Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags - Titans (lacking fan interest)

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 11:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Amazingly enough, there is an allotment of tickets on both the lower and upper levels that haven't been sold for the Jags-Titans game.  I would have thought there would be a high demand coming off a 2-0 start and a huge win vs the Pats.  Have the Jag fans gotten too content with the comforts of the home viewing experience (e.g. 60" TV, free food & drinks) ???  On a comparable note, the Redskins experienced 10,000 non-sold tix in their home opener vs the Colts.  I remember living in DC back in the 1990's when there were 50,000 people on their waiting list.

Shad Khan and the front office has gone way beyond other owners in creating a great fan experience and building a very likable & winning team so what gives?  Kind of sucks that people don't go and our conference games are the least desirable games for attendance purposes.  I'd estimate that we have a core fan base of ~50,000 that attend games.  The Jags are 2-0 and are getting set to take on our historic rivals -- kind of sad people can't get on board.

Thanks for listening !!

Signed,
Anonymous

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 12:12 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

I'm looking to upgrade my old 2013 60" to like a 80" 4k so I never have to go to a stadium again. One beer $10 or $11 when I can get a six pack for $8 at the store. I long floppy slice of cardboard pizza for $10. Bottle water $4 when I can get a 32 pack for $3. I'm getting tired for people blocking my view, the people who constantly get up to go the bathroom, buy food and drinks. Better replays on tv vs the stadium screen. Fred Taylor's commentary at the stadium put me to sleep. The ghetto rap gets on my nerves. The gridlock traffic when majority of the people stay till the end of the game.

Going to the games is overrated. I d rather sit in my movie theater room, 75 inch flat, leather massasing chair, smoke my blunt and watch NFL games.

(09-20-2018, 12:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'm looking to upgrade my old 2013 60" to like a 80" 4k so I never have to go to a stadium again.  One beer $10 or $11 when I can get a six pack for $8 at the store.  I long floppy slice of cardboard pizza for $10.  Bottle water $4 when I can get a 32 pack for $3.  I'm getting tired for people blocking my view, the people who constantly get up to go the bathroom, buy food and drinks.  Better replays on tv vs the stadium screen.  Fred Taylor's commentary at the stadium put me to sleep.  The ghetto rap gets on my nerves. The gridlock traffic when majority of the people stay till the end of the game.

You could have saved a few sentences and just said "I've never been to a game".
Huh

I am going to be out of town for the game so sold my tickets. But honestly, After last weekend, I don't know if my wife(who is pregnant) will sit thru a game that is not in the club until it gets a little cooler outside lmbo, she sat with her friend in the club and I traded with my buddy who sat with me in our usual seats. Last weekend was amazing because of the game itself but good lord it was brutally hot. This is going to be a 1pm game so it will likely be just as rough.

(09-20-2018, 12:14 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I am going to be out of town for the game so sold my tickets. But honestly, After last weekend, I don't know if my wife(who is pregnant) will sit thru a game that is not in the club until it gets a little cooler outside lmbo, she sat with her friend in the club and I traded with my buddy who sat with me in our usual seats. Last weekend was amazing because of the game itself but good lord it was brutally hot. This is going to be a 1pm game so it will likely be just as rough.

It wasn't even that hot at game time. The clouds built up and covered the sun for like 95% of the game and there were short periods of sprinkles.

As Hurricane stated. There are approx 50-55 thousand season ticket holders. All others must be sold individually or three packs or whatever. There is and has been too small of season ticket membership. If the on field product remains successful and those numbers don't improve? .......................Well, that won't be good.
With that said, lets hope for a buying surge throughout the rest of the week.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 12:35 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-20-2018, 12:10 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'm looking to upgrade my old 2013 60" to like a 80" 4k so I never have to go to a stadium again.  One beer $10 or $11 when I can get a six pack for $8 at the store.  I long floppy slice of cardboard pizza for $10.  Bottle water $4 when I can get a 32 pack for $3.  I'm getting tired for people blocking my view, the people who constantly get up to go the bathroom, buy food and drinks.  Better replays on tv vs the stadium screen.  Fred Taylor's commentary at the stadium put me to sleep.  The ghetto rap gets on my nerves. The gridlock traffic when majority of the people stay till the end of the game.

That was good !!  I got a good laugh but I do admit, a lot of it is soooo true.

(09-20-2018, 12:13 PM)YourFather Wrote: Going to the games is overrated. I d rather sit in my movie theater room, 75 inch flat, leather massasing chair, smoke my blunt and watch NFL games.

OK .... this thread is not going as planned -- HA !!

(09-20-2018, 12:14 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I am going to be out of town for the game so sold my tickets. But honestly, After last weekend, I don't know if my wife(who is pregnant) will sit thru a game that is not in the club until it gets a little cooler outside lmbo, she sat with her friend in the club and I traded with my buddy who sat with me in our usual seats. Last weekend was amazing because of the game itself but good lord it was brutally hot. This is going to be a 1pm game so it will likely be just as rough.

Personally, I think all pregnant women attending September games should be mandated to sit on the visitors side of the stadium.  95 degrees with 120% humidity builds character and strengthens the embryo.

I like the game "experience" personally in a stadium. The energy there is incredible in a tight gane with a good opponent.

However, it's easy to understand the flip-side too. Weather can be brutally hot, severely cold in some cities, or torrential raining.
Plus, let's face it, some opponents are just not that interesting for a lot of people. If you can't afford season tickets and can only got to 3 or 4 games per yer (usually what I have to do), are you gonna try to go see the team play Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Playoff game, etc? Or, do you want to go see extremely weak competition like what the AFCS is offering this year? The Titans with Blaine Gabbert at QB and alot of key player injuries?

