Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 3

To me, last week was an exhibition of scrappiness for the AFC South teams.  Indy went to Washington and put on a surprisingly strong showing defensively, holding the skins to nine (9) points in their win.  In an even scrappier performance, the depleted tacks, missing both starting tackles, their second team RT, their TE and starting QB, managed to cobble together a win over the division rival tinhorns.  but saving the best for last, my beloved first place and defending divisional champion Jaguars got a revenge that was eight months in the making, finally vanquishing the defending AFC champion Patriots 31-20 in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicated.  Even though it's a new week, I expect some equally hard fought games.  From a prognostication perspective, I went 1-2 last week, bringing my overall record to 3-4.  I missed on the Colts and tacks.  But as I said last week, I will gladly take those results if I was right on the Jaguars beating the Patriots.  Fortunately, the season is young and there is time for me to turn things around.

On to the picks....

N.Y Giants (0-2) at Texans (0-2)-this game features two teams I have been wrong about so far.  I figured the new coach and the additions of Solder and Hernandez would solidify at least half of the Giants OL.  So far, it hasn't.  They still haven't blocked well enough to enable rookie RB Saquon Barkley to really have much room, save his incredible week one run against us.  They also showed vulnerability in pass protection, as Dallas sacked Eli Manning six (6) times.  As for the tinhorns, I figured with Watt, Mercilus and Clowney being healthy, they would be able to show an invigorated pass rush against depleted Patriots and tacks offensive lines.  Not so much.  I also figured Watson would return and really elevate the offense.  Again, not so much.  One of these things I've thought about these teams have to manifest at some point...right?  Interesting note:  The Texans have lost 11 out of their last 12 games.  If they continue to sputter, will O'Brien chair start getting warm?  tinhorns win 23-14.

Colts (1-1) at Eagles (1-1)-in another battle of a new coach (Reich) vs. an established coach (Pederson), the Colts travel to the Linc to take on the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles, who welcome back QB Carson Wentz, who missed last year's playoff run and the first two games of this season with a torn ACL.  The Colts' OL seems to be coming together pretty well.  Luck has only been sacked three times so far.  So far, the Colts' defense has been less of a sieve than it has been.  Rookie LB Darius Leonard has been all over the place and was in on 18 combined tackles last week.  But I don't think they can win in Philly.  I don't think they have the array of offensive weapons and pose as many matchup problems for the Eagles as the Bucs did last week.  I still don't trust their tackles to hold up against the Eagles' pass rush.  I think Wentz' return in front of the Philly home crowd fires up the Eagles.  Eagles 27-Colts 17.

tacks (1-1) at Jaguars (2-0)-This week's marquee game features the loathsome and detestable tacks traveling to Tiaa Bank field to take on the defending AFC South champion and undefeated Jaguars, fresh off a 31-20 win over the Patriots that was cathartic for Jaguars fans and eye opening for national observers.  I expect the tacks to get some players back, notably QB Marcus Mariota and T Taylor Lewan.  However, I still expect them to keep that wildcat wrinkle they utilized against the tinhorns.  Even though the tacks have been another pain in the butt for the Jaguars over the years, at this point, I don't think they can win in Jacksonville.  I think the Jaguars will feel the loss of Cam Robinson for the year, but this is a far more confident Jaguars team than the tacks faced here in week 2 last year.  The Jaguars now know they can move the ball through the air against pretty good defenses.  The Jaguars are better equipped to stop the run than they were in week 2 last year with the addition of DT Marcell Dareus.  This is a Jaguars team that knows how to win now, that wants the spotlight, and thanks to their playoff run last year, knows how to play consistently from week to week to stay in that spotlight.  Jaguars win a typically hard fought game against these stinkin' tacks 24-13.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  3-4

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 06:56 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Last week 1-2
Picking Giants over Texans - I just dont believe in the Texans anymore and I know the G men have a decent defense. Otherwise this seems like a tinhorn game if they played as good as the 'names' that are on thier defense.

Eagles over Colts - the iggles have looked nothing like the reigning champs IMO so far. But they have so much talent I dont think the Colts can compete.

Jags over tacks- The tacks are overdue for a beatdown. I think the jags will deliver one. But I could see a 20-10 slog fest as well. Either way Jags should prevail.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Last week 1-2

Giants
Eagles
Jags
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Giants

Eagles

Jags

Overall record 4-3

Last week: 1-2
Season:     1-2 (33%)

NYG @ Houston (-6)
If I was a Houston fan... well, the first thing I would do is shower but after that I would really start worrying about that performance last week. That was reminiscent of a JDR coached team where you go in with a significant advantage against a team whose back is against the wall and you end up losing. Due to that, I'm willing to bet that BoB upholds the rule of one-up, one-down and Houston comes screaming out of the gate this week and buries NYG at home.

Houston by the average number of toes on a Houston fan's foot (4).

Indianapolis @ Philadelphia (-6)
Philly got caught on the tracks when the Fitzmagic train came rolling through town; that kind of thing will happen to ya early in the season. I do not expect Indianapolis to have the same good fortune. I see this one as being a track meet for Philly to see how fast they can get over 40. Philly's roster is just better than Indianapolis'.

Philadelphia by how many Geno's Cheese Steaks I want. (7)

Tennessee @ Jacksonville (-6.5)
I'm too superstitious right now to even dare to tempt fate. Let's just say that I like Jacksonville's chances in this one. 

Jacksonville by three.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

3-4 overall

Texans
Eagles
Jags
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Season record: 3-4
My picks:
tinhorns
eggles
Jags
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Have to go with the 'horns , iggles and Jaguars
Last week 1-2 (so hard to pic the clots and tacks)
Overall 5-2
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Last week 1-2
Overall 5-2

This week:
tinhorns (cuz someone has to win, and going full homer is going to backfire on me)
iggles (yes the clots beat the skins, Wentz is back and iggles at home)
Jags (get this one and then get the brooms ready, sweeping revenge)

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 09:44 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

I'm going with the road teams this wk...

Giants
Colts
Flaming Thumbtacks!!

Snowwolf, get in here and back me up. You know the tacks scare ya...3-4 overall.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

tinhorns- really just a coin toss at this point. I guess I think the tinhorns suck a little less.
eagles-eagles get back wentz and I honestly don't think the clot d is that strong.
Jags-We come out with a bit of a chip on our shoulder at home looking to skull drag gabbert around duuval for his fairwell tour.

0-3 last week
1-6 overall

Texans over Giants
Eagles over Colts
Jaguars over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

6-1 overall

Giants
Eagles
Jaguars

Giants
Eagles
JAGS

Last week: 1-2
Over all: 4-3
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Don't be a wus, Kane. Full homer for me for at least one more week before I chicken out.
Last week: 2-1
Overall: 6-1

Giants
Eagles
Jags

Last Week 1-2
Overall 5-3

Jags
Eagles
Giants

(09-19-2018, 02:37 PM)rufftime Wrote: Last Week 1-2
Overall 5-3

Jags
Eagles
Giants

There's only been 7 games.    Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 02:54 PM by rufftime.)

Last Week 1-2
Overall 5-2

Jags
Eagles
Giants

Edit: Thanks Rico

3-4 overall

Going with
Giants
Eagles
Jags

YAN WITH A STRIP SACK