Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post your Week 3 NFL Power Ranking

My Week 3 NFL Power Ranking...

1. Rams (2-0)
2. Jaguars (2-0)
3. Vikings (1-0-1)
4. Packers (1-0-1)
5. Chiefs (2-0)
6. Patriots (1-1)
7. Bucs (2-0)
8. Eagles (1-1)
9. Falcons (1-1)
10. Panthers (1-1)
11. Bengals (2-0)
12. Steelers (0-1-1)
13. Saints (1-1)
14. Dolphins (2-0)
15. Broncos (2-0)
16. Chargers (1-1)
17. Ravens (1-1)
18. Bears (1-1)
19. Cowboys (1-1)
20. 49ers (1-1)
21. Jets (1-1)
22. Colts (1-1)
23. Titans (1-1)
24. Browns (0-1-1)
25. Redskins (1-1)
26. Raiders (0-2)
27. Lions (0-2)
28. Texans (0-2)
29. Giants (0-2)
30. Seahawks (0-2)
31. Cards (0-2)
32. Bills (0-2)
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018, 01:59 PM by JagsorDie.)

(09-18-2018, 12:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote: My Week 3 NFL Power Ranking...

1. Rams (2-0)
2. Jaguars (2-0)
3. Vikings (1-0-1)
4. Packers (1-0-1)
5. Chiefs (2-0)
6. Patriots (1-1)
7. Bucs (2-0)
8. Eagles (1-1)
9. Falcons (1-1)
10. Panthers (1-1)
11. Bengals (2-0)
12. Steelers (0-1-1)
13. Saints (1-1)
14. Dolphins (2-0)
15. Broncos (2-0)
16. Chargers (1-1)
17. Ravens (1-1)
18. Bears (1-1)
19. Cowboys (1-1)
20. 49ers (1-1)
21. Jets (1-1)
22. Colts (1-1)
23. Titans (1-1)
24. Browns (0-1-1)
25. Redskins (1-1)
26. Raiders (0-2)
27. Lions (0-2)
28. Texans (0-2)
29. Giants (0-2)
30. Seahawks (0-2)
31. Cards (0-2)
32. Bills (0-2)
1. Rams
2. Jags
3. Chiefs
4. Vikes
5. Packers
6. Bucs
7. Eagles
8. Pats
9. Falcons
10. a. Broncos
     b. Dolphins
     c. Bengals
13. Saints
14. Chargers
15. Steelers
16. cowboys
17. Bears
18. 9ers
19. Jets
20. Everyone else

The only reason I have 10 a/b/c is because it is hard for me rank these guys under that many teams with one loss when they have managed to pull off wins in both games. But since none of them have been especially impressive I don't see a whole lot to separate them.

1. Jags - most talented team in the league
2. Eagles - defending SB champs, WENTZ is back
3. Rams - challenges JAGS as most talented team, but a lot of pieces were put together over the offseason... let's see how they are when they face adversity
4. Packers- AROD is the best in the league, they had the Vikes beat- crap penalty on Clay
5. Pats- Never look good early, still have the GOAT & refs
6. Vikings- Great team, Cousins needs to prove himself worthy
7.Bucs- Finally someone can get the ball to that talent on O, questions on D
8. Chiefs- Reid is a regular season god, but it's still Mahomes first time playing, defenses will adjust and I think their defense is garbage
9. Chargers- Solid team top to bottom, NEED Bosa back- big game this week against RAMS
10. Saints- When Ingram comes back they'll get rolling
11. Everyone else- Good parity in the league

Power rankings right now:

1. Rams- Slight edge over Jags.
2.Jaguars- Offense needs more consistency to replace Rams at top.
3. Chiefs
4. Packers- Aaron Jones will add another weapon to an already explosive offense.
5. Vikings- Solid all around with great defense.
6. Chargers- Rivers at top of his game. Agree that return of Bosa is critical.
7. Patriots- Addition of Gordon scares me. Wish he went anywhere else.
8. Eagles- Return of Wentz will get team going.
9. Falcons
10. Bucs- Certainly the biggest surprise team.Can they keep it up?
11. Saints- Talent is there, but performance last week was not worthy of top 10 ranking.

Of these 11 teams, I believe any of them other than the Bucs have a chance to reach the Super Bowl. Injuries will be the determing factor, as is usually the case. No other teams are talented enough to make deep runs into the playoffs.

This is just going into this week.. still too early to really get a clear picture.

