Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(stinkin tacks game complaint threads merged)

I don’t think Bortles threw a pass over 15 yards. The tacks played up all game long because we refused to keep the defense honest.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We thought we could beat them with a conservative, timid, weak, play-not-to-lose approach.

We were wrong.

M I A. The rush was pretty good from Tennessee but Bortles had time on a few plays. Surprisingly he took 0 shots, did we even call any??

(09-23-2018, 04:13 PM)rocdee Wrote: We thought we could beat them with a conservative, timid, weak, play-not-to-lose approach.

We were wrong.

So the same losing gameplan from December of last season?

Truth be told I think today's gameplan was all about injuries. The team at full strength along the offensive line and with Fournette at running back probably does throw it deep a few times as the titans safeties probably would have been doing a lot of crashing down for run defense. With Yeldon as the main back teams don't feel any fear about the running game.

Why didn't we ever run the ball?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 04:17 PM by Upper.)

I think Bortles' longest completion was 7 air yards until the hook and ladder 11 or 12 yarder on the last drive. That's not gonna win you many games.

No deep shots, but where were the run plays? The running game was actually effective, Yeldon was having a decent game. 7 attempts for 44 yards. So our plan was... no running and no deep passes... just straight up short passes? Ok Marrone/Hackett... great job.

i saw at least 10-12 deepshot plays today. problem was the oline sucked and the defense forced RBB5 to throw short or away or get sacked

How can you not try a few shots downfield after Jackson goes out? I don't think Hackett has enough creativity to adjust to changes in the game.

(09-23-2018, 04:15 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:13 PM)rocdee Wrote: We thought we could beat them with a conservative, timid, weak, play-not-to-lose approach.

We were wrong.

So the same losing gameplan from December of last season?

Truth be told I think today's gameplan was all about injuries. The team at full strength along the offensive line and with Fournette at running back probably does throw it deep a few times as the titans safeties probably would have been doing a lot of crashing down for run defense. With Yeldon as the main back teams don't feel any fear about the running game.

That doesn’t fly with me. We didn’t have Fournette last week and we attacked with deep shots

(09-23-2018, 04:51 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: i saw at least 10-12 deepshot plays today. problem was the oline sucked and the defense forced RBB5 to throw short or away or get sacked

All I saw were crossing routes the entire game. Bortles wasn’t under duress all day. There were plenty of times Bortles would be sitting back there with the ball but nobody was open because the tacks were sitting up in the zone every play looking to jump the short route.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think that the decision was made that with two lineman out, and the Titans leading the league in pressures that we wouldn't take too many shots down the field.

As for the run plays... ? I think we only handed the ball to the running back 13 times? This is in a game that was only ever a difference of a field goal? I think that the coaching staff has made the decision that the only person on the planet who can carry the ball more than 10 times in a game is Fournette and if he's unavailable we are just going to abandon the running game.

More importantly, how many times were guys wide open and we just missed a pass or dropped a ball. This was just plain sloppy, uninspired, blah that you look back on in January to think "oh yeh, that's why we're not hosting a playoff game this year..."

(09-23-2018, 04:56 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:51 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: i saw at least 10-12 deepshot plays today. problem was the oline sucked and the defense forced RBB5 to throw short or away or get sacked

All I saw were crossing routes the entire game. Bortles wasn’t under duress all day. There were plenty of times Bortles would be sitting back there with the ball but nobody was open because the tacks were sitting up in the zone every play looking to jump the short route.

Not what I saw. Bortles was under duress every time he dropped back to pass.

Maybe Jalen can play QB so we can get some balls down the field. He can put his hockey love away and play QB for the Jags.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I'm not blaming the coaches.
Tennessee has a better defensive line than New England.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-23-2018, 04:11 PM)knarnn Wrote: I don’t think Bortles threw a pass over 15 yards. The tacks played up all game long because we refused to keep the defense honest.

Our line got ran over, he wasn't getting enough time for those to develop. Especially on the right side we played like doo-doo.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This is just the opinion of a lowly broom, so take it for what's it worth.

But as I finished sweeping the floor of TIAA today, I couldn't help but think that maybe our beloved Jags were no more than a mirage the whole time (sweepsweep)

Many proclaimed us to be the best team in the NFL (what a great week that was). But were we really?

Week 1 we beat the Giants who are a terrible team, and it took them beating themselves for us to win.

Week 2 we took down the ALMIGHTY Patriots. The same patriots who squeaked by Houston (who lost to the Giants and Titans Backup QB) and who is currently getting destroyed by the lions ...

So perhaps our wins were not that strong? And perhaps we were never that great?

Oh well, my job at TIAA is done (all swept). My next job is scheduled at Nissan Stadium week 14. Hopefully I can finish sweeping then, but all indications are I won't have any problems with the SWEEP.

#sweepsweep

Save your broom til week 16 so you can get Nissan stadium ready for next year.

Against a decent defense the offense is exposed. Blake is not capable of constantly fitting the ball in tight windows. I love the guy but it is what it is. He can't quickly and accurately get the ball out of his hands against a good pass rush the way teams do against us. For that reason even if we make the superbowl we'll struggle against the Rams.

Remember how when the Jags beat a team and someone will post here about how the team they just beat currently has a message board meltdown going on? Congrats. You guys are literally doing the exact same things. Grow up, chill out, drink a beer. We will all live.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."