Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carr vs Bortles round one

Quote:Bortles plays well at times, and then completely stinks it up. His windup is atrocious, and he makes far too many turnovers. If he had a quick release and could just limit the turnovers by half, then I'd say he's better than the QB's you listed. Especially with Rodgers struggling, he had a chance to emerge in the Top 5. Sadly, it seems as if he's regressed this year.

LOL he hasn't regressed at all. Fans don't understand that coaching means everything. Belichick can lose Tom Brady and go 11-5 with Matt Cassell. It's the system. Gus Bradley doesn't have a system. Bortles is a gunslinger. O'Leary at UCF was maybe the most conservative coach in all of NCAA, he ran 2 yards and a cloud of dust over and over for years dating back to his Georgia Tech days. When he had Kevin Smith at UCF, he ran so much, he JUST MISSED Barry Sanders rushing record.

Then O'Leary adapted when he had Bortles. He and Charlie Taafe put Bortles in shotgun and the 2 minute offense and let him go to work. Bortles blew up and UCF was #9 and beat two top ten teams, only losing to #4 South Carolina 25-28 while going 13-1.

The point is, YOU play to people's strengths. Andy Reid won't have Alex Smith throwing 70 yard bombs all game. He will dink and dunk you to death.

What does Gus Bradley/Olson do? They runs on every first down and put Blake in 3rd and long situations. The Jags have a terrible staff. Most scouts think it's a joke they still have a job. Bortles should be let loose the way Drew Brees is.

The Jags made a mistake by hiring Gus Bradley over Jay Gruden. Gruden would have lit this offense on fire.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All the leadership and killer instinct isn't gonna do jack with that long baseball windup-hitch-pause-throw- release- wobbly duck. Then he cant read. Read defenses.

Quote:All the leadership and killer instinct isn't gonna do jack with that long baseball windup-hitch-pause-throw- release- wobbly duck. Then he cant read. Read defenses.

Exactly. 

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 06:46 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Why not scared of the radiers.   

1.Ivory is still coming back from groin injury. (Remember when thomas had groin injury?)  Everyone wrote him off and said he stunk.

2. Irving is older and Jack is faster. 

3. People refuse to acknowledge our o line needs time to gel cause many of them new.  And will play significantly better against the raiders.

4. Colvin was out first four games. We went 1-3 in that span? Why?  60% of the time we play nickle defense. And he is our best Nickle corner.

5. Watch when Blake starts seeing our plays not working and him moving in the fast pace offense.  Which great qbs do.

6. We have the fastest lbs core in the league.  And two DE that are looking for a game to make a statement. And this may be the one Yannick and Fowler bring the pressure and the pain. 

7. Ramsey should be able to shut down Cooper and Prince should be able to handle Crabtree.  Which if Cooper is shut down. Crabtree is known to choke. Just like he did on his previous team.  

Jags shock the world 31-17 at home. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:So not only are you completely uneducated to the point where you result to childish antics in bringing up someones avatar to say their education level, gotcha on one count of foolishness right there. 

2) You literally had to go into space to try and "school" me on why drafting Manning over Leaf was a better decision when in reality I was an SEC kid watching UF vs UT the entire time Manning was there and wouldn't have thought twice about taking Manning over Leaf myself (Who's uneducated and has no NFL scouts in the family mind you)? I won't respond to you again, I see why nobody likes you here and I'll join them. Have a good day tomorrow in school you'll get out of it soon! Smile

Ok kid. Sorry I had to educate you and tell you the truth. I'm 33 years old and a part owner of a multi million dollar independent insurance agency in Brevard County. Again, I didn't mean to embarrass you. It's just funny when message board kids think they know so much.

Quote:Ok kid. Sorry I had to educate you and tell you the truth. I'm 33 years old and a part owner of a multi million dollar independent insurance agency in Brevard County. Again, I didn't mean to embarrass you. It's just funny when message board kids think they know so much.

Crap, rusty on here trying to block people but even I know when people brag about stuff they're apart of, it's simply not true... so you'll have to excuse my lack of caring about the multi million dollar school you go to, I think we all went to a multi million dollar high school, enjoy the pledge of allegiance tomorrow and I think Duval gets out what at 2:15ish? Idk I haven't been in awhile and my son doesn't go for several years so you'll have to excuse my ignorance on the end of the day. Toodles! 

Quote:All the leadership and killer instinct isn't gonna do jack with that long baseball windup-hitch-pause-throw- release- wobbly duck. Then he cant read. Read defenses.
See, this guy right here proving my point such a hater. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 06:51 PM by spacecoastjag.)

