Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Team IS Blake Bortles

"You will be the land, and the land will be you!"  

This was the description Merlin Gave to Arthur on what it means to be king.  This Defense is deep, and it is going to show up and give this team a chance to win every week.  The question mark every week is going to be how Blake and the offense do.  When Blake plays averge to well, this team will win the vast majority of the games.  When he doesn't put points on the board, or turns the ball over that's going to give teams that have no business beating this team a chance to take our season away from us.  Less than 5 yards per attempt is not good enough, 6 points gets you beat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2018, 05:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: "You will be the land, and the land will be you!"  

This was the description Merlin Gave to Arthur on what it means to be king.  This Defense is deep, and it is going to show up and give this team a chance to win every week.  The question mark every week is going to be how Blake and the offense do.  When Blake plays averge to well, this team will win the vast majority of the games.  When he doesn't put points on the board, or turns the ball over that's going to give teams that have no business beating this team a chance to take our season away from us.  Less than 5 yards per attempt is not good enough, 6 points gets you beat.

You may have noticed that every one of our drops were on the plays that were longer than 10 yards. At least 2 or 3. Then the one long play we get, the refs took from us and gave us a 1st and 20 instead. Blake didn't turn over the ball, and for the most part got it where he needed to. This wasn't on him.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This was on play calling and sloppy wr play

He wasn't good but neither was anyone else from the coaching staff to the rest of the team. Tell me anyone who coached or played good today.

(09-23-2018, 05:14 PM)Rooster Wrote: He wasn't good but neither was anyone else from the coaching staff to the rest of the team.  Tell me anyone who coached or played good today.

The defense? 9 points were given up. I guess they played like crap?

(09-23-2018, 05:14 PM)Rooster Wrote: He wasn't good but neither was anyone else from the coaching staff to the rest of the team.  Tell me anyone who coached or played good today.

Campbell, Telvin, Jackson. Basically all of our defense except on the Mariota scrambles. Lambo was automatic. Dede Westbrook had a couple decent catches. Yeldon had some good plays.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-23-2018, 05:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: "You will be the land, and the land will be you!"  

You may have noticed that every one of our drops were on the plays that were longer than 10 yards. At least 2 or 3. Then the one long play we get, the refs took from us and gave us a 1st and 20 instead. Blake didn't turn over the ball, and for the most part got it where he needed to. This wasn't on him.

How in gods name can u type that with a strait face. What does his guy have to do for u guys to wake up? This is gene smith gus bradley stuff ALL OVER AGAIN

Bortles was TRASH all game long

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 05:24 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-23-2018, 05:21 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 05:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: You may have noticed that every one of our drops were on the plays that were longer than 10 yards. At least 2 or 3. Then the one long play we get, the refs took from us and gave us a 1st and 20 instead. Blake didn't turn over the ball, and for the most part got it where he needed to. This wasn't on him.

How in gods name can u type that with a strait face. What does his guy have to do for u guys to wake up? This is gene smith gus bradley stuff ALL OVER AGAIN

Bortles was TRASH all game long

Nah man, he missed a couple throws early and had passes batted, but he got out of that. The tacks dominated our line and were disrupting everything. And even when Bortles did get things to the WR's they were dropping. We got smacked today.

U realize a qb can be bad for other reasons right? All his tipped passes his reluctance to throw down field, his multiple wide open misses

Just stop, the guys is a bum, plain amd simple. He is a bum

Bortles' mechanics are all sorts of messed up again. His windup is as bad and slow as ever. Last week it was mitigated with longer developing plays and huge pockets. Today it bit him repeatedly when he needed to complete quick developing plays.

(09-23-2018, 05:25 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: U realize a qb can be bad for other reasons right? All his tipped passes his reluctance to throw down field, his multiple wide open misses

Just stop, the guys is a bum, plain amd simple. He is a bum

Did you not expect Bortles to have games like this? He is inconsistent, has and always will be. Still, the game was winnable. It's on coaching. Bortles WILL CONTINUE to have games like this one...and games like the Patriots ones. Good games are coming. This is literally what he is. If you are going to call him a bum today, be sure to call him that when he has good games because it's only up and down with BOAT... no straight line. This game is on Marrone/Hackett and it's not even close.

The entire offense was sloppy, I also say 4 or five misses on guys wide open for first downs. Let be be clear, I'm not Blake Bashing. I like him. At the same time we can point out when he doesn't play well.

As much as I hate to say it, Bortles isn’t the type of QB that can overcome a game where the o-line isn’t playing perfectly. His sketchy mechanics, lack of pocket awareness, and the inability to consistently read the defense pre snap are going to show up when the rest of the team is struggling. This was a chance to show the league that he can put a team on his back when things aren’t going right and he failed miserably.

I, like every other fan what him to be good, but here we are in his 5th year and not a whole lot has changed. May have to start thinking of another option in the off-season.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We draft a QB next year.

(09-23-2018, 06:26 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: We draft a QB next year.

We drafted one this year. If Bortles takes us deep in the playoffs again you still think we move on? I don't.  It's far more likely you get worse rather than better at the position if you do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 07:27 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(09-23-2018, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

We drafted one this year. If Bortles takes us deep in the playoffs again you still think we move on? I don't.  It's far more likely you get worse rather than better at the position if you do.

We spent a 6th round QB who won’t ever be more than a practice squad scout QB. That’s not real competition. And what if Blake don’t take us deep into the playoffs or for that matter make the playoffs? I can realistically see Coughlin spending a high draft pick on a rookie QB to sit behind Bortles until his contract is up. He seriously needs to step up his game up to avoid that from happening.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 07:36 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-23-2018, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

A high draft pick. We may or may not move on, but there will be serious competition for the starting job. If Blake performs, his eventual replacement develops on the bench. Our defense takes a cap ding next year.  We're going to need more consistent offense, which has been a nagging problem with Bortles.

(09-23-2018, 07:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We drafted one this year. If Bortles takes us deep in the playoffs again you still think we move on? I don't.  It's far more likely you get worse rather than better at the position if you do.

A high draft pick. We may or may not move on, but there will be serious competition for the starting job. If Blake performs, his eventual replacement develops on the bench. Our defense takes a cap ding next year.  We're going to need more consistent offense, which has been a nagging problem with Bortles.

So the offense refusal to run the ball has nothing to do with it? Trust me I get on Bortles more than anyone and I hate this screen offense... but refusing to run the ball or throw the ball deep is going to help an inconsistent QB?

(09-23-2018, 07:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I hate this screen offense...

Dude didn't you learn your lesson? They will nitpick your verbiage at the expense of the context at every turn possible. Choose your labels carefully if you want to have a fair dialogue.

I have decided to use dink and dunk or hyper conservative to describe our offense the majority of the time.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 07:55 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(09-23-2018, 07:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 07:38 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I hate this screen offense...

Dude didn't you learn your lesson? They will nitpick your verbiage at the expense of the context at every turn possible. Choose your labels carefully if you want to have a fair dialogue.

I have decided to use dink and dunk or hyper conservative to describe our offense the majority of the time.

I've been naming local high school mascots. They haven't caught on because they aren't true Jacksonville natives.