Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would you give up for Antonio Brown??

Not that i think we need another receiver. The thought of Dez or Josh Gorden  coming her made me sick. I think Cole and Dede with Chalk learning is a great WR group. But seeing as it is the 1 WR who is considered the best in the league, What would you give up for trade. I would give them moncrief and a 2nd next year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...on-monday/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Considering the contract AB has... they'd have to be willing to take Moncrief and Lee and then we could also give them a first and a 4th or something like that.

From the sound of it he has put his pettiness above his team by not showing up a the facility. Maybe he had legit reasons. If so they are not yet reported. Cannot deny his skills though. I have to hear more before I consider what I would be willing to give. If he is quitting on his team? Nothing would be my answer.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Based on the Dilfer link in another thread and the chemistry in the locker room, they should move forward with what they have and grow the group out. Blake doesn't need the head ache of a me first guy that will pick apart every throw. The fans do that (self included) enough.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-18-2018, 12:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Based on the Dilfer link in another thread and the chemistry in the locker room, they should move forward with what they have and grow the group out.  Blake doesn't need the head ache of a me first guy that will pick apart every throw.  The fans do that (self included) enough.
If they're imploding, I'll take Villanueva for a 5th please.

I'd trade them Fowler and a 3rd round pick. They desperately need defense and Fowler will be gone by the end of the season anyway.

Not all that interested actually. Help at LT would be the priority.

AB is an amazing talent, just probably not worth the expense to this team in it’s current cap situation.

Nothing, because I don't know who Antoni Brown is.

Now Antonio Brown, I wouldn't want either. Why would you want to add an enormous salary to this team when we already have looming cap problems?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 04:43 PM by JagsorDie.)

I wouldn't give up what they would inevitably be asking.

He isn't leaving Arm Pitt so it doesn't matter.

(09-18-2018, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 12:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Based on the Dilfer link in another thread and the chemistry in the locker room, they should move forward with what they have and grow the group out.  Blake doesn't need the head ache of a me first guy that will pick apart every throw.  The fans do that (self included) enough.
If they're imploding, I'll take Villanueva for a 5th please.
This all day. I mentioned it in the Cam Rob thread yesterday. This is something to keep an eye on, and Villanueva contract is not bad either.

The more the Jags win....the more attractive we become
for other teams' key players
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 07:16 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Antonio Brown is one of the greatest receivers of all time. With that said, I'm not interested. There are 3 reasons......

1. He's not going anywhere. He says he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He has a really good, strong armed QB and gets a volume of passes thrown his way. He also forms one of the most dangerous WR duos in the NFL with Smith-Schuster Why would he wanna leave?

2. He has a huge cap number. We cannot afford that. We'd have to start getting rid of high salaried players, now. No thanks.

3. I really like what we have in Cole and Westbrook and despite a bad game, I have faith that Chark can be a very good NFL receiver, so there is really no need for Brown. I'd rather have 3 good, young, cheap receivers rather than one great one with age and a huge cap number.

(09-18-2018, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd trade them Fowler and a 3rd round pick.  They desperately need defense and Fowler will be gone by the end of the season anyway.

See, the story all day in the media has been the Steelers' bickering of Brown, Fichtner and Bell.

The real story is the complete collapse of the Steelers' defense.

Last three games:

Jaguars scored 45 points
Cleveland scored 21
Chiefs scored 42

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-18-2018, 07:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 01:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'd trade them Fowler and a 3rd round pick.  They desperately need defense and Fowler will be gone by the end of the season anyway.

See, the story all day in the media has been the Steelers' bickering of Brown, Fichtner and Bell.

The real story is the complete collapse of the Steelers' defense.

Last three games:

Jaguars scored 45 points
Cleveland scored 21
Chiefs scored 42

That defense was weak before the draft, particularly the secondary. Then they use their first round pick to reach for Safety Terrell Edmunds, when most people had him as a 3rd round talent and they totally ignored the CB position. They signed Morgan Burnett, who washed out of Green Bay and kept Sean Davis, who was absolutely "torched" last year at the Safety positions. Joe Haden mans one of the CB spots and he lacks the speed and athleticism to cover bigger, faster receivers. At the other starting position, they have Artie Burns, who couldn't cover my dead grandma. When Edmunds does see the field, he has been caught out of position numerous times. That secondary is a dumpster fire.

