Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(stinkin tacks game complaint threads merged)

(09-24-2018, 10:22 AM)VondyP Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 07:53 AM)BritJag Wrote: I am slightly confused. The titans won 5 divisional games last year, I think. And still lost the division to the Jaguars. 

What good does beating Jags do, if you can't hang with other quality opponents? Why do you think the titans hate us, and some of their fans stalk us? They absolutely cannot stand that they are clearly inept against the others that matter. See Steelers and Pats routs last year.

Jags are built for the league, and long haul. titans are built for Jags. They have that going for them. Expect them to stick around the board for a while, listening, understanding, envying. 

Put yourself in their position; it must be maddening for them: we can beat them Jags who can beat everybody else. But we can't. We feel your pain titans.
"envying" lmao

yeah nobody envies that L homie

[Image: Dn1LkJKWkAABY3K.jpg]
that is what you took out of all of that.

Ill give it to you though, your photoshop work on mary isn't that bad, Maybe shrink his head down a bit. May steal that from you tbh lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This thread is making me a bit Sweepy.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 12:44 PM by Kane.)

(09-23-2018, 11:47 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys still think you"re winning the division?

Yeah, why wouldn't we?

(09-24-2018, 02:12 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 12:45 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Um. Wow. Yes. Tennessee is trash. You have our number, great. Otherwise you guys will be lucky to hit 8 wins this year, and that's giving you 1 more vs us. I see a 6 game losing streak coming for inbred nation.

Tacks will improve as the season goes. If they can keep scraping wins here and there thru the midway point, i see more of a 6 game win streak going into the playoffs.

If the titans are trash, what does that make the jags?

Owned by trash I guess lol
Not gonna sit here and live in denial... we sucked yesterday.

But just like we weren't winning a SB after last weeks one good outing... the tacks aren't scaring anyone putting up 9 points with a beat to crap squad.

Enjoy the win
But had the Jags won the game 9-6, our fans wouldn't be so giddy. We'd essentially be still complaining as if it were a loss.

(09-24-2018, 07:53 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 04:49 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Win against the Pats looks meaningless. Division games mean so much..... way to go Marrone...

I am slightly confused. The titans won 5 divisional games last year, I think. And still lost the division to the Jaguars. 

What good does beating Jags do, if you can't hang with other quality opponents? Why do you think the titans hate us, and some of their fans stalk us? They absolutely cannot stand that they are clearly inept against the others that matter. See Steelers and Pats routs last year.

Jags are built for the league, and long haul. titans are built for Jags. They have that going for them. Expect them to stick around the board for a while, listening, understanding, envying. 

Put yourself in their position; it must be maddening for them: we can beat them Jags who can beat everybody else. But we can't. We feel your pain titans.
I'm saying the win against Pats looks kinda meaningless after watching them lose by 16 to the Lions. They might not even make the playoffs.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 01:21 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-24-2018, 12:49 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 07:53 AM)BritJag Wrote: I am slightly confused. The titans won 5 divisional games last year, I think. And still lost the division to the Jaguars. 

I'm saying the win against Pats looks kinda meaningless after watching them lose by 16 to the Lions. They might not even make the playoffs.

I agree with this now after last night. They're not the same offense right now. They keep making excuses for them with Eldelman being out and now having Gordon who has to pick up the scheme. The Lions were even running similar schemes out of the backfield that we beat them with last Sunday. 

They're just not the same team right now. But if you look at how we performed in New York and now yesterday against the tacks. This offense has a lot of concerns to address going forward. They looked just as lethargic yesterday as they did in New York. And honestly if it wasn't for Jack's pick six we could be staring at 1 - 2. 

They need to get their [BLEEP] together this Sunday against the Jets. I fully expect the defense to kick the [BLEEP] out of the Jets. Darnold has turned the football over in every game. And they've been very costly turnovers. Wouldn't be shocked if they take it to the house twice on defense.

But this offense needs to look the part and start cleaning up their bull [BLEEP] penalties once they get inside enemy territory. I don't care if we win by 3 or 30. But that offense needs to show that it's not going to be a weakness or downfall for this team in 2018.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wonder how much of the game plan was negatively impacted by the injury to Cam Robinson.

Even though Wells played well last year, the play calling seemed to be designed to get the ball out of Bortles' hands quickly to avoid sacks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-24-2018, 01:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I wonder how much of the game plan was negatively impacted by the injury to Cam Robinson.

Even though Wells played well last year, the play calling seemed to be designed to get the ball out of Bortles' hands quickly to avoid sacks.

