Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

(09-23-2018, 04:00 PM)Kcirred Wrote: Has Bortles ever led this team to a game winning drive?  He managed to look worse than a guy with one hand

it's hard to be a good qb when you're hampered by a bad offense live and an offensive coordinator who gets caught up in his own press and couldn't call a play today if it came out and grabbed him in the butt. well at least Indianapolis lost today, so we're still one game up on the division, but could have put this division away or gotten extremely comfortable with at least a 75% effort by our coaches. how many throws beyond 10 yards today????? you can probably count them all on one hand. can't stop them playing their defense like they did if you don't try to get them out of it by throwing it down the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 04:06 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-23-2018, 04:02 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Good god the offense was terrible this game, Bortles looked awful, Grant is clearly better than LF27 lol, Chris Reed couldn't block a lick, Moncrief on the inactive list? , Cole with 2 drops, ASJ with a drop, creativity on offense reverted to roll outs to Bohannon or ASJ,awful from Hackett.

Grant didn't get a lot of play time. I would have liked to see Bortles get him the ball in space more by design. Tacks pass rush was fierce, and our offensive line was weak on the right especially. They played a good game, and Derrick Henry/Mariota rushing basically won this thing for them. I have to wonder if we would have done better with our pounder (fournette)

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We actually extended bortles contract. For this lololol

(09-23-2018, 04:01 PM)BigJohn98 Wrote: Did they really think that was a winning game plan?

They probably figured they could beat the Titans like they beat the Bills in the playoffs last year.  Or the Giants in week 1.  Although at times it looked like our offense was trying to go down field but Bortles kept checking it down.

(09-23-2018, 04:04 PM)Steve Wrote: I agree about going for it. As a coach you have to have a feel of how the game has been going. And that entire second half, the Jags could not get the titans off the field...  as soon as we punted I said to my self the game is over. You could just feel it in your gut.

Because Marrone is gutless.

At least the Colts look like they will lose and the Giants won in Houston.. LOL
No pain, no gain.

(09-23-2018, 04:06 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: At least the Colts look like they will lose and the Giants won in Houston.. LOL

We're back to moral victories

We just lost in typical fashion to the Titans.. lets not base all franchise decisions and the season on this one game. We lost this game last year 38-16...

Bad tackling, bad penalties, no big plays on offense... we were in a box.

Once we got into that physical ground game we over pursued and like usual they just bootleg and play action us underneath to death.. just playing for first downs. We tried to get cute and threw a lot. Just no big plays on offense or defense.
No pain, no gain.

it's hard to believe that the only thing we have left is to hope that other teams lose, boy that really tells the story of how bad this game was and how bad our coaches are, at least against the Tacs they're bad, but why? They make us head cases.

Hackett is a genius. Jackson goes out with a concussion and we don't throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field all day although not sure we could have because the oline got dominated all day.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 04:11 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

(09-23-2018, 04:08 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:06 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: At least the Colts look like they will lose and the Giants won in Houston.. LOL

We're back to moral victories

Not really. The moral victory is we get another home game against the Jets next week to try and re-establish our identity with Fournette hopefully. And the Jets are horrible.
No pain, no gain.

(09-23-2018, 04:06 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:02 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Good god the offense was terrible this game, Bortles looked awful, Grant is clearly better than LF27 lol, Chris Reed couldn't block a lick, Moncrief on the inactive list? , Cole with 2 drops, ASJ with a drop, creativity on offense reverted to roll outs to Bohannon or ASJ,awful from Hackett.

Grant didn't get a lot of play time. I would have liked to see Bortles get him the ball in space more by design. Tacks pass rush was fierce, and our offensive line was weak on the right especially. They played a good game, and Derrick Henry/Mariota rushing basically won this thing for them. I have to wonder if we would have done better with our pounder (fournette)

No Fournette maybe helps with one play but even having him play would play into the Titans strengths. We have really poor coaching and game planning against them. 

Best thing from last year was not getting embarrassed by them in the playoffs.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-23-2018, 04:06 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: We actually extended bortles contract. For this lololol

Why you do dat? Why?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-23-2018, 04:10 PM)Rooster Wrote: Hackett is a genius.  Jackson goes out with a concussion and we don't throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field all day although not sure we could have because the oline got dominated all day.

I hope we move some things along the offensive line.. I don't know why we aren't using Shatley at Center and moving Linder over to Guard if Cann is a no go again next week.
No pain, no gain.

People calling the jets awful... the titans r awful, horrible. The jets beat us last year. Then we go in KC who WILL PUT UP PTS on us, maybe a lot. This should have been an easy 4-0 start. We r losing players to injury by the second

Could quickly be 2-3 if this team cant find a QB

Defense did their job.

No adjustment on offense. I get the OL struggled against their DL. This mess is mostly on Hackett and some on Bortles. I felt Hackett was and is still a completely overrated OC. There is no creativity on play-calling. They refuse to take more shots downfield. See what your group of WRs are capable of. Maybe draw a PI flag. Maybe it works and maybe it is an INT. You will never know until it is given a chance. You don't re-sign a QB to all this money just to put a leash on him. It's like they were content with how well they demolished an injury-bugged Patriots D and took a rest on this game.

This is why you have to keep a level head and yea we're upset by today's performance but it's just one game just like last week was one game where we were being heralded as the best team in the league... it's a long season, you have to regroup from time to time this is our time to do that.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 04:19 PM by 14and3.)

Game good guys. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I’m just now leaving the stadium and man what a let down. The Titans just took it to us and wanted it more today. They deserved the victory and the Jags offense looked like they forgot this was an actual football game against a tough divisional opponent. Hopefully good Blake shows up next week because we are gonna need him.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

You guys have a great defense, but the defense on the other sideline was pretty darn good; good scheming and really great effort and hustle by whatever 11 were out there.