Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Duds of the game

(09-23-2018, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)YourFather Wrote: Lets not act like the Patriots are the same team they were two years ago. They are very beatable, especially if you can generate pressure on Brady.

The coaching was phenomenal last week.  They did all the right things when they needed to.  Let’s not act like they did that today against an inferior opponent.

They played to win last week. This week the old former Marrone returns. The gutless loser.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2018, 04:35 PM)Rooster Wrote: Everyone in order:
1. Coaching - terrible play calling
2. Offense - Oline, Bortles throws, receivers drops
3. Defense - can't stop a bad QB with one hand
4. Special Teams - fake punt, nuff said
5. Crowd - 50K seriously after beating NE?

Crowd was terrible. Kinda shocked by that.

(09-23-2018, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)YourFather Wrote: Lets not act like the Patriots are the same team they were two years ago. They are very beatable, especially if you can generate pressure on Brady.
The coaching was phenomenal last week.  They did all the right things when they needed to.  Let’s not act like they did that today against an inferior opponent.

I saw that game last week. The Pats aren’t the same team that they were. The Jags exploited the Pats’ lack of depth at cb by running them up the field repeatedly and tiring them out. There isn’t anything special about that.

Bortles alone sent Byard to the pro bowl last season. I wish the Jaguars would have tried airing it out today.

(09-23-2018, 06:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 04:35 PM)Rooster Wrote: Everyone in order:
1. Coaching - terrible play calling
2. Offense - Oline, Bortles throws, receivers drops
3. Defense - can't stop a bad QB with one hand
4. Special Teams - fake punt, nuff said
5. Crowd - 50K seriously after beating NE?

Crowd was terrible. Kinda shocked by that.

Why did everyone leave at halftime?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I guess if there is a bright side, it’s were pissed off after going 2-1 after first 3 games. I for one got spoiled fast after all those years of sucking. Was hoping for a 4-0 start. 3-1 won’t be so bad.

(09-23-2018, 06:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 06:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Crowd was terrible. Kinda shocked by that.

Live a solid 4 hours away by plane, but I did notice on my stream that after halftime the seats were EMPTY! No clue. Definitely a downer though.

(09-23-2018, 06:16 PM)Jags Wrote: I guess if there is a bright side,  it’s were pissed off after going 2-1 after first 3 games.  I for one got spoiled fast after all those years of sucking.  Was hoping for a 4-0 start.  3-1 won’t be so bad.

Eh I wouldn’t go giving this team any wins before the game is played. Good teams find a way to beat “inferior” teams in close games, especially at home. After the egg they laid today I wouldn’t assume any game is a win until they can prove they can not play down to the competition.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-23-2018, 06:21 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 06:16 PM)Jags Wrote: I guess if there is a bright side,  it’s were pissed off after going 2-1 after first 3 games.  I for one got spoiled fast after all those years of sucking.  Was hoping for a 4-0 start.  3-1 won’t be so bad.

Eh I wouldn’t go giving this team any wins before the game is played. Good teams find a way to beat “inferior” teams in close games, especially at home. After the egg they laid today I wouldn’t assume any game is a win until they can prove they can not play down to the competition.

I was more so looking forward or hoping not so much counting it.  Although, before today I thought 4-0 was possible.  Now, yeah, we’ll see.  But, I’m optimistic.  I think they’ll get their heads out their butts.  They did the same thing last year. On again off again.

(09-23-2018, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 06:21 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Eh I wouldn’t go giving this team any wins before the game is played. Good teams find a way to beat “inferior” teams in close games, especially at home. After the egg they laid today I wouldn’t assume any game is a win until they can prove they can not play down to the competition.

I was more so looking forward or hoping not so much counting it.  Although, before today I thought 4-0 was possible.  Now, yeah, we’ll see.  But, I’m optimistic.  I think they’ll get their heads out their butts.  They did the same thing last year. On again off again.
Gotcha. I admire your optimism. This is a new year and I can’t project this years outcomes on last years success. This team has a bad habit of having games like this, and in my mind that’s a lack of killer instinct. They won’t be considered a dominant team, to me anyway, until they break that trend.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Tacks have Bortles number and I have no idea why. They didn’t even have Adoree for the majority of the game and yet we couldn’t hit some deep passes?