I don't know that I can fault this line of thinking by the staff though. Not only was Robinson gone, but so was Cann. And you're facing Orakpo, Morgain and Casey. You'd have to think that their defense was going to focus on the new guys and pressure them. A lot

The QB needed to be more accurate and the Pass Catchers needed to hold on to the throws. I was okay with the strategy, just looked like the execution was off.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(09-24-2018, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:47 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys still think you"re winning the division?

Yeah, why wouldn't we?

(09-24-2018, 02:12 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Tacks will improve as the season goes. If they can keep scraping wins here and there thru the midway point, i see more of a 6 game win streak going into the playoffs.

But just like we weren't winning a SB after last weeks one good outing... the tacks aren't scaring anyone putting up 9 points with a beat to crap squad.

Enjoy the win
But had the Jags won the game 9-6, our fans wouldn't be so giddy. We'd essentially be still complaining as if it were a loss.

Yeah ok. I guess thats why half the crowd left at halftime. They didnt care win or lose since it just wasnt a highlight game.
Guess all of you watching on tv turned it off too, and no one watched till the end hoping for a win..
Get real
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-24-2018, 01:34 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 01:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I wonder how much of the game plan was negatively impacted by the injury to Cam Robinson.

I don't know that I can fault this line of thinking by the staff though. Not only was Robinson gone, but so was Cann. And you're facing Orakpo, Morgain and Casey. You'd have to think that their defense was going to focus on the new guys and pressure them. A lot

The QB needed to be more accurate and the Pass Catchers needed to hold on to the throws. I was okay with the strategy, just looked like the execution was off.
The problem is that the offense became a caricature of itself way past the point of diminishing returns. Seems as if the offense completely eschewed attacking deep, even when Adoree Jackson left the game.

While I'm convinced Fournette will change the dynamic some, can we afford to play that conservative (reminding that conservative football is not to be confused with ineffective football)?

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 01:48 PM by Rockman1966.)

One play changed this game in so many ways.
It was Malik's hit on BG. Which in these four results:
1. TEN retains possession due to targeting penalty
2. TEN gets a 1st down
3. We lose possesion at TEN's 20 and at least 3 point, probably 7
4. Marriott's replaces BG and runs crazy.

*No question in my mind Jags win this hard to watch, ugly game if LF plays. Marrone will lose sleep over punting on 4th and 3. Jags never got the ball back. This game is going to come back and haunt the Jags.

And, NE isn't very good.

(09-24-2018, 01:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 01:34 PM)Deacon Wrote: I don't know that I can fault this line of thinking by the staff though. Not only was Robinson gone, but so was Cann. And you're facing Orakpo, Morgain and Casey. You'd have to think that their defense was going to focus on the new guys and pressure them. A lot

The problem is that the offense became a caricature of itself way past the point of diminishing returns. Seems as if the offense completely eschewed attacking deep, even when Adoree Jackson left the game.

While I'm convinced Fournette will change the dynamic some, can we afford to play that conservative (reminding that conservative football is not to be confused with ineffective football)?

Just because a team throws short does not, in my mind anyway, mean that it isn't being aggressive. Being hell-bent on a certain play that attacks a certain part of the field isn't aggressive, it's stubborn. More times than not, the Tennessee Defense was in a seven-man front which would indicate to me Safety coverage over the top. So why throw into that? Seems dangerous. 

Without rewatching the game, my impression was that plays were there to be made. The players just didn't go out and get them. Not to say that the plan couldn't stand a little tweaking, but I think it was good enough to get the team more than nine points.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(09-24-2018, 01:46 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: One play changed this game in so many ways.
It was Malik's hit on BG. Which in these four results:
1. TEN retains possession due to targeting penalty
2. TEN gets a 1st down
3. We lose possesion at TEN's 20 and at least 3 point, probably 7
4. Marriott's replaces BG and runs crazy.

*No question in my mind Jags win this hard to watch, ugly game if LF plays.  Marrone will lose sleep over punting on 4th and 3.  Jags never got the ball back.  This game is going to come back and haunt the Jags.

And, NE isn't very good.

Marrone had great faith in that hook and lateral play
[Image: incredulous.gif]

We spotted you two last year and still won it, what's changed?

Was that game really something you'd hang your hat on, and say the momentum has shifted your way?

In the long run, broken Mariota and whatever Gabby aren't going to be enough to carry your team.

