Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Keys to beating the Titans

What does everyone think?

1. Obvious one but rush the passer. I think Yan gets home twice this game.
2. Stop the runs to create 3rd and long situations.
3. Limit penalties. 11 for 119 against the Giants and 7 for 70 against the Pats. I think penalties were a huge reason why the offense struggled in game 1. The penalties were not as abundant in game 2 which allowed for a smoother offense.
4. Don't be predictable. Keep that Titan D on their toes all game!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Show Gabbert no respect. He has trash at wideout as opposed to the Arizona game last year. Smoother the receivers and let Blake do his thing to open running lanes for Fournette.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 05:41 PM by JagsorDie.)

(09-20-2018, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What does everyone think?

1. Obvious one but rush the passer. I think Yan gets home twice this game.
2. Stop the runs to create 3rd and long situations.
3. Limit penalties. 11 for 119 against the Giants and 7 for 70 against the Pats. I think penalties were a huge reason why the offense struggled in game 1. The penalties were not as abundant in game 2 which allowed for a smoother offense.
4. Don't be predictable. Keep that Titan D on their toes all game!

I was watching a titans jags preview on nfln earlier and one thing they showed quite a few times, that apparently occurred more than I remember, was batted balls. I swear it seemed like I saw 5 ints from blake from balls batted into the air. Like I said, I don't remember that many but I also tried to block those games out of my memories of last season.

(09-20-2018, 05:32 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Show Gabbert no respect. 
I second this. Even if marriota starts, if the plays goes to the sidelines, light up gabbert while he holds the clipboard.

I have respect for Gabs because he was given a tough row to hoe when he was here. However, it would be absolutely unforgivable to allow him to punk us again. Hopefully Lewan is out for this game, but if not, we shouldn’t let that impede our mission to keep pressure on Gabbert. Hurry him, touch him, sack him. If we get inside his head, the tacks are doomed.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 02:22 PM by CTEisREAL.)

TN leads the NFL in pressures. If you consider that Landry did not play week one and he was a monster in week two based upon the all 22 film, the Jags back up LT is going to be where Vrabel goes after the Jags in the run and pass game. Jacksonville will have to act like a right-handed team tomorrow. Marrone better have a solid plan for their front. It is sneaky good and Landry's bend looks to be awfully tough to deal with based on what is on tape from preseason and that Houston game. Landry and Casey were a wrecking crew last week. Casey had two sacks last week and he always gives Jacksonville and Bortles fits. Lewan and Conklin are back and this neutralizes the best part of the Jags front. I think Jack and Smith have to be the difference makers in this game. Both of them are going to have to handle the power of Henry. Not having Walker is a huge help to the S and LB's and favors the Jags. If Mariota plays he seems to always hurt the Jags D with his legs like McNair used to. I don't see TN hurting Jacksonville with the pass at all. This might be a very ugly offensive game on both sides.

TN also shuts the run down well. They have 3 good CB now too. I have a sense this is going to be a FG goal game and whoever has the ball last wins. This should be Jacksonville toughest matchup in the division all year because TN is built well to deal with Jacksonville's strengths.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-22-2018, 02:21 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN leads the NFL in pressures.  If you consider that Landry did not play week one and he was a monster in week two based upon the all 22 film, the Jags back up LT is going to be where Vrabel goes after the Jags in the run and pass game.  Jacksonville will have to act like a right-handed team tomorrow.  Marrone better have a solid plan for their front.  It is sneaky good and Landry's bend looks to be awfully tough to deal with based on what is on tape from preseason and that Houston game.  Landry and Casey were a wrecking crew last week.  Casey had two sacks last week and he always gives Jacksonville and Bortles fits.  Lewan and Conklin are back and this neutralizes the best part of the Jags front.  I think Jack and Smith have to be the difference makers in this game.  Both of them are going to have to handle the power of Henry.  Not having Walker is a huge help to the S and LB's and favors the Jags.  If Mariota plays he seems to always hurt the Jags D with his legs like McNair used to.  I don't see TN hurting Jacksonville with the pass at all.   This might be a very ugly offensive game on both sides.  

