Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Better without Fournette?

Welp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sit him until after the bye week, try it again then.

I'd say this while thread is building on a misconception, that Fournette is as good as a player taken 4th overall should be, but he isn't.

The problem with Fournette is he's a good player but not great but when he's available the team has played as if he were capable of carrying the team, but he's not. With better play calling when he's available I think the team will be plenty good with him in the game, it's just mostly that the coaches need to let go of the idea that he's an overpowering talent. He just isn't one.

Should he just be put on IR at this point? Let him heal up the rest of the season. We can win without him.

(09-30-2018, 07:01 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Should he just be put on IR at this point? Let him heal up the rest of the season. We can win without him.
Yeldon has been the better back this year. He’s been a better runner and he’s much better on 3rd Downs. He was the only offense we had against the titans.

It’s time Fournette sits for a while and Yeldon takes over.

(09-30-2018, 06:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Sit him until after the bye week, try it again then.

Agreed.

(09-30-2018, 07:01 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Should he just be put on IR at this point? Let him heal up the rest of the season. We can win without him.

No reason to put him on IR. He could be invaluable later on in the season and in the playoffs.

Didn’t Yeldon have 58 yards on 18 carries? That’s a better back than Leo?

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 08:23 PM by Eric1.)

(09-30-2018, 08:16 PM)JNev Wrote: Didn’t Yeldon have 58 yards on 18 carries? That’s a better back than Leo?

Better than the 30 yards on 11 carries that Fournette had before he left the game...

Yeldon also had a rushing TD, as well as 3 catches for 48 yards and a receiving TD

(09-30-2018, 08:16 PM)JNev Wrote: Didn’t Yeldon have 58 yards on 18 carries? That’s a better back than Leo?
So Fournette has been better than Yeldon?

Yeldon is running well and he actually runs well out of the shotgun which is the formation Blake likes the most. Fournette just runs straight and hard right into the pile.

Fournette also isn’t reliable at this moment.

(09-30-2018, 06:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'd say this while thread is building on a misconception, that Fournette is as good as a player taken 4th overall should be, but he isn't.

The problem with Fournette is he's a good player but not great but when he's available the team has played as if he were capable of carrying the team, but he's not. With better play calling when he's available I think the team will be plenty good with him in the game, it's just mostly that the coaches need to let go of the idea that he's an overpowering talent. He just isn't one.

Yep.  After the first few games as a Jags, this is how I've felt.  He is more of a complimentary weapon.  Not someone you design your offense around.  Early in the game, we should rotate snaps between him, Yeldon, and Grant.  But use Fournette more later in the game when we have a lead and the defense is tired.  He is built to wear down an already tired defense and chew up yards and the clock.

Wasted 4th pick. Should have taken Adams

(09-30-2018, 08:33 PM)rocdee Wrote: Wasted 4th pick. Should have taken Adams
Adams sucked today.

If anything, should have drafted Mahomes and the Kamara later.

A couple 3rd and shorts I believe Fournette would have converted.

Oh well, as long as we win I don't care who is out there.

(09-30-2018, 08:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
So Fournette has been better than Yeldon?

Yeldon is running well and he actually runs well out of the shotgun which is the formation Blake likes the most. Fournette just runs straight and hard right into the pile.

Fournette also isn’t reliable at this moment.
Is this a serous question? Obviously Fournette has been wayyyy better than Yeldon who I seem to remember has a knack for fumbling at bad times like today back when he was out starter as well. I just can't believe people can't just see it with the "eye test". Imo it's extremely obvious how much better Fournette is just watching the game.

U guys get roped into ypc wayyy too much. Have u not realized how many change of pace backs have high ypc when they only get 5-10 carries a game after a defense is used to the starters run style and worn out already? Only for that spell back to then finally start and never avg anywhere near what they did as a backup in ypc? Have u guys really never figured out how much of a thing that is in the nfl? It happens over and over and over again literally every year there's multiple cases of it by spell backs that will NEVER EVER be a good starter/full timer. 

Yeldon has NOWHERE near the speed, burst, power and athleticism Fournette possesses when healthy. Like, it's not even close - at all. And ya ya ya but he's not healthy blah blah blah... Everybody forget "Fragile Fred" who undoubtedly was the best RB in jags history thus far? Yeah, he struggled with injuries at first too but look what happened once his fortunes changed and he stayed healthy. If Fournette can get and stay healthy for a while watchout .. You're gonna see what happens. And yes, I'll be right back here saying "I TOLD YOU SO!" Haha! 

Anyways the verdict is still out whether LF pans out to be worth where he was picked but he's well on his way the games he played when fully healthy. It really sucks he's having nagging injuries and hammy can be one of the most nagging there is. We should all hope for him to get past this ASAP.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 12:40 AM by haveaseat.)

You are all stupid if you disagree with the Fournette pick and every single person in the Jags building would say the same thing. Fournette is running into 9 man boxes. When Grant or Yeldon are on the field the secondary plays off. Fournette is that respected among other teams that he is our greatest weapon. Just because you're too stupid to understand it doesn't negate the fact he is the premier back he is.

Alvin Kamara has a loaded offense and Drew Brees to work behind. Imagine Fournette behind that. Seriously.

(09-30-2018, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Yeldon has been the better back this year. He’s been a better runner and he’s much better on 3rd Downs. He was the only offense we had against the titans.

OMG mega face-palm.... I didn't even see this before my last reply. This statement is unreal. We win the Titans game if Fournette played at 100 percent. I just don't get how u guys can't see his value. It's genuinely mind blowing to me. And yes LF would've scored those same TDs Yeldon did and maybe more. Defenses wear out and ypc typically goes way up 4th q to bring the average up alot and that's ebbe more true with a bruiser like LF. So much face-palm in this.

I'm in awe rn.

(10-01-2018, 12:41 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yeldon has been the better back this year. He’s been a better runner and he’s much better on 3rd Downs. He was the only offense we had against the titans.

OMG mega face-palm.... I didn't even see this before my last reply. This statement is unreal. We win the Titans game if Fournette played at 100 percent. I just don't get how u guys can't see his value. It's genuinely mind blowing to me. And yes LF would've scored those same TDs Yeldon did and maybe more. Defenses wear out and ypc typically goes way up 4th q to bring the average up alot and that's ebbe more true with a bruiser like LF. So much face-palm in this.

I'm in awe rn.

Dont even worry about it. The amount of stupid in this thread would make the Pope swear.

Fournette is great. Top 5 back even. But he doesn't do us any good when he cant stay on the field. And I'm starting to believe hes going to always have something going on with him. Hope he gets better soon. We will definitely need him for our superbowl run.

(10-01-2018, 12:43 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:41 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: OMG mega face-palm.... I didn't even see this before my last reply. This statement is unreal. We win the Titans game if Fournette played at 100 percent. I just don't get how u guys can't see his value. It's genuinely mind blowing to me. And yes LF would've scored those same TDs Yeldon did and maybe more. Defenses wear out and ypc typically goes way up 4th q to bring the average up alot and that's ebbe more true with a bruiser like LF. So much face-palm in this.

I'm in awe rn.

Dont even worry about it. The amount of stupid in this thread would make the Pope swear.

Seriously. I like that these guys think they know more than nfl coaches, talent scouts, GMs and superbowl winning Executives ???. There's a reason LF leads the league in Stacked boxes by over ten percentage points (47 percent of his runs to be exact next closest is Gurley at 30 something percent). HINT - IT'S BECAUSE EVERY NFL COACH KNOWS WHAT HE'LL DO WITHOUT THAT