Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carr vs Bortles round one

Quote:Well... we're averaging 9.2 per game, and Oakland is averaging 8.7 per... so I'm expecting about 200 yards worth of penalties combined lol
And that's just in the first half!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Advantage Carr so far.

Bortles

59% complete - 8,657 yds - 54 tds - 42 ints - 80 passer rating

Carr

60% complete - 8,865 yds - 65 tds - 28 ints - 86 passer rating

Wow big difference in the interception department.

Quote:I disagree strongly with the sentiment in bold.

We gave Green Bay all they could handle. But for some 16 calls that went against us that shouldn't have, we beat Green Bay in week one.

We were more than competitive against Baltimore. Just unable to generate a modicum of a running game when we needed it the most, or block effectively for a FG. Either of those things happen, we beat Baltimore.

The only game we weren't competitive was San Diego, and they crushed us as usual.

Now had you said there's no way to look at our games and see a dominant or playoff team, I'd agree with that.

But being within one score in four out of the five games we've played when the final whistle sounds is competitive.

An addition to this is how many teams in the NFL are consistently dominant right now? Parity is crazy this year, so why lose hope? We are in a weak division and we can still get going, if our offense gets it together.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Advantage Carr so far.

Bortles 

59% complete - 8,657 yds - 54 tds - 42 ints - 80 passer rating

Carr

60% complete - 8,865 yds - 65 tds - 28 ints - 86 passer rating
Not by much, Carr has a better running game and better OL

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Now that Bortles all of the sudden throws like Leftwich, it's Carr who is having the better career so far.

Quote:Not by much, Carr has a better running game and better OL

Not by much?  9 TDs and 14INTs is definitely something.

It's not a Land Slide or anything, but it's more than a smidge.

Also, I don't think you can really put it all on the O-Line/Run Game.  I'm a Bortles fan, but you have to admit... a significant number of his Interceptions were due to very poor decisions.

And even if you don't admit it.  He has.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:Not by much? 9 TDs and 14INTs is definitely something.

Also, I don't think you can really put it all on the O-Line/Run Game. I'm a Bortles fan, but you have to admit... a significant number of his Interceptions were due to very poor decisions.

And even if you don't admit it. He has.

This.

Quote:Not by much?  9 TDs and 14INTs is definitely something.

Also, I don't think you can really put it all on the O-Line/Run Game.  I'm a Bortles fan, but you have to admit... a significant number of his Interceptions were due to very poor decisions.

And even if you don't admit it.  He has.

I kinda see where you're coming from and don't completely disagree with you.

However, in the interest of fairness, it bears mentioning that Carr has also started 6 more games than Blake and yet has taken half as many sacks (62 vs. 120). Even if you acknowledge that Blake sometimes sacks himself...that discrepancy is astronomical and cannot be so easily dismissed.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I kinda see where you're coming from and don't completely disagree with you.

However, in the interest of fairness, it bears mentioning that Carr has also started 6 more games than Blake and yet has taken half as many sacks (62 vs. 120). Even if you acknowledge that Blake sometimes sacks himself...that discrepancy is astronomical and cannot be so easily dismissed.

Blake has definitely taken a lot of sacks.  There's no question there.  The vast majority of his Ints weren't while getting hit though.  They were just ill-advised throws.

Blake is definitely a bit more of a "gun-slinger", but he doesn't have the TDs advantage to show for it vs Carr.

Even if you extrapolate for those additional 6 games, Blake's at ~63 TDs ~49 Ints.

Ball Security is a very real problem with Blake.  Often times at absolutely back breaking moments.

I just don't think one can doubt that Carr, so far, has been better in his career.

Again, not a Land Slide, but he's definitely better.

Check back in 7 years and it should be an interesting 10year snapshot between the two.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

^

Points duly noted.

What's your honest take on him so far this season as it pertains to him taking care of the football relative to his first two seasons?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

So far Bortles has outplayed Flacco, Luck, and Hoyer back to back to back and had a better PFF ranking score than Aaron Rodgers in opener yet Jags fans think they can do better at QB.

Bortles will outperform Carr as well and they will still complain.

Quote:Blake has definitely taken a lot of sacks.  There's no question there.  The vast majority of his Ints weren't while getting hit though.  They were just ill-advised throws.

Blake is definitely a bit more of a "gun-slinger", but he doesn't have the TDs advantage to show for it vs Carr.

Even if you extrapolate for those additional 6 games, Blake's at ~63 TDs ~49 Ints.

Ball Security is a very real problem with Blake.  Often times at absolutely back breaking moments.

I just don't think one can doubt that Carr, so far, has been better in his career.

Again, not a Land Slide, but he's definitely better.

Check back in 7 years and it should be an interesting 10year snapshot between the two.

According to PFF, Bortles has a career 108 QB rating when NOT pressured. The o line has been so bad with Luke Jockel, it's been hard to see many games without pressure. Finally, Sunday's 4th quarter of 11-14, 130 yards and TD is what happens when inept coaches and inept offensive lines stop being INEPT. Equals success. Put Bortles in shotgun in a two minute offense and watch him go to work.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 06:04 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:Wow big difference in the interception department.
Wrong. The big difference in the NFL is the O line. The Raiders have the #2 o line in the NFL after the Cowboys according to Pro Football Focus. You wonder why Dak Prescott is so good? Because his o line. Put Dak on the Jags and he's got more INTs than TDs.