TN also shuts the run down well.  They have 3 good CB now too.  I have a sense this is going to be a FG goal game and whoever has the ball last wins.  This should be Jacksonville toughest matchup in the division all year because TN is built well to deal with Jacksonville's strengths.

I read some jags predictions (from the jag media) all of em predicting blowout wins for the jags. Kinda funny they were talkin about orakpo being the best pass rusher though. Landry may make a game changing play or two..
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I predict a low scoring game.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 10:38 PM by CAPTAIN.)

Jags score early
Jags win the turnover battle
Jags go 3-0

For some reason I don’t have a good feeling about this game. Fournette and Ramsey are on the injury list. Robinson and Lee done for the year and we are still getting all the love.

The Titans have had our number the last 4 out of 5 games. I will take a win anyway we can get it but for some reason I think we will struggle. Hope I’m wrong.

No silly turnovers (pick-6's / fumbles inside their own 20), or no special teams breakdowns allowing run-back TDs and the Jags should have this one pretty easy.

We'll see how it goes though.

Hold the ball. TN winning will require them to win the turnover battle.

Also, the defense has to show up. They can't take a week off. They should be constantly reminded of the fact that Gabbert BEAT THEM LAST YEAR!!!

#3. My dear god.

Move over jags. Tacks in first place.

Not injure Gabbert and we should win

What an ugly game.
However, to paraphrase Prince...

Tennessee is partying like it's 1999.

Keys to beating the Titans:

Fire the fat turd, Doug Marrone.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 05:52 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(09-22-2018, 09:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: For some reason I don’t have a good feeling about this game. Fournette and Ramsey are on the injury list. Robinson and Lee done for the year and we are still getting all the love.

The Titans have had our number the last 4 out of 5 games. I will take a win anyway we can get it but for some reason I think we will struggle. Hope I’m wrong.

I felt like we were one call away from winning this one or overtime.

We need Fournette back ASAP. And Bortles missed Cole on a wide open crossing route. Just a terrible throw from 7 yards away. Looked like he didn’t feel the laces quick enough and just threw it off the leather part of the ball which is tough.

(09-23-2018, 05:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 09:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: For some reason I don’t have a good feeling about this game. Fournette and Ramsey are on the injury list. Robinson and Lee done for the year and we are still getting all the love.

We need Fournette back ASAP. And Bortles missed Cole on a wide open crossing route. Just a terrible throw from 7 yards away. Looked like he didn’t feel the laces quick enough and just threw it off the leather part of the ball which is tough.
 But yeah.. called it

(09-23-2018, 05:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

(09-23-2018, 05:51 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I felt like we were one call away from winning this one or overtime.

But yeah.. called it

Welcome to the 3%

(09-23-2018, 04:00 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Move over jags. Tacks in first place.

[Image: 4a22449b-e0de-4cbb-8568-94ab87509bd3-jpeg.14395]

I think my assessment was spot on. Mariota is the new McNair for Coughlin. His legs killed Jags. TN OL is better than Jacksonville but Jacksonville front is the best TN will see and they were without their All-Pro RT and did well with a one-armed QB. I'm not sure Fournetter makes a difference in this series because TN stops the run well. I think Jacksonville missed their LT a lot because Landry made Casey look really good by forcing Bortles to the inside. I thought TN DL was dominant all day and their secondary played lights out. If Walker was healthy and Mariota healthy Jacksonville would have lost going away.

Bortles just does not have TN defense figured out. They make him look ordinary too often for it to be a coincidence. I thought Jack and Smith played great and I think Jalen Ramsey was gassed in the 4th Q. TN time of possession wore Jacksonville out in the fourth Q.

The missed ST play in the first half was a tone setter for the Jags. I like Marrone being aggressive but when it flopped you could feel the momentum change.

I thought Dareus and Campbell were outstanding all day. Casey and Landry did their disruption. These are the two best teams in the AFC South and I think both will make noise in January. Health is the key on both teams and TN is very banged up right now. Jags will get LF back and LT is a spot I would be very concerned about going forward.

Jacksonville defense is always tough and will keep them in games but any team with a good rush and CB's is going to make Bortles look bad.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response.