Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns releasing Josh Gordon

per Schefter

so unless he has gone back down the rabbit hole with his life outside football, Jags have to try to make a play on him, right?

of course he'll have a TON of other suitors

am curious to what happened though. Practiced all week, then all of a sudden downgraded to out today for Sunday, now is going to be released

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounds like he didn't report to the facility on time this morning.

And yes, I'd absolutely kick the tires on Gordon after he's released. This team has the strong leadership to take a gamble on a potential knucklehead or two and Gordon's talent is easily worth that.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 07:39 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I'd be all over it.

Imagine we could have had Blackmon and Gordon on the same team lol that one game per year they're both not suspended would have been amazing!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

It'd be an interesting move if the Jags grab him. Was it really over not showing up on time? Was he under performing with the Browns?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 07:55 PM by Setsuna00.)

(09-15-2018, 07:47 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: It'd be an interesting move if the Jags grab him. Was it really over not showing up on time? Was he under performing with the Browns?

No without his last minute TD in their first game the Browns are 0-1 instead of 0-0-1

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 08:16 PM by Upper.)

Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
Updated: #Browns Gordon showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself.' Red flag for possible substance use was the concern of some in the org.

Gordon is subject to waivers too, so we're a longshot to get him even if we did want him.

EDIT: Nvm Schefty is now saying he isn't subject to waivers after saying he was minutes ago.

Just came to post the waiver news too.

Going to be very interesting where he goes.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 08:16 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Wonder if Cleveland is trying to get a last minute trade in for him by announcing they are releasing Monday instead of just pulling the trigger and releasing him tonight.

get him, Dave!

and Schefter is on it

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...0972762114

I love gordon, sees some leader to get him more mature, thats what we are, we are disciplined.

Go get him bring him in cheap.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 08:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I would definitely be interested in Gordon as long as he's willing to sign a cheap, incentive based contract and he's not facing another suspension. I think we have enough positive influences in the locker room that he'd have a chance of turning things around.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...5536904192

whats the most you'd give for him?

5th with conditions on games played that could make it a 4th?

Honestly, would you give our 3rd rounder for him knowing we'd likely replace it with a similar compensatory pick when Fowler leaves?

If he's got his head on straight he's worth that. Plus Gruden screwed up the market a bit by trading a 3rd for Martavis Bryant
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

What is his contract like? I'd say 4th round if he plays in the rest of the games and produces, 7th round if he gets suspended.

There is no reason to trade or release him unless he relapsed. Not sure how he gets traded if they know something. I would make sure the medical includes drugs and alcohol testing.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The league has said they have no failed drug tests from him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-15-2018, 08:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What is his contract like? I'd say 4th round if he plays in the rest of the games and produces, 7th round if he gets suspended.

There is no reason to trade or release him unless he relapsed. Not sure how he gets traded if they know something. I would make sure the medical includes drugs and alcohol testing.

His contract is essentially nothing, less than a mil this season and he's a RFA at the end of the season.  Any team that trades for him gets him at a super cheap contract for 2 years if they tender him after this season.

(09-15-2018, 09:10 PM)empty Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 08:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What is his contract like? I'd say 4th round if he plays in the rest of the games and produces, 7th round if he gets suspended.

His contract is essentially nothing, less than a mil this season and he's a RFA at the end of the season.  Any team that trades for him gets him at a super cheap contract for 2 years if they tender him after this season.

Absolutely worth the gamble. 

$790k this year and even a 1st round tender contract puts him at only $2.8mil next year
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Sounds like he hurt his hamstring outside of a team activity and showed up late.

New GM who isn’t willing to ride on the Gordon rollercoaster is my guess.

(09-15-2018, 08:36 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...5536904192

whats the most you'd give for him?

5th with conditions on games played that could make it a 4th?

heck no, 7th, maybe 6th at best. Guy is such a high risk to be out of the league. A conditional pick is the only think I would offer.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I hope we get him