Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jurrell Casey is right.

(09-25-2018, 12:17 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 12:03 PM)10actyrant Wrote: Anyone that's ever been to Jacksonville knows that North Florida contains a special kind of redneckery you won't even find in Tennessee... so uhhhh i'm guessing the people that talk about incest don't actually live in Jax.

I concur.  I lived there for 4 years.  Huge areas of major white trash including the beach areas (but excluding PVB).  Went back a couple of years ago when I was in the area for a law conference, and looked pretty much the same.  UNF campus has gotten better though.

I respectfully disagree; I think overall Jax is a great city. Like all other cities it has its bright spots and down areas. 

Jokes aside, I love visiting Nashville. The downtown life, the bridge over the river, etc really thrill me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 12:42 PM by Fred Jones-Brunell.)

This is what this section has come to? “We aren’t Super Bowl teams but neither are you,”? Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, the Titans are built to beat the Jags. It’s shown the last few seasons. That being said, you also play other teams. Teams you aren’t not built to beat. Kudos to the Titans for whipping us the last three games. No love lost, they won straight up. However, I’ll take two loses to the Titans and a division title any year.

PS, Nashville is a FANTASTIC city. The steady stream of bachelorette parties is easy pickings and the hockey team brought a new found area of excitement on top of an already fun city.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

this entire board is living in the past

"i'll take a loss to the titans and a route to the afc championship any time"

guess what, you aren't even first in your division right now. the path to the AFC Championship runs through US right now and you cant hang. better nut up, tarpkitties

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 02:10 PM by haveaseat.)

(09-25-2018, 01:26 PM)VondyP Wrote: this entire board is living in the past

guess what, you aren't even first in your division right now. the path to the AFC Championship runs through US right now and you cant hang. better nut up, tarpkitties

Titans fans be like

Week 3: It runs through us.

Week 11: *tears* But we talked so much trash.

(09-25-2018, 12:33 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 12:17 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I concur.  I lived there for 4 years.  Huge areas of major white trash including the beach areas (but excluding PVB).  Went back a couple of years ago when I was in the area for a law conference, and looked pretty much the same.  UNF campus has gotten better though.

I respectfully disagree; I think overall Jax is a great city. Like all other cities it has its bright spots and down areas. 

Jokes aside, I love visiting Nashville. The downtown life, the bridge over the river, etc really thrill me.

Will never forget working my night job and having a toothless meth head white guy stick a gun in my face in order to get $50 out of the cash register.  

There were certainly some nice areas of town, but the overall vibe I got was not good.  Some really awesome people though.  There was one older lady who knew I was a student and she would cook breakfast every Saturday morning and bring it up to me.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-25-2018, 02:10 PM)haveaseat Wrote:

Titans fans be like

Blake Bortles is your quarterback.

Did you just tell us to stop living in the past and then call us tarpkitties? Shouldn't we be called notarpkitties if we're not in the past anymore?
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(09-25-2018, 03:36 PM)10actyrant Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:10 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Titans fans be like

/thread

(09-25-2018, 06:18 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 03:36 PM)10actyrant Wrote: Blake Bortles is your quarterback.

/thread

No, no, the snap you heard was Mary Otter breaking another bone.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-25-2018, 08:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 06:18 PM)Psychop1 Wrote: /thread

No, no, the snap you heard was Mary Otter breaking another bone.
Sure that wasn't one of the Jag defenders' ankles on one of the Mariota runs?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 08:52 PM by SeldomRite.)

I hate to even join into threads this ridiculous, but it's hard to understand a titans fan casting aspersion on anyone's QB when your QB is yet to throw a TD this season but has as many interceptions as Bortles with 78 less pass attempts.

(09-25-2018, 08:51 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I hate to even join into threads this ridiculous, but it's hard to understand a titans fan casting aspersion on anyone's QB when your QB is yet to throw a TD this season but has as many interceptions as Bortles with 78 less pass attempts.

Injured Mary was much better than bottles though. You watched the game right?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-25-2018, 09:12 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:51 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I hate to even join into threads this ridiculous, but it's hard to understand a titans fan casting aspersion on anyone's QB when your QB is yet to throw a TD this season but has as many interceptions as Bortles with 78 less pass attempts.

Bortles was terrible, but that doesn't mean little Mary impressed me by any means.

(09-25-2018, 09:12 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:

Yep, a tough week with a 3 point loss in the expected letdown against a team that has our number. Watching the game even you have to admit Bottles got little help from his skill guys, it wasnt just the QB who played poorly.

But we also watched the week before where our guy torched the patsies while your guy was on the bench nursing his girlfriend back to health. What are you going to do when he can't answer the bell again next week or the week after, Austin Davis? Good luck with that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-25-2018, 03:36 PM)10actyrant Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:10 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Titans fans be like

And yours is?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Have you been to a tack home game? Do you have fans? Even hiding behind PSLs, the tacks are below Jags in attendance. 

Get that runner up/sweep banner ready.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Difference is we haven't extended Mariota like you guys have with Bortles. You're stuck with him.

(09-26-2018, 10:33 AM)10actyrant Wrote: Difference is we haven't extended Mariota like you guys have with Bortles. You're stuck with him.

Bortles' contract has an out clause after 2019. The Jags are free to make changes if they decide to do that. 
It's more likely that Blake goes on to have several good games this season - like he did last year. 

The inconsistency will likely prove too tough to take for the front office by 2020 though.  Could see his replacement drafted or signed in 2019 if he puts up too many ugly games like week 3.  Still a big if at the moment.

(09-26-2018, 12:05 PM)VondyP Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 06:10 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: Did you just tell us to stop living in the past and then call us tarpkitties? Shouldn't we be called notarpkitties if we're not in the past anymore?

well since you still cant sell out your stadium... NO, you remain the tarpkitties

The Jags are averaging 4400 more tickets sold per game this season than the tacks. 

Try harder troll.  You're just making yourself look even more stupid, though I'm surprised that's even possible at this point. 

We've got some tarps to sell you if you keep struggling though. We don't need 'em.

(09-26-2018, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 12:05 PM)VondyP Wrote: well since you still cant sell out your stadium... NO, you remain the tarpkitties

The Jags are averaging 4400 more tickets sold per game this season than the tacks. 

Try harder troll.  You're just making yourself look even more stupid, though I'm surprised that's even possible at this point. 

We've got some tarps to sell you if you keep struggling though. We don't need 'em.

maybe you guys should buy some Ws with all that extra money

oh wait you you already tried that in free agency and failed! LOL