Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Duds of the game

DUD is coaching.

Games like this happen in the NFL. Not every game are your players up for it. Coaching makes the difference in games like these, and Marrone proved to have not learned anything. We all expected the offense to be like this some games. If you didn't you didn't watch last season. However the offense wasn't totally stagnant .... on the run atleast. Where were the running plays? The starting RB has a grand total of 7 attempts for 44 yards. SEVEN ATTEMPTS... for a RUNNING TEAM! Huh? Bortles was anemic, yes, but did he turn the ball over? Nope. Remember when Marrone said he wouldn't take 15 extra TD's vs 5 ints for Bortles? SAME MENTALITY SHOWED TODAY! If you are going to be stubborn enough to NOT run the ball when the team is built to run, then throw the actual ball. Stop with the screens and roll outs. Let him throw some interceptions, if it results in big plays. Then, games on the line 4th and 1 and it's as if Marrone totally missed the last drive. Defense is gassed! They can't hold 3 and out. Nah, punt it. As bad as Bortles seemed, the set him up to fail this game. Let's give him no running game and no deep passes. Seems solid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

O line is trash without cam Robinson
Bortles is still a coat
Offense coordinate for this saints, senators, Terry Parker offense

Dud...these teal pants over white.
It took me a second every now and again to tell just who was who....
whoever thought this combination was a good idea for a tacks game should
be kicked in the butt. Black pants would have been far better.
I can only imagine what seeing receivers was like.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Oh yeah Malik Jackson dud of the game. Had to go all helmet to helmet on Gabbert and knock him out of the game...sigh.

(09-23-2018, 05:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: DUD is coaching.

Games like this happen in the NFL. Not every game are your players up for it. Coaching makes the difference in games like these, and Marrone proved to have not learned anything. We all expected the offense to be like this some games. If you didn't you didn't watch last season. However the offense wasn't totally stagnant .... on the run atleast. Where were the running plays? The starting RB has a grand total of 7 attempts for 44 yards. SEVEN ATTEMPTS... for a RUNNING TEAM! Huh?  Bortles was anemic, yes, but did he turn the ball over? Nope. Remember when Marrone said he wouldn't take 15 extra TD's vs 5 ints for Bortles? SAME MENTALITY SHOWED TODAY! If you are going to be stubborn enough to NOT run the ball when the team is built to run, then throw the actual ball. Stop with the screens and roll outs. Let him throw some interceptions, if it results in big plays. Then, games on the line 4th and 1 and it's as if Marrone totally missed the last drive. Defense is gassed! They can't hold 3 and out. Nah, punt it. As bad as Bortles seemed, the set him up to fail this game. Let's give him no running game and no deep passes. Seems solid.

Coaches can make a difference every game.

A good coach can get you 3 points each game just on the sidelines.

(09-23-2018, 04:44 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:37 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Why are you still here? Game is over.

Because I want my rivarls to be more competitive

Ok so we are tied.....maybe should go on the Texans or Colts board for that

I feel like the whole team marked this one down as an easy win. 

They coached like it and played like it.

everything....

(09-23-2018, 04:33 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Hard to buy the whole the "AFC South games are extremely important" when guys who practice all week don't play on Sunday

I dont like when they use players as decoys. Bringing me back to Fragile Fred lies. I wonder how bad Fournette injury really is at this point. It is one game I know but I hate when the theme that bugged us last year rears its ugly head.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

God forbid Jalen or AJ make a play. I thought our dbs were playmakers.

(09-23-2018, 05:42 PM)BklynJag Wrote: God forbid Jalen or AJ make a play. I thought our dbs were playmakers.

Agree....

(09-23-2018, 05:42 PM)BklynJag Wrote: God forbid Jalen or AJ make a play. I thought our dbs were playmakers.

Yeah man it was definitely the DB’s fault for letting Mary throw for over 300 yards....oh wait. That never happened.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If it wasn’t for the turnaround last season and beatings the patsies last week, I’d be tempted to start calling him Dud Marrone. A lot went wrong but I put a lot of it on the coaches.

How anyone can blame anyone on the defense.... mindblowing lol. That's just having an agenda. 9 points. NINE. NIIIIIIIINE POINTS. HELLO?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 05:57 PM by YourFather.)

(09-23-2018, 05:55 PM)Jags Wrote: If it wasn’t for the turnaround last season and beatings the patsies last week, I’d be tempted to start calling him Dud Marrone.  A lot went wrong but I put a lot of it on the coaches.

Lets not act like the Patriots are the same team they were two years ago. They are very beatable, especially if you can generate pressure on Brady.

Guys relax. We are 2-1 and sitting pretty. Yes we lost a division game but we have 5 more to get it right. We also play them again.

We need a different game plan that’s for sure.

Next time we will have Fournette and he will run for 165 yards and 3 tds.

(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:55 PM)Jags Wrote: If it wasn’t for the turnaround last season and beatings the patsies last week, I’d be tempted to start calling him Dud Marrone.  A lot went wrong but I put a lot of it on the coaches.

Lets not act like the Patriots are the same team they were two years ago. They are very beatable, especially if you can generate pressure on Brady.

The coaching was phenomenal last week.  They did all the right things when they needed to.  Let’s not act like they did that today against an inferior opponent.

(09-23-2018, 05:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Guys relax. We are 2-1 and sitting pretty. Yes we lost a division game but we have 5 more to get it right. We also play them again.

We need a different game plan that’s for sure.

Next time we will have Fournette and he will run for 165 yards and 3 tds.

I guess your implying that they only will run with Fournette? Because the running game was not the problem today at all. It was actually effective! They just weren't even attempting to run. So would you say, that's a coaching thing?

It could have been but that’s how the NFL works. We’re going to lose around 4 to 6 games this year and that was just one of them.

We will get back on track with Sam Darnold getting a taste of this defense.

(09-23-2018, 06:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It could have been but that’s how the NFL works. We’re going to lose around 4 to 6 games this year and that was just one of them.

We will get back on track with Sam Darnold getting a taste of this defense.

Eh. Jets are trash, so I'd expect a close game. This team just doesn't get up for bad teams. Players are only self motivated on this team, coaches can't ramp em up. Game against Chiefs, watch the Jags destroy them. Jets? I hope so, but wouldn't count on it.