Bortles has a career 108 QB rating when not pressured. Look at Tom Brady and let me know how many times he's been hit. O line is everything in NFL.

Quote:So far Bortles has outplayed Flacco, Luck, and Hoyer back to back to back and had a better PFF ranking score than Aaron Rodgers in opener yet Jags fans think they can do better at QB.

Bortles will outperform Carr as well and they will still complain.
Bortles plays well at times, and then completely stinks it up. His windup is atrocious, and he makes far too many turnovers. If he had a quick release and could just limit the turnovers by half, then I'd say he's better than the QB's you listed. Especially with Rodgers struggling, he had a chance to emerge in the Top 5. Sadly, it seems as if he's regressed this year.

Quote:Wrong. The big difference in the NFL is the O line. The Raiders have the #2 o line in the NFL after the Cowboys according to Pro Football Focus. You wonder why Dak Prescott is so good? Because his o line. Put Dak on the Jags and he's got more INTs than TDs.

Bortles has a career 108 QB rating when not pressured. Look at Tom Brady and let me know how many times he's been hit. O line is everything in NFL.

Oh man you go by the PFF ranking, another way I know you and your family scouts are kind of in the questionable zone. 

Quote:Oh man you go by the PFF ranking, another way I know you and your family scouts are kind of in the questionable zone.

All one needs to do is look at your avatar to realize you're uneducated and a joke. Do you Bill Polian? Didn't think so.

Quote:Oh man you go by the PFF ranking, another way I know you and your family scouts are kind of in the questionable zone.

I don't need to prove anything to you because you don't know much about football but my father was sitting in Phillip Fulmer's living room in Knoxville with Peyton Manning as a scout. My father worked under Polian and told him to draft Peyton over Leaf. He was one of 6 scouts on assignment. Polian didn't want Peyton until he finally realized Peyton had a killer instinct and told Polian if Polian didn't draft him, "he would come back and kick the colts [BLEEP]". That's when Polian finally listened to his scouts and drafted Peyton. The rest is history,

My father retired to Florida and is friends with George OLeary. He's met Blake multiple years at UCF and knows he has the same leadership skills and killer instinct as Peyton does. In no way is he comparing him to Peyton but he's undoubtably a franchise QB and will be ELITE. He's 24. No QBs age 24 throw for 4,000 and 35 TDs.

I'm not looking for your approval. I could careless. O'Leary is retired and fishes on his boat with my father all the time near his beach house in Palm Coast and also been to his lake house in Atlanta. He's also helped out at O'Learys family's restaurant.

So let me know ask you again......who are you? And I don't care what YOU think.

So I guess you understand why I'm more of a Bortles fan than a Jags fan. My father said Peyton was the best player in 1998 draft and also Blake was best player in his draft. Time will tell but so far it's looking like it's between Carr, Blake, and Mack. Either way, Jags are VERY lucky to have Bortles with the way they have drafted over the years. It's been atrocious

Quote:I don't need to prove anything to you because you don't know much about football but my father was sitting in Phillip Fulmer's living room in Knoxville with Peyton Manning as a scout. My father worked under Polian and told him to draft Peyton over Leaf. He was one of 6 scouts on assignment. Polian didn't want Peyton until he finally realized Peyton had a killer instinct and told Polian if Polian didn't draft him, "he would come back and kick the colts [BAD WORD REMOVED]". That's when Polian finally listened to his scouts and drafted Peyton. The rest is history,

My father retired to Florida and is friends with George OLeary. He's met Blake multiple years at UCF and knows he has the same leadership skills and killer instinct as Peyton does. In no way is he comparing him to Peyton but he's undoubtably a franchise QB and will be ELITE. He's 24. No QBs age 24 throw for 4,000 and 35 TDs.

I'm not looking for your approval. I could careless. O'Leary is retired and fishes on his boat with my father all the time near his beach house in Palm Coast and also been to his lake house in Atlanta. He's also helped out at O'Learys family's restaurant.

Don't worry about the haters on here because they don't have nothing going on in their lives but to throw tantrums base on certain players not meeting their expectations. Be yourself and most importantly, don't stop in your belief in Bortles because of the unfair negativity that surrounds him in this city. I'm a Jaguar fan first but i'm truly rooting for Blake to lead this franchise because despite your perception of us as a fan base not all of us have that negativity towards him and the team. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:All one needs to do is look at your avatar to realize you're uneducated and a joke. Do you Bill Polian? Didn't think so.

So not only are you completely uneducated to the point where you result to childish antics in bringing up someones avatar to say their education level, gotcha on one count of foolishness right there. 

Quote:I don't need to prove anything to you because you don't know much about football but my father was sitting in Phillip Fulmer's living room in Knoxville with Peyton Manning as a scout. My father worked under Polian and told him to draft Peyton over Leaf. He was one of 6 scouts on assignment. Polian didn't want Peyton until he finally realized Peyton had a killer instinct and told Polian if Polian didn't draft him, "he would come back and kick the colts [BAD WORD REMOVED]". That's when Polian finally listened to his scouts and drafted Peyton. The rest is history,

2) You literally had to go into space to try and "school" me on why drafting Manning over Leaf was a better decision when in reality I was an SEC kid watching UF vs UT the entire time Manning was there and wouldn't have thought twice about taking Manning over Leaf myself (Who's uneducated and has no NFL scouts in the family mind you)? I won't respond to you again, I see why nobody likes you here and I'll join them. Have a good day tomorrow in school you'll get out of it soon! Smile