Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jurrell Casey is right.

(11-13-2018, 12:04 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Bortles doesn't play for my team and I too hope like hell that the Titans sign Mariota to a huge contract.

Hey watt, didnt you say the titans would give up alot of points? Prepare to be scored on often? Guess you're pretty shocked at how wrong you were.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2018, 05:22 PM)VondyP Wrote:
(11-12-2018, 12:59 PM)Jags239 Wrote: My bad, your right. Because I see it differently than you I’m ignorant. Great analysis.

no you are ignorant because you have no idea what you are talking about. mariota FREQUENTLY carries this team. he's been doing it for years. most 4th quarter comebacks in the league over the last few years. but again... you are ignorant to the truth because you want to believe the jags stand a chance. 

it's okay... they dont though

He has 8 in 50 games, heck Osweiler has 5 in 35 games. Cherry picking stats isn’t going to change my opinion. He’s on pace for 14TD/10INT this year. Has nothing to do with the Jags, I know they aren’t gonna make the playoffs this year. I’m not saying anything about the texans or colts because they have QBs. Be sure to CAPITALIZE the points of emphasis again, I would lose track if you didn’t.

Injured Mariota carried his team to beat this crappy team and their great Defense (Jags). When Gabbert was playing it was clear Jags were gonna win, then Mariota comes in and just owned the Jags.

Seriously Jags fans just shut up you have no right to talk, this Defense is overrated, Ramsey looks like a clown, Fournette is mediocre at best, Bortles is probably not even a top 40 QB in this league.

(11-13-2018, 12:04 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Injured Mariota carried his team to beat this crappy team and their great Defense (Jags). When Gabbert was playing it was clear Jags were gonna win, then Mariota comes in and just owned the Jags.

Seriously Jags fans just shut up you have no right to talk, this Defense is overrated, Ramsey looks like a clown, Fournette is mediocre at best, Bortles is probably not even a top 40 QB in this league.

Among starting QBs Bortles is ranked 26th in passer rating and 17th in passing yards.  Mariota is 23rd in rating and 28th in yards.  I think Bortles is a little better than the much over-hyped Mariota.

And the Jags D is more talented than the Tacks, even if they haven't played to their potential.  Ramsey has more raw talent than anyone in the secondaries of either team.  He just needs to get out of his feelings and get his focus right.  Fournette isn't mediocre.  He's a very good back when healthy.

But keep hating on the home team, troll.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(11-13-2018, 12:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 12:04 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Injured Mariota carried his team to beat this crappy team and their great Defense (Jags). When Gabbert was playing it was clear Jags were gonna win, then Mariota comes in and just owned the Jags.

Among starting QBs Bortles is ranked 26th in passer rating and 17th in passing yards.  Mariota is 23rd in rating and 28th in yards.  I think Bortles is a little better than the much over-hyped Mariota.

And the Jags D is more talented than the Tacks, even if they haven't played to their potential.  Ramsey has more raw talent than anyone in the secondaries of either team.  He just needs to get out of his feelings and get his focus right.  Fournette isn't mediocre.  He's a very good back when healthy.

Titans 5-4
Jags 3-6

That's all that matters, not to mention Titans own the Jags every time.

BTW Mariota has missed 2 or 3 games.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 02:59 PM by SamusAranX.)

Take of the teal glasses. While I don’t think Mariota is a Great QB, he is definitely better than Bortles at this point in their respective careers

(11-13-2018, 12:42 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

All that "talent" and they are uncapable of having a winning record.

You are right, Fournette is not mediocre, a mediocre RB would at least have 3.5 yards per carry, not a laughable 2.8 ypc LOL

(11-13-2018, 12:51 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Take of the teal glasses. While I don’t think Mariota is a Great QB, he is definitely better than Bortles at this point in their respective careers

My teal glasses are off. If you gave me the option between Bortles and Mariota I would probably go with Mariota, but that’s like picking between the 23rd & 24th best starting QBs. The only thing different is one is most likely heading to the bench and one is gonna get near top of the market money. I as a fan of either team would want something more than that.

(11-13-2018, 01:00 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 12:04 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Bortles doesn't play for my team and I too hope like hell that the Titans sign Mariota to a huge contract.

Hey watt, didnt you say the titans would give up alot of points? Prepare to be scored on often? Guess you're pretty shocked at how wrong you were.

And this has what to do with Mariota???

BTW

I was right about our defense improving with RAC in charge, but I'll give Vrabel his props..he's doing a good job in Tenn.

You only come around when this team is bad.

(11-13-2018, 03:25 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 12:51 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Take of the teal glasses. While I don’t think Mariota is a Great QB, he is definitely better than Bortles at this point in their respective careers

My teal glasses are off. If you gave me the option between Bortles and Mariota I would probably go with Mariota, but that’s like picking between the 23rd & 24th best starting QBs. The only thing different is one is most likely heading to the bench and one is gonna get near top of the market money. I as a fan of either team would want something more than that.

mariota is LEAGUES better than bortles... only jags fans think otherwise

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018, 07:04 PM by SamusAranX.)

(11-13-2018, 05:38 PM)VondyP Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 03:25 PM)Jags239 Wrote: My teal glasses are off. If you gave me the option between Bortles and Mariota I would probably go with Mariota, but that’s like picking between the 23rd & 24th best starting QBs. The only thing different is one is most likely heading to the bench and one is gonna get near top of the market money. I as a fan of either team would want something more than that.

mariota is LEAGUES better than bortles... only jags fans think otherwise

Bortles 
102 TD
72 INT (2.8) percent rate 
59.4 completion percentage 
17269 yds career 

Mariota 
65 TD
39 INT (2.6) percentage 
62.5 completion percentage 
10974 yds career 

Wouldn’t quite say leagues in all calls better, but I give the slight nod to Mariota for being slightly more accurate and a bit less INT prone. Bortles has one year on Mariota but removing it from the comparison helps him as 2014 was by far his worst. When Mariota stepped in for his rookie year he did quite decent. 

The one quality that Bortles has on Mariota is durability. Mariota seems to get hurt a bit more often. 
I’m not sure what the point of this was anyway, because neither would be a QB I’d build my franchise around but that’s just me

(11-13-2018, 05:26 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:

You only come around when this team is bad.

So? cry me a river

(11-13-2018, 09:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 05:26 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You only come around when this team is bad.

So? cry me a river

So you're a little [BLEEP], was my point.

(11-13-2018, 09:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 05:26 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: You only come around when this team is bad.

So? cry me a river

So.. you freely admit that you're a front (who's not even in the front) running troll!???

I don't get your angle here..?

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018, 07:21 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(11-14-2018, 12:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 09:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So? cry me a river

So you're a little [BLEEP], was my point.

Again, so? You think I care about your opinion? Lol

(11-14-2018, 03:44 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 09:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So? cry me a river

So.. you freely admit that you're a front (who's not even in the front) running troll!???

I know you don't. 

Don't try to put words in my mouth, that's lame.

Sweet.

Where's my popcorn...

(11-14-2018, 07:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 12:01 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: So you're a little [BLEEP], was my point.

Again, so? You think I care about your opinion? Lol

(11-14-2018, 03:44 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: So.. you freely admit that you're a front (who's not even in the front) running troll!???

I know you don't. 

How the hell am I putting words in your mouth?.. The guy accused you of being a troll who only crawls out from under your bridge when the Jags suck and your response was "So..".

(11-14-2018, 10:16 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 07:20 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Again, so? You think I care about your opinion? Lol

I know you don't. 

How the hell am I putting words in your mouth?.. The guy accused you of being a troll who only crawls out from under your bridge when the Jags suck and your response was "So..".

I'm pretty sure his shoe size is higher than his IQ.  Probably not worth the time.

(11-13-2018, 07:02 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 05:38 PM)VondyP Wrote: mariota is LEAGUES better than bortles... only jags fans think otherwise

Bortles 
102 TD
72 INT (2.8) percent rate 
59.4 completion percentage 
17269 yds career 

Mariota 
65 TD
39 INT (2.6) percentage 
62.5 completion percentage 
10974 yds career 

Wouldn’t quite say leagues in all calls better, but I give the slight nod to Mariota for being slightly more accurate and a bit less INT prone. Bortles has one year on Mariota but removing it from the comparison helps him as 2014 was by far his worst. When Mariota stepped in for his rookie year he did quite decent. 

The one quality that Bortles has on Mariota is durability. Mariota seems to get hurt a bit more often. 
I’m not sure what the point of this was anyway, because neither would be a QB I’d build my franchise around but that’s just me

the main difference is that mariota regularly wins games in the clutch and bortles loses them.
also mariota didnt have allen robinson to heave balls to early in his career and pad his stats when they were already getting blown out.