Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Romo on the Call Yesterday

He did a great job as usual. Gave great insight for the performance Blake had yesterday and was detailed about his decision making. Also predicted several plays correctly down on the goal line which he always does. Its pretty impressive... He was very complimentary of our entire coaching staff, especially Wash and Hackett. Said that Wash is the next great head coach in this league, and also said Hackett's game plan was perfect. He is very enjoyable to have on a broadcast in my opinion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dude is annoying

(09-17-2018, 09:15 AM)rocdee Wrote: Dude is annoying

Please expand on that.  I liked the broadcast and felt like it was balanced.  He had even keeled analysis to present and wasn't "rooting" or "cheering" for an outcome.  Last week's game was like a Giants local broadcast
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

When he was first hired I expected just another former player spouting the usual garbage, but I have been very impressed with Romo.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-17-2018, 09:20 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:

Please expand on that.  I liked the broadcast and felt like it was balanced.  He had even keeled analysis to present and wasn't "rooting" or "cheering" for an outcome.  Last week's game was like a Giants local broadcast

Yeah I don't get that. I like Romo's calls. The guy likes good football and gives some great insight
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-17-2018, 09:20 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:

yeah last week was awful because it was Ronde Barber, and his brother Tiki (ex-Giant) on the sidelines.

But Romo and his exaggerated expressions are so annoying. The 'ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh ouch right thereeeeeee. ooooooooooohhhhhh ahhhhhh.'

(09-17-2018, 09:23 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:20 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Please expand on that.  I liked the broadcast and felt like it was balanced.  He had even keeled analysis to present and wasn't "rooting" or "cheering" for an outcome.  Last week's game was like a Giants local broadcast

yeah last week was awful because it was Ronde Barber, and his brother Tiki (ex-Giant) on the sidelines.

But Romo and his exaggerated expressions are so annoying. The 'ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh ouch right thereeeeeee. ooooooooooohhhhhh ahhhhhh.'

Well just wait until our night game against Pittsburgh where we get Cris "now here's a guy" Colinsworth
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

He's starting to become my favorite commentator. He's not biased at all. He sees the game a lot differently and he speaks to it with a lot of energy and excitement.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Romo quickly became my favourite announcer last year. He has that rare mix of being entertaining and likeable while offering truly insightful commentary on what's happening.

I like the way Romo calls the game, very pleasing to listen to. Some of the other announcers are annoying or bias against the Jags

I can take him or leave him. Hes knowledgeable sure, but annoying as well. At the end of the half and he kept saying "timeout, timeout!" He acts like hes on the field or a complete know it all. You dont know what theyre thinking or planning on doing romo. Guy had 1 playoff win. Hes not the smartest qb lol. But yea hes not the worst

Tony Romo is amazing. I love his broadcasting.....definitely one of my favorites now.

With such insightful feedback like this, I'm guessing you could do better?

Romo has been terrific in the booth.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

My favourite. Im impressed by the way he can call the play before it happens.
And he has always something good to say about our team/coaches/management.

It was refreshing to hear a game called that wasn't all about the opponent.
I liked the broadcast.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-17-2018, 09:23 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:20 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Please expand on that.  I liked the broadcast and felt like it was balanced.  He had even keeled analysis to present and wasn't "rooting" or "cheering" for an outcome.  Last week's game was like a Giants local broadcast

Fair enough and thanks for the additional details.  I can understand that being annoying.

I was watching Red Zone waiting for the game and every time I hear James Lofton on Color, I like him as well.  He isn't a sugar coat it guy.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-17-2018, 10:58 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:23 AM)rocdee Wrote: yeah last week was awful because it was Ronde Barber, and his brother Tiki (ex-Giant) on the sidelines.

Fair enough and thanks for the additional details.  I can understand that being annoying.

I was watching Red Zone waiting for the game and every time I hear James Lofton on Color, I like him as well.  He isn't a sugar coat it guy.

I'm nit-pitcking though lol. He's better than most of the others, that i'll agree with.

Romo is very good. But the only problem i have with him is they way he states somthing as fact even though it is completely wrong. he does not do his homework and does not know everything even though he acts like it. Granted he has not called alot of jags games but at least know the facts. exp. he said marone brought in a great OC and DC, Well they were already here he did not bring them in, he kept them in place. Things like that irritate me.

Tony Romo sounds kinda baked when he speaks.

I’m digging the mellow vibe.

He's the best in my opinion. I also love Chris Collinsworth. The second best part about Gruden coaching again, after tmhim being horrible and the raiders sucking, is that I do t have to hear him announce a game ever again. I thought he was unbearable.