1. Los Angeles Rams - They've beaten 2 0-2 teams but have looked pretty good in doing it. Well-rounded team.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Statement win whether the team calls it that or not. Momentum is a magical thing. Another test this week against a team that gave us fits last year for some reason.
3. Kansas City Chiefs - Looked dominant before almost letting it slip away. But when your QB throws 6 TD's on the road you're to be reckoned with.
4. Minnesota Vikings - Wild game at Lambeau. Still looked like the best team in the NFC North early on. You'd think they'll be able to beat GB if the game was played in Minneapolis.
5. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers with leg brace and all did enough for GB to beat MIN minus a bogus roughing the passer call on Clay Matthews and a made then missed Field Goal to end regulation.
6. New England Patriots - Still the Pats.. they already brought in a potential new go-to on the outside for Brady. Have to question their defense after getting exposed by Bortles all day.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The surprise early team thus far. After beating the defending champs and a team that was one play away from meeting them in the NFC Championship. No one saw a 2-0 start for the Bucs with their early schedule.. another tough one against the Steelers this week.
8. Philadelphia Eagles - Hard to say whether getting Wentz back after he hasn't played in a game yet will help them in the short term. Should be able to win at home against the Colts though.
9. Cincinnati Bengals - It's hard to take the Bengals seriously after another solid start to the year. They have a good core of players on both sides of the ball. Deserving of a top 10 spot thus far.
10. Miami Dolphins - Another surprise 2-0 team. They beat the Titans at home which was okay but after what the Jets did to the Lions last week I don't think many saw the Dolphins going to New York and beating the Jets. Deserving of a top 10 spot at this time.
11. Atlanta Falcons - Much needed win at home. Still one of the NFC's better teams. A bit banged up though.
12. Denver Broncos - Yeah they're 2-0. But slim victories against the 0-2 Seahawks and 0-2 Raiders.
13. Los Angeles Chargers - I have a feeling they're at worst an 8-8 team. Rivers is still Rivers.
14. New Orleans Saints - One of the elite in the NFC with a rocky start and the only team to have 2 home games to start the year. Lucky to not be 0-2 after struggling mightily with the 0-2 Browns. Another huge test @ATL this week. Big game.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Found their groove but it was too little too late against KC. I think they get back on track at home and bring the Bucs back down to Earth.
16. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens can kind of go either way. I feel like they'll just be a middle of the pack team all year long. I think Jackson will become the starter before the end of the season.
17. New York Jets - The rookie looked like a rookie. Short turnaround visiting the Browns on Thursday Night and then @JAX the following week. I would guess they lose both of these games.
18. San Francisco 49ers - Escaped Detroit at home. Have to go to Kansas City this week. Garroppolo doesn't look as good as the latter part of 2017.
19. Carolina Panthers - Beat Dallas at home by 8. Lost in Atlanta by 7. Will be without go-to TE Greg Olsen for at least a month.
20. Chicago Bears - Mack trade already paying dividends. Could be very different if they hadn't lost that big lead to GB last week.
21. Indianapolis Colts - Impressive win at Washington. Not sure anyone saw that coming. Luck looks okay when protected.
22. Tennessee Titans - I'm not sure what to make of this. Their dominant run game hasn't shown up this year. Won a slop fest against Houston. Should get a better assessment this week @JAX.
23. Dallas Cowboys - The defense looks legitimate. Offense looks too lethargic most of the time. Teams are loading the box against Zeke and getting away with it.
24. Washington Redskins - Not sure how they only managed 9 points at home against the Colts with guys like Reed, Doctson, Alex Smith. AP looks okay but turnovers and lack of physicality. Defense doesn't get off the field.
25. Seattle Seahawks - I think the window has officially been closed and locked on this franchise for now. Wilson can't do it all himself.
26. Houston Texans - Watson and Watt were supposed to be the catalyst this team was going to use to win the AFC South according to most.
27. Cleveland Browns - Could easily be sitting at 2-0 right now but don't get out of their own way still. I think they win their first game in almost 2 calendar years finally Thurs. Night.
28. Detroit Lions - Still no excuse to get blown out 48-17 in home opener against a rookie QB on MNF.
29. New York Giants - Manning looks helpless. You'd think with a top WR and a stud rookie RB they'd be able to put up more than 3 points before garbage time. Really struggling to protect the QB and open any holes for the RB. Average defense looks better than their offense.
30. Oakland Raiders - Derek Carr played a great game. In a QB driven league shouldn't that equate to a win? Nope, they didn't finish.
31. Arizona Cardinals - Not much to say here except they've been outscored 58-6 in their first 2 games. The Rams are pretty good but their -52 net points is only better than the worst team in the rankings.
32. Buffalo Bills - You know things are bad when a starter retires during a home regular season game at Halftime...
No pain, no gain.

1. Jags
Huh

Been saying it since week 1
1. Jags

32. Everyone else

(09-18-2018, 12:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote: My Week 3 NFL Power Ranking...

2. Jaguars (2-0)
3. Vikings (1-0-1)
4. Packers (1-0-1)
-
6. Patriots (1-1)
-
-
23. Titans (1-1)
-
-
32. Bills (0-2)

Whew, what a difference one week makes in the NFL. 
Boy, 4 of the top 6 teams really looked bad huh?

- The #2 Jaguars held to 6 points by the #23 Titans?
- The #3 Vikings getting whooped at home by the #32 Bills?
- The #4 Packers getting beat bt the lowly Redskins?
- The #6 Patriots? LOL. Man, they STINK!!

Patriots are 1-2 with their only victory at home in a close game against the AWFUL Tinhorns!
They have been whooped by Detroit and a Jags team that could only muster 6 points at home against the tacks.  

Week 4 power rankings are going to be difficult indeed. Are the division leading tacks going to be ahead of Jax now?  Eewww,, that's awful to say. 

What about Buffalo? Patriots? 
Geez, what a mess

I think the Redskins are a team people are sleeping on. I think have have a shot at the division.

(09-24-2018, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Redskins are a team people are sleeping on.  I think have have a shot at the division.

You may be right. 

Dallas and NY don't look good at all. In Washington's victories, Peterson has looked pretty darn good, and Alex Smith has shown he's very capable of playing well over the years.

(09-25-2018, 09:47 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Redskins are a team people are sleeping on.  I think have have a shot at the division.

You may be right. 

Dallas and NY don't look good at all. In Washington's victories, Peterson has looked pretty darn good, and Alex Smith has shown he's very capable of playing well over the years.

I like that dline with Allen and Payne too along with a health Reed and the addition Richardson