for the Jaguars and against those divisional teams and other competition in the AFC-and Buffalo.

I don't want to sit there and hope so and so on some other non Jaguars team has a good game, because that may work against the Jaguars in some way.

That's why I never got into FF.

(09-14-2018, 10:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 10:21 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Lol you are still butthurt about vrabel arent ya?

He's mad they never rolled out a 2 QB system like you guys

Well...they did week one last year.

Banana

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by Bullseye - 09-12-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by RicoTx - 09-13-2018, 07:27 AM
RE: This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by Kane - 09-13-2018, 10:36 AM
RE: This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by Kane - 09-18-2018, 03:00 PM
RE: This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by Deacon - 09-13-2018, 11:23 AM
RE: This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by Deacon - 09-17-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: This Week In the AFC South-Week 2 - by foo895 - 09-13-2018, 12:09 PM