Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carr vs Bortles round one

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 09:20 AM by Diz.)

Quote:Meh.

Have the Raiders blown anyone out this year? They have some come from behind victories against the Ravens and Saints. They beat the Titans by 7, Chargers by 3, Ravens by 1 and Saints by 1.

I see a close game considering the Raiders secondary is very weak.

Notice, 2 teams we lost to on that list... one that absolutely dominated us.

They pass the eye test.  We don't.  You can't truthfully say  you've watched our games and feel like we're a competitive team. 

There's debate if the Raiders are closer to 9-7 or 7-9?

The Jags are looking somewhere between 2-14 and 5-11 at best.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we lose at home and drop to 2-4...I'm gonna be upset.
Yup, it means put a fork in it in winning the division and making the playoffs.

Quote:Notice, 2 teams we lost to on that list... one that absolutely dominated us.

They pass the eye test.  We don't.  You can't truthfully say  you've watched our games and feel like we're a competitive team. 

If this game was in Oakland, I would say there is a chance we get blown out. But the Raiders defense is very suspect, we are playing at home where we generally play better and it seems Oakland hasn't come close to being dominant in any game they have played.

I don't know how you can see our games and think we aren't competitive considering we have only been blown out once.

Quote:If this game was in Oakland, I would say there is a chance we get blown out. But the Raiders defense is very suspect, we are playing at home where we generally play better and it seems Oakland hasn't come close to being dominant in any game they have played.

I don't know how you can see our games and think we aren't competitive considering we have only been blown out once.

Pretty much. Their defense is really bad. As someone said, they've gotten lucky on 4th downs and 2pt conversions. They are actually one of the worst defenses in the league and even with a 4-2 record they have a -11 point differential compared to our -26. They've played some very bad defenses already and barely got wins. The worst defense we played was Indy and we scored 30.

I think the deciding factor will be JDR vs Bradley. The cross country trip from them will help us. This should actually be pretty good game.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Pretty much. Their defense is really bad. As someone said, they've gotten lucky on 4th downs and 2pt conversions. They are actually one of the worst defenses in the league and even with a 4-2 record they have a -11 point differential compared to our -26. They've played some very bad defenses already and barely got wins. The worst defense we played was Indy and we scored 30.

I think the deciding factor will be JDR vs Bradley. The cross country trip from them will help us. This should actually be pretty good game.
It seems you and I agree very often.... Bud Light or Miller lite?

Quote:I disagree with that because it's the #1 game on cbs at 1 pm so don't just dismissed it.

Yup, Gumbel and Trent Green doing the game. And get ready folks, we have the worst ref calling our game Sunday.

Quote:If this game was in Oakland, I would say there is a chance we get blown out. But the Raiders defense is very suspect, we are playing at home where we generally play better and it seems Oakland hasn't come close to being dominant in any game they have played.

Being "competitive" against other bad teams does not make you competitive.

Seriously... We're "close" with Indy, Chicago, and Baltimore.

Do any of those 3 teams strike you as even "Decent"?

Oakland isn't looking like a perennial playoff team or anything... but they're certainly looking better overall than all 3 of those teams, and the Jags.

PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:Being "competitive" against other bad teams does not make you competitive.

Oakland isn't looking like a perennial playoff team or anything... but they're certainly looking better overall than all 3 of those teams, and the Jags.

Green Bay is at the very least "Decent" and we outplayed them. The Raiders are no better than the Packers. Maybe we'll get a reasonably even call from the officials this time.

Quote:Being "competitive" against other bad teams does not make you competitive.

What about Green Bay?

And man... I guess Oakland blew out Baltimore by the way you're talking. How much did they win by?

I'm not claiming the Jags are some world beater here but they played GB down to the wire and GB is probably the best team they have faced. 

This is why we play the games.

Nobody knows who is going to win.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:It seems you and I agree very often.... Bud Light or Miller lite?

Ugh, if I had to choose between those, I'd go Miller.

But give me a nice IPA over either of those any day.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Ugh, if I had to choose between those, I'd go Miller.

I can't do IPAs, personally... too hoppy and bitter.

Prefer German Pils, or the occasional Sour.

There's a lot of good Ciders out there, as well, but I don't really count those as "beer".

And who doesn't love a good Chocolate Stout?

PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:Ugh, if I had to choose between those, I'd go Miller.

Bud light and IPAs all day. 

Get a room.

Dont expect to get any calls once again. Jeff Triplette is the ref.

Quote:Right now Carr is having a much better career.

Advantage Carr so far.

Bortles 

59% complete - 8,657 yds - 54 tds - 42 ints - 80 passer rating

Carr

60% complete - 8,865 yds - 65 tds - 28 ints - 86 passer rating

Quote:Dont expect to get any calls once again. Jeff Triplette is the ref.

Well... we're averaging 9.2 per game, and Oakland is averaging 8.7 per... so I'm expecting about 200 yards worth of penalties combined lol

PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:Notice, 2 teams we lost to on that list... one that absolutely dominated us.

I disagree strongly with the sentiment in bold.

We gave Green Bay all they could handle.  But for some 16 calls that went against us that shouldn't have, we beat Green Bay in week one.

We were more than competitive against Baltimore.  Just unable to generate a modicum of a running game when we needed it the most, or block effectively for a FG.  Either of those things happen, we beat Baltimore.

The only game we weren't competitive was San Diego, and they crushed us as usual.

Now had you said there's no way to look at our games and see a dominant or playoff team, I'd agree with that.

But being within one score in four out of the five games we've played when the final whistle sounds is competitive.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I disagree strongly with the sentiment in bold.

We gave Green Bay all they could handle.  But for some 16 calls that went against us that shouldn't have, we beat Green Bay in week one.

We were more than competitive against Baltimore.  Just unable to generate a modicum of a running game when we needed it the most, or block effectively for a FG.  Either of those things happen, we beat Baltimore.

The only game we weren't competitive was San Diego, and they crushed us as usual.

Now had you said there's no way to look at our games and see a dominant or playoff team, I'd agree with that.

But being within one score in four out of the five games we've played when the final whistle sounds is competitive.

Close game against bad teams does not = Being a Competitive Team.

Realize that the Ravens haven't won SINCE that game.  2 of their 3 wins?  Jags and Browns.  Real contenders.

Indy?  Even Frank Gore doesn't have anything good to say about the Colts.

Bears?  They're 1-5 for a reason.

Close games against bad teams does not make you a competitive team.  It means you're a bad team, who happened to get the better of another bad team that day.

Can you seriously say you look at this Jags team and see them being competitive against Pittsburgh (With Ben, obvs)?  New England?  Minnesota?  Denver?  Dallas?  Atlanta?

I think not.

PA Jags Fan
;

Why do you guys keep repeating the same things over and over and over again.  We get it...don't you?