Defense showed up per usual but when the offense was the worst I’ve seen in a long time, they had no breaks.

Plays didn’t go their way today either. Sack fumble and JAGS recover but they call roughing the passer. Huge momentum change. Terrible penalties at the absolute worst times, bad drops and missed throws. Add it up and it’s a 9-6 loss. Couldn’t play worse on offense but expect them to pick it back up next week.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 07:06 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)YourFather Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:55 PM)Jags Wrote: If it wasn’t for the turnaround last season and beatings the patsies last week, I’d be tempted to start calling him Dud Marrone.  A lot went wrong but I put a lot of it on the coaches.

Lets not act like the Patriots are the same team they were two years ago. They are very beatable, especially if you can generate pressure on Brady.

Brilliant analysis. 

They just played in the Superbowl, and that’s ALWAYS been how you beat them.

(09-23-2018, 06:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Crowd was terrible. Kinda shocked by that.

People were dying out there in the sun and heat.  People were in the tunnels, watching the TV at the concession stands, the big tvs on the ground floor and Dailys seats was almost packed people watching on the huge tv.

I was asking myself the same thing last night watching the Vols game.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-23-2018, 07:39 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 06:15 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Why did everyone leave at halftime?

I was asking myself the same thing last night watching the Vols game.

They had a reason to leave.  They were getting blown out by the Gators

You guys are absolutely insane and embarrassing. We lose one game. Chill out. Defense played well. Just gave up big plays at the absolute worst time. Corey Davis making acatch and watching Telvin tackle our CB is a prime example. The Titans are literally built to beat us. Relax. Did we really think. 16-0 was going to happen? Now back to topic of Duds
Play calling was not the same this time. Obviously. No more bears to be said
Chark; this young man is really playing himself into a doghouse. Yes. He is a good gunner on special teams but you don’t get drafted in the second round to be a gunner. His drop today was a drive killer. And while you’d like to see the rookie be able to get back in there I’m honestly glad he didn’t see the field offensively for the rest of the game. The drop was too costly and he had a fumble last week on almost the same play. He really needs to get it together.
Fake Punt; yes this goes somewhat in the play calling section but at the same time I felt like the fake punt wasn’t a good call. Yes if it works it’s genious but our defense was playing well and not to mention it’s an entirely different designed run from the punt formation. Tell me you didn’t see Grant getting the ball when he went in motion and you were the only one watching the game who was fooled.
Not what we were hoping for this weekend but honestly it’s for the best. This feeling sucks. Imagine what the players feel. Jags will rebound in a big way next weekend
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Wells Norwell Shatley Linder Parnell

This should be our line moving forward so long as Cann is injured.

Can Fournette actually play and maybe go back to our identity?
No pain, no gain.

1. The fake punt. Why risk giving them field position, especially that early? The calling card of this team is defense, you can't give away 50 yard chunks.
2. titans uniforms. Couldn't even see the numbers.
3. White over teal pants. Ugh.
3. Yeah, Marrone; Chark, too.
4. The "crowd". Wow. I was surprised there were so many empty seats, then disappointed when 30-40% of the "fans" left at halftime of a 3-3 game.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-23-2018, 04:16 PM)knarnn Wrote: I don’t understand why Reed started over Shatley. We should’ve benched him at halftime.

Didn't Marrone say we were 3 deep on the O-Line? Well, that certainly has proven to be wrong.

Most definitely the crowd. Attendance like that for a team that went to the AFCG last year will get your team moved.
All other football related Duds mean nothing as compared to that.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-24-2018, 07:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Most definitely the crowd. Attendance like that for a team that went to the AFCG last year will get your team moved.
All other football related Duds mean nothing as compared to that.

I agree.. I wish I was in town and didn't have sell my seats for this one because I would have liked to see the stadium in person. on tv it didn't look good.  But in all fairness it was difficult to watch. I mean 3-3 at the half, zero offensive consistency, and after watching the opponent struggle at just about everything on offense of a game that shouldn't even be close, it would make me consider packing it in for the day. Couple all that with the weak attempt to win the game at the end I would have been pissed walking out to car after sitting thru the whole thing.