The Steelers are imploding right before our eyes.  As far as giving anything for AB?  I would have to pass on that.  He's got 2 or 3 good years left in him at best before the downhill slide starts (refer to Dez Bryant).  Combine that with his salary demands and the fact that we are a "run oriented" team, I'll pass.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-18-2018, 07:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Antonio Brown is one of the greatest receivers of all time. With that said, I'm not interested. There are 3 reasons......

1. He's not going anywhere. He says he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He has a really good, strong armed QB and gets a volume of passes thrown his way. He also forms one of the most dangerous WR duos in the NFL with Smith-Schuster  Why would he wanna leave?

2. He has a huge cap number. We cannot afford that. We'd have to start getting rid of high salaried players, now. No thanks.

3. I really like what we have in Cole and Westbrook and despite a bad game, I have faith that Chark can be a very good NFL receiver, so there is really no need for Brown. I'd rather have 3 good, young, cheap receivers rather than one great one with age and a huge cap number.

I agree with #1. He's not leaving Pittsburgh so the question is academic. Even if they were anxious to get rid of arguably the top receiver in the NFL, I read that they would have to take a huge cap hit in 2019 if they traded him.

As far as reason #2, how much of his cap number is salary, and how much is due to his signing bonus that would stay on Pitt's cap? Trading Moncrief as part of the deal would ameliorate some of the cap hit (and maybe all of it).

For #3, I agree that Cole and Westbrook are decent starters. Cole appears to be on track to be a solid #1 receiver. 

I've been disappointed in Chark. Until he shows (in practice) that he can get open and avoid the drops, he needs to just stick to ST. Maybe the Jags should play Mickens at WR in the meantime, he was a pretty good #3 receiver in limited duty last season.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-18-2018, 10:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 07:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Antonio Brown is one of the greatest receivers of all time. With that said, I'm not interested. There are 3 reasons......

1. He's not going anywhere. He says he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He has a really good, strong armed QB and gets a volume of passes thrown his way. He also forms one of the most dangerous WR duos in the NFL with Smith-Schuster  Why would he wanna leave?

I agree with #1. He's not leaving Pittsburgh so the question is academic. Even if they were anxious to get rid of arguably the top receiver in the NFL, I read that they would have to take a huge cap hit in 2019 if they traded him.

As far as reason #2, how much of his cap number is salary, and how much is due to his signing bonus that would stay on Pitt's cap? Trading Moncrief as part of the deal would ameliorate some of the cap hit (and maybe all of it).

For #3, I agree that Cole and Westbrook are decent starters. Cole appears to be on track to be a solid #1 receiver. 

I've been disappointed in Chark. Until he shows (in practice) that he can get open and avoid the drops, he needs to just stick to ST. Maybe the Jags should play Mickens at WR in the meantime, he was a pretty good #3 receiver in limited duty last season.

I'm not worried at all. The kid is a rookie and we're only 2 games into the season. Rookies make mistakes at every position. I'd rather him get them out of his system now, rather than down the road.

(09-18-2018, 11:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 10:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I agree with #1. He's not leaving Pittsburgh so the question is academic. Even if they were anxious to get rid of arguably the top receiver in the NFL, I read that they would have to take a huge cap hit in 2019 if they traded him.

I'm not worried at all. The kid is a rookie and we're only 2 games into the season. Rookies make mistakes at every position. I'd rather him get them out of his system now, rather than down the road.

Agreed.
But I'd be OK with them paring back his snaps. With Cole, Westbrook, Moncrief, ASJ, LF, Yeldon, Grant...... there are plenty of targets.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 01:14 PM by Caldrac.)

Nothing. Nothing at all. Starting to notice a trend of high priced receivers playing on teams that have won no titles with them on their roster. Sure, they can be nice to have. But they're not always good for your team. Especially when they're throwing little temper tantrums on the sideline and crying "What about me?!?!?!?" like Raven did during his wrestling career.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Pass. Save your money for the defense. And just stick with living by the committee we have now at the receiver position. The Steelers are 0-1-1 with Brown in the line up and with Bell out of the line up. And we're 2-0 now with Cole, Westbrook and Moncrief. Sounds like a better deal to me in the long run.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-18-2018, 12:55 PM)Kane Wrote: Considering the contract AB has... they'd have to be willing to take Moncrief and Lee and then we could also give them a first and a 4th or something like that.

I take this back.
Don't really want him...

I like the idea of a group of guys at WR more than having an Alpha diva type