This is why you aren't a scout.

You know who also threw a wobbly ball all of the time? Peyton Manning.

Did you know Peyton's 3.6 INT% rate is higher than Blake's 3.3 INT% rate through his first 3 years?!

Peyton threw 58 INTs. Blake has 42.

Peyton's 4th year? Threw 23 INTs.

You people don't realize Bortles is 24 years old and he's the best QB the Jags have ever had and probably will ever have in the next 30 years. This fan base is a joke.

Cant even through a simple quick slant like the master of the slant passes, David Garrard, because his throwing motion is slow and jacked up. His footwork is terrible. His accuracy and ball placement is terrible. Ar15 has to bail him out using his 40+inch vertical acrobatic catches, then when hurns tries to bail him, he gets lit up.

Quote:Cant even through a simple quick slant like the master of the slant passes, David Garrard, because his throwing motion is slow and jacked up. His footwork is terrible. His accuracy and ball placement is terrible. Ar15 has to bail him out using his 40+inch vertical acrobatic catches, then when hurns tries to bail him, he gets lit up.

Maybe the fact that AR-15 hasn't been making any acrobatic catches this year has made him look worse? 

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2016, 07:03 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Peyton Manning threw 100 INTs his first 5 years. That's 20 INTs a year for the ear phone avatar guy. Bortles is 24 years old and has his team trending in the right direction and this board is FULL of haters.

And Manning HAD a running game and Edgerrin James.

Quote:Not by much?  9 TDs and 14INTs is definitely something.

It's not a Land Slide or anything, but it's more than a smidge.

Also, I don't think you can really put it all on the O-Line/Run Game.  I'm a Bortles fan, but you have to admit... a significant number of his Interceptions were due to very poor decisions.

And even if you don't admit it.  He has.
Yes you can.  We have no running game...zero..zilch...nada.  The Raiders  have twice as many yards on the ground.  It will be game 7 or 8 before we have as many rushing yards as them.  Defenses don't play the run against us because their front 4 dominate our 5.  Blake's throwing against 7 defenders every time he passes the ball.

Quote:Maybe the fact that AR-15 hasn't been making any acrobatic catches this year has made him look worse?

What's YOUR solution ear phones guy? Draft Dakota Watson, a wildcat QB who should play slot WR like Terrelle Pryor? Trade for your boy Kaepernick?

You aren't finding a better QB than Bortles for Jacksonville and the Jags know it. The Jags need real coaches to develop him. Bortles will be elite. I'm just hoping for inept fans like you who wanted Manziel, Blake resigns here and doesn't go to a major market.

I would like him to be the hometown kid and take the Jags to places they have never been.

Quote:Maybe the fact that AR-15 hasn't been making any acrobatic catches this year has made him look worse?

Oh one more thing.....

I know personally Bill O'Brien who worked under George O'Leary at Georgia Tech and the two are friends has told GOL that he wishes they took Bortles over Clowney. I know this personally.

I probably shouldn't have told you that much info but I also know an ex Texan strength coach who says Clowney has the worst work ethic of any player he's ever seen in 30 years.

The enjoyment is high in this thread.

Quote:What's YOUR solution ear phones guy? Draft Dakota Watson, a wildcat QB who should play slot WR like Terrelle Pryor? Trade for your boy Kaepernick?

You aren't finding a better QB than Bortles for Jacksonville and the Jags know it. The Jags need real coaches to develop him. Bortles will be elite. I'm just hoping for inept fans like you who wanted Manziel, Blake resigns here and doesn't go to a major market.

I would like him to be the hometown kid and take the Jags to places they have never been.
If you honestly think Deshaun (not Dakota) Watson is a wildcat QB, then you know nothing about football.

Take some of those millions and actually watch the kid play.

Quote:If you honestly think Deshaun (not Dakota) Watson is a wildcat QB, then you know nothing about football.

Take some of those millions and actually watch the kid play.

I have. He's Geno Smith 2.0. Not impressed.

Quote:I have. He's Geno Smith 2.0. Not impressed.
And so Geno Smith is a wildcat QB? They're both nothing like Pryor.

There is some photos out there showing Blakes throwing motion. Its horrible and has gotten worse since the preseason. Just dont understand why the media never brings it up.

Quote:There is some photos out there showing Blakes throwing motion. Its horrible and has gotten worse since the preseason. Just dont understand why the media never brings it up.

It because they already have enough negative stuff to say about Bortles than to bring up that as well.
[Image: giphy.gif]