Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Romo on the Call Yesterday

He talks too much sometimes, but he also doesn’t get bogged down too much with technical terms and clearly loves the game

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Romo is awesome.

That's all.

The only commentator I like more than Romo is Andrew Catalon

He's definitely my favorite. Great insight, great awareness of what's happening and his love for the game really comes through.

when he correctly predicts plays, it makes me think if football is really really simple and predictable on a professional level.

(09-17-2018, 09:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He's starting to become my favorite commentator. He's not biased at all. He sees the game a lot differently and he speaks to it with a lot of energy and excitement.

^ I'm with you.

Romo is much better than the other ex-QB's to call a game IMO (Aikman is pretty good, but not as enjoyable as Romo). 

Romo talks about a lot of little details/nuances of the game, almost like he's in the huddle and sideline actually playing the game. 

The way he anticipates playcalling in certain situations is really cool. Most times, he's spot on. 

I didn't think I'd like him at all when he first retired and they announced he'd be calling the games.

I was dead wrong. He's really, really good.

(09-17-2018, 01:27 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:26 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He's starting to become my favorite commentator. He's not biased at all. He sees the game a lot differently and he speaks to it with a lot of energy and excitement.

^ I'm with you.

Romo is much better than the other ex-QB's to call a game IMO (Aikman is pretty good, but not as enjoyable as Romo). 

Romo talks about a lot of little details/nuances of the game, almost like he's in the huddle and sideline actually playing the game. 

The way he anticipates playcalling in certain situations is really cool. Most times, he's spot on. 

I didn't think I'd like him at all when he first retired and they announced he'd be calling the games.

I was dead wrong. He's really, really good.

Speaking of other ex-QBs, I just want to take this moment to tell Boomer to kiss our collective [BLEEP] after his eye rolling our superstar QB in the pre-game show yesterday. Between that and saying Ramsey should shut up he really came out looking the fool.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Romo announces games like he’s not just a retired dude collecting a check. He loves the game and seems like he enjoys being there as much as he did as a QB. I’d say his only flaw (I like it but I understand how it could run some people the wrong way) but he gets too into the game sometimes and I think he forgets he’s on TV. Like I said, I personally love it but others don’t. Here’s hoping we get more prime time games..just please no Beth Mowins
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(09-17-2018, 02:55 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Romo announces games like he’s not just a retired dude collecting a check. He loves the game and seems like he enjoys being there as much as he did as a QB. I’d say his only flaw (I like it but I understand how it could run some people the wrong way) but he gets too into the game sometimes and I think he forgets he’s on TV. Like I said, I personally love it but others don’t. Here’s hoping we get more prime time games..just please no Beth Mowins

[Image: 56068541.jpg]

Love the Romo! Very insightful a pleasure to listen to.

Also..I like Chris Collingsworth too. He’s just likeable IMO.

I don't know why he gets the hate. Dude does a great job. I think he is very insightful, and I feel like he loves the games. I bet the Cowboys are wishing they hadn't run him off.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I love Romo announcing the games. He gets pretty fired up about stupid things but even then he's awesome

Honestly the way he commentates he would be better off coaching. He undermines every play and that can be annoying. Would you rather listen to Steven Beurlein? Phil Simms? Spero Dedes? Beth Mowins? Could be a lot worse.
No pain, no gain.

He's my kind of goofy, I enjoy his commentary/coverage of games but he does bring out the occasional cringe(who doesn't) but hes probably the best announcer for the NFL. COllinsowrth is probably the most redundant and annoying. "Now, here's a guy" and I roll my eyes every time.

(09-17-2018, 05:29 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Honestly the way he commentates he would be better off coaching. He undermines every play and that can be annoying. Would you rather listen to Steven Beurlein? Phil Simms? Spero Dedes? Beth Mowins? Could be a lot worse.

OMG....NO!.....Just No!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-17-2018, 09:20 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:15 AM)rocdee Wrote: Dude is annoying

Last week's game was like a Giants local broadcast

That's because it was tiki barber so it practically was.

If NE was the one doing the stomping, romo woulda been hanging on brady's jock.

Romo is great. Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels are a good match too.

(09-17-2018, 09:25 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 09:23 AM)rocdee Wrote: yeah last week was awful because it was Ronde Barber, and his brother Tiki (ex-Giant) on the sidelines.

But Romo and his exaggerated expressions are so annoying. The 'ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh ouch right thereeeeeee. ooooooooooohhhhhh ahhhhhh.'

Well just wait until our night game against Pittsburgh where we get Cris "now here's a guy" Colinsworth

LOL

I laughed harder at this then I probably should have, but man is it spot on about Colinsworth.

Romo is light years better than Collinsworth.
I like his commentary and insights.

(09-17-2018, 06:30 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Romo is great. Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels are a good match too.

For me Al Michaels makes Cris Collimsworth bearable.