If anyone expected us to go undefeated, they were deluding themselves. You won. Congrats. It's one game.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 02:17 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-24-2018, 02:01 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 01:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The problem is that the offense became a caricature of itself way past the point of diminishing returns. Seems as if the offense completely eschewed attacking deep, even when Adoree Jackson left the game.

Just because a team throws short does not, in my mind anyway, mean that it isn't being aggressive. Being hell-bent on a certain play that attacks a certain part of the field isn't aggressive, it's stubborn. More times than not, the Tennessee Defense was in a seven-man front which would indicate to me Safety coverage over the top. So why throw into that? Seems dangerous. 

Without rewatching the game, my impression was that plays were there to be made. The players just didn't go out and get them. Not to say that the plan couldn't stand a little tweaking, but I think it was good enough to get the team more than nine points.

Plays were certainly there to be made offensively. Poor execution and inopportune penalties crushed any little bit of momentum they managed to pick up here and there. Batted passes, a few drops and over throws. Those little things add up when you lose by three points. 

I agree with you regarding the aggressiveness Vs. short throws though. You can dink and dunk a team to death and make big plays with RAC yardage. They managed that on a handful of plays in last Sunday's victory over New England. But it felt like a lot of that wasn't working against their front seven yesterday.

My biggest gripe is with Grant. They seem to want to run him too much out of the spread formation or shot gun formation. I want to see our offense line up the way the tacks line up their offense. When they want to run the football. They don't get cute. They throw the kitchen sink at you. 

They were out muscling our offensive line all day and in the 3rd quarter they started dictating our front seven with their own ground game. 

Why are we not bringing the same physicality into these ball games? It's a divisional game. They rely on the ground game as much as we do. They need to start bringing two TE's and the FB out there to run the football with Grant at least. Create a pile. Something. Anything. 

But stop giving them free lanes to impede the ground game with. Move a TE or FB around. Beef up the run blocking when you need to do it. I don't see them doing that enough at all.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-24-2018, 02:01 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 01:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: The problem is that the offense became a caricature of itself way past the point of diminishing returns. Seems as if the offense completely eschewed attacking deep, even when Adoree Jackson left the game.

The terms"hell bent" and "stubborn" imply repeated persistent attempts to do something beyond the point of diminishing returns.

It certainly didn't apply to throwing deep, or even intermediate routes.

I agree there were plays that should have been made on the short passes that weren't, and I have no doubt that had a negative impact on later playcalling.  

However, barring a miraculous recovery by Robinson or a trade for a LT, Wells is our LT.  We can't simply not attack down field the remaining thirteen weeks.

(09-24-2018, 02:12 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 12:45 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Um. Wow. Yes. Tennessee is trash. You have our number, great. Otherwise you guys will be lucky to hit 8 wins this year, and that's giving you 1 more vs us. I see a 6 game losing streak coming for inbred nation.

Defending AFC South Champs and 2-1 with 13 games remaining.

(09-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah, why wouldn't we?

Enjoy the win

Yeah ok. I guess thats why half the crowd left at halftime. They didnt care win or lose since it just wasnt a highlight game.
Guess all of you watching on tv turned it off too, and no one watched till the end hoping for a win..
Get real

Welp... here in NWFL we were treated to Caronlina and Cincy... so no I didn't watch.
However, I was glued to Twitter til the end personally.

If I was a fan at the game... I don't know that I would have stayed either. Apparently it was quite the crap show.

Feel free to refute how good you guys feel about a 3 point victory in the NFLs worst game of the year...
We were trash, ya'll were trash... 
Ya'll won the trashbowl lol Congrats. 

IMO... it's like kissing your sister. To me its gross.
To you freaks it is enjoyable.

To each their own.

Week 1, the win was barely enjoyable
Week 2 it was so good
Had we won yesterday, yeah we'd be stoked being 3-0.... but we'd be on here complaining about the same things we are now.
Not celebrating. And certainly not trolling tack message boards

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 07:58 AM by SamusAranX.)

(09-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 12:40 PM)Kane Wrote: Yeah, why wouldn't we?

Enjoy the win

Get real

The Titans barely averaged more than 1k per game in attendance last year so you don’t exactly have the high ground there. 

You’re also the one who swore up and down the Jags would start 0-3. So I don’t trust your judgement too much. Troll

Defense did their job. Offense was in a funk. But it seemed league-wide for a lot of the favorites. They should have pounded the ball more, sure.

Not horrible, but better can be expected next time.
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]

I took several deep shots after the game yesterday. The beach was glorious in the afternoon sun.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato