Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JagNation Exceeds 100% Stadium Capacity

Just noticed that Jag fans filled the stadium to over 101% capacity for game 1. Only San Francisco, at 102%, did better. Given the 97 degree gametime temperature, that is truly amazing. I haven’t bothered to check when the last time it’s happened, but I suspect it has been quite a while.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like this week will be around 90%. Not so good Jags Nation. Especially since the team is kicking [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

What is your sources?

And you know for this week there will be some procrastinators that buy tickets Sat night or Sunday morn.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

For some reason, the tacks games are never big sellers. You would think since they're division rivals and they managed to beat us last year that it would be doing better. Last I heard there were about 5K seats unsold. Jax tends to have a big walk up crowd so it should get close but will probably be about a couple thousand short of a true sellout.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-20-2018, 08:30 AM)hb1148 Wrote: For some reason, the tacks games are never big sellers. You would think since they're division rivals and they managed to beat us last year that it would be doing better. Last I heard there were about 5K seats unsold. Jax tends to have a big walk up crowd so it should get close but will probably be about a couple thousand short of a true sellout.

I wanted to go, as tickets are as low as 26 dollars (!) but couldn’t round up a group to do so

(09-20-2018, 10:02 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 08:30 AM)hb1148 Wrote: For some reason, the tacks games are never big sellers. You would think since they're division rivals and they managed to beat us last year that it would be doing better. Last I heard there were about 5K seats unsold. Jax tends to have a big walk up crowd so it should get close but will probably be about a couple thousand short of a true sellout.

I wanted to go, as tickets are as low as 26 dollars (!) but couldn’t round up a group to do so

Nothing wrong with going solo...  There will be a big group of people to hang out with once you get there.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 11:55 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-20-2018, 07:17 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: Just noticed that Jag fans filled the stadium to over 101% capacity for game 1. Only San Francisco, at 102%, did better. Given the 97 degree gametime temperature, that is truly amazing. I haven’t bothered to check when the last time it’s happened, but I suspect it has been quite a while.

You do realize that Patriot fans were paying 4x the face value of the tickets to attend, don't you -- they are the ones responsible for creating the major demand.    By the looks of it, we have ~ 7,000 unsold seats for this Titans matchup.  That really is the true picture of our local fanbase (other than the true core of 50,000) --- love to wear Jags gear when they are winning but not willing to invest in buying tickets (but willing to go when there's a handout) ... oh yeah, and the 1st to complain when the London subject comes up.

(09-20-2018, 07:38 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: What is your sources?

And you know for this week there will be some procrastinators that buy tickets Sat night or Sunday morn.

The fact there is approx. 7000 tickets available is my source. 7000 of approx. 70,000 capacity is 10 %. 100% - 10 % = 90 %.

Hopefully about that many procrastinators will make it. I just bought two more for friends coming in.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-20-2018, 07:38 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: What is your sources?

You can actually go to the Ticketmaster link below and click your way though and see all the blue dots which represent unsold tickets.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/jacksonvil...6F0B22BE16

I would go to every game if I lived in Jacksonville. It’s such a great value compared to other NFL stadiums.

(09-20-2018, 11:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:17 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: Just noticed that Jag fans filled the stadium to over 101% capacity for game 1. Only San Francisco, at 102%, did better. Given the 97 degree gametime temperature, that is truly amazing. I haven’t bothered to check when the last time it’s happened, but I suspect it has been quite a while.

You do realize that Patriot fans were paying 4x the face value of the tickets to attend, don't you -- they are the ones responsible for creating the major demand.    By the looks of it, we have ~ 7,000 unsold seats for this Titans matchup.  That really is the true picture of our local fanbase (other than the true core of 50,000) --- love to wear Jags gear when they are winning but not willing to invest in buying tickets (but willing to go when there's a handout) ... oh yeah, and the 1st to complain when the London subject comes up.

I would assume that fans of opposing teams always buy tickets. Do you have any stats on how many Pats fans bought tickets, and then compared that number to the average of opposition fans purchasing tickets to Jags games? Didn’t think so.

Waaah I think I did a Dookie in my diaper.

I have always had a couple extra season tickets that I sell or give away and have found the same thing with the tacks games and even more so with the texicans, both division rivals. They always are the most difficult to move...never understood this.

(09-20-2018, 01:57 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I would go to every game if I lived in Jacksonville. It’s such a great value compared to other NFL stadiums.

You are so right. I have friends with STs to the Patriots, they sit in the remote corners of the stadium for $180/seat while here I sit front row upper deck on the 40 yd line for $80. I always refuse offers to go there, a bar for the day is a better deal (and warmer).
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-20-2018, 03:33 PM)Section105Fan Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 11:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You do realize that Patriot fans were paying 4x the face value of the tickets to attend, don't you -- they are the ones responsible for creating the major demand.    By the looks of it, we have ~ 7,000 unsold seats for this Titans matchup.  That really is the true picture of our local fanbase (other than the true core of 50,000) --- love to wear Jags gear when they are winning but not willing to invest in buying tickets (but willing to go when there's a handout) ... oh yeah, and the 1st to complain when the London subject comes up.

I would assume that fans of opposing teams always buy tickets. Do you have any stats on how many Pats fans bought tickets, and then compared that number to the average of opposition fans purchasing tickets to Jags games? Didn’t think so.

Who says you can’t walk up to the window and say your a Jag fan and buy a ticket.

They say it less than 5000 this morning on the radio
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-21-2018, 05:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: They say it less than 5000 this morning on the radio

And what is capacity now? Hard to keep up with taking tarps down adding seats, taking away seats, renovating etc.

(09-21-2018, 06:06 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 05:28 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: They say it less than 5000 this morning on the radio

And what is capacity now? Hard to keep up with taking tarps down adding seats, taking away seats, renovating etc.

(09-21-2018, 06:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 06:06 PM)Jags Wrote: And what is capacity now? Hard to keep up with taking tarps down adding seats, taking away seats, renovating etc.

So if that 5000 unsold is correct, 62,800 is pretty respectable.  Good job everyone!

(09-21-2018, 06:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 06:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 67,800

So if that 5000 unsold is correct, 62,800 is pretty respectable.  Good job everyone!

Attendance was reported as 68527 for the Pats game, so we’re about 5700 below that with a couple days of ticket sales left. Probably won’t sell out, but it will be respectable.

101% = all the seats AND the dog park?
[Image: incredulous.gif]