It's understandable. I don't blame anyone who'd rather watch at home. That said, if I could afford it, I'd be a season ticket holder for sure.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 12:51 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-20-2018, 12:37 PM)jagherd Wrote: I like the game "experience" personally in a stadium. The energy there is incredible in a tight gane with a good opponent.

However, it's easy to understand the flip-side too. Weather can be brutally hot, severely cold in some cities, or torrential raining.
Plus, let's face it, some opponents are just not that interesting for a  lot of people. If you can't afford season tickets and can only got to 3 or 4 games per yer (usually what I have to do), are you gonna try to go see the team play Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Playoff game, etc?  Or, do you want to go see extremely weak competition like what the AFCS is offering this year?  The Titans with Blaine Gabbert at QB and alot of key player injuries?

It's understandable. I don't blame anyone who'd rather watch at home. That said, if I could afford it, I'd be a season ticket holder for sure.

If you don't have season tickets, the cost of going to a single Patriots OR Steelers game is equivalent to going to see ALL 3 divisional opponents (Titans-Texans-Colts).  That said, I don't buy the "I can't afford it" excuse when I see thousands of people jamming the St. John's Town Center and dudes walking around in their $150 pair of Nikes and other clothing wear that I could never afford in my 20's.  Heck, just go out on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night and you'll see dudes & chicks dropping $6 a their craft beer or $12 per martini like there's no limit on their credit card.  I've never seen so much (disposable) spending in my life as I do during our current economy.

I’ll be there on Sunday - and I hope most of those seats are sold between now and then.

(09-20-2018, 12:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

It wasn't even that hot at game time. The clouds built up and covered the sun for like 95% of the game and there were short periods of sprinkles.

It was still hot down near the field, but I do agree that it was defiantly worse while tailgating pregame. I was begging for it to rain but it never really let loose.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 12:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-20-2018, 12:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 12:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: It wasn't even that hot at game time. The clouds built up and covered the sun for like 95% of the game and there were short periods of sprinkles.

It was still hot down near the field, but I do agree that it was defiantly worse while tailgating pregame. I was begging for it to rain but it never really let loose.

You just don't know how to cool off !!!  Take a note from this Columbus Blue Jackets fan (who I assume is also a Cleveland Browns fan as well).

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2018, 12:55 PM by JagsorDie.)

(09-20-2018, 12:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Personally, I think all pregnant women attending September games should be mandated to sit on the visitors side of the stadium.  95 degrees with 120% humidity builds character and strengthens the embryo.

LMBO valid points. She is a die hard fan but if it wasn't for her being in the club(which they sat inside most of the game), she wouldn't have been there. She isn't far along but it is only going to get worse from here ( i try not to think about that part lol)so I don't see her attending to many more this season if any. She just wanted to be at the pats game. Moral of the story is I will be bringing a buddy to the rest of the games lol.

(09-20-2018, 12:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 12:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: It was still hot down near the field, but I do agree that it was defiantly worse while tailgating pregame. I was begging for it to rain but it never really let loose.

You just don't know how to cool off !!!  Take a note from this Columbus Blue Jackets fan (who I assume is also a Cleveland Browns fan as well).

Ive tried that but rum/whiskey and cokes burns my eyes every damn time. Ill have to try the stone cold light beer method.

(09-20-2018, 12:37 PM)jagherd Wrote: I like the game "experience" personally in a stadium. The energy there is incredible in a tight gane with a good opponent.

Plus, let's face it, some opponents are just not that interesting for a  lot of people. If you can't afford season tickets and can only got to 3 or 4 games per yer (usually what I have to do), are you gonna try to go see the team play Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Playoff game, etc?  Or, do you want to go see extremely weak competition like what the AFCS is offering this year?  The Titans with Blaine Gabbert at QB and alot of key player injuries?

ITA with everything you said. If I still lived down there I would have to pick my games as ST's wouldn't be affordable. I'd go to the ones where the opponents give me the most bang for my buck, regardless of who they are, and if they're not a division game so be it.

It's so damn expensive. Shocked concession prices are still so terrible.

(09-20-2018, 12:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 12:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: It was still hot down near the field, but I do agree that it was defiantly worse while tailgating pregame. I was begging for it to rain but it never really let loose.

Hypnotic...  I. can't. stop. watching.

(09-20-2018, 12:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

How would you know?  It was showing 97 degrees on the field at kickoff, even with the clouds starting to roll in. They didn't really build up until after the game had started, and even with the clouds, the temperatures remained in the mid to high 80's for almost the entire game.  Short periods of sprinkles is being generous.  It sprinkled once, for about 5 minutes.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-20-2018, 03:07 PM)FBT Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 12:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: It wasn't even that hot at game time. The clouds built up and covered the sun for like 95% of the game and there were short periods of sprinkles.

How would you know?  It was showing 97 degrees on the field at kickoff, even with the clouds starting to roll in. They didn't really build up until after the game had started, and even with the clouds, the temperatures remained in the mid to high 80's for almost the entire game.  Short periods of sprinkles is being generous.  It sprinkled once, for about 5 minutes.

Hmmmmm, just because it's 97 degrees on the field doesn't mean its 97 degrees on the nosebleeds.    Wasn't that hot as a spectator as previous games like the Sept games against the Packers and Raiders of previous years where people are dropping like flies.  If you thought this past Sunday game conditions are hot for a spectator, you are soft as cotton.

I'm in row A behind the visitor's bench. This past weekend was hot but not as bad as it could have been with the cloud cover 90% of the game. Glad we didn't end up in a lightning delay...

That said, with the 35% jump in my ticket price I damn near took that money and refurbed my theater system. If they win it all this year, I may just do that next year.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]