Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I support Doug Marrone as our Head coach

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 07:13 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I have seen some disturbing messages in several threads about how Marrone sucks.  Just mind boggling.  This is the same coach who morphed the losing Jaguar organization to Super Bowl contenders.  He has not been perfect and you could even question the logic in a couple of games but this team is still legit contenders.  Division games are always the toughest because opponents know each other so well.  The Titans are our daddy's like the Giants are the Patriots.  This team is still 2-1 and has a shot to bounce back next week. 

While I do blame the coaching today for abandoning the running game and taking very few shots downfield there are things you cannot blame on coaches. The fake punt was also really a bad decision.

Things that cannot be blamed on coaches:

-Jackson gets flagged for roughing the passer on a 3rd and long.  This gives the titans there first points

-Bad Blake showed up today.  He was missing easy 3rd down backbreaking passes.  Last week he was on the money but today he threw like he drank a Fifth of Henne before the game.

-Cole was making ridiculous Beckham like catches last week.  This week he had butter fingers.  3 key drops maybe more.

-Pass protection was terrible.  Reed should be flat out cut after this game.

-After making the right call to punt late in the game the defense was too gassed to make a stop from the offense going 3 and out most of the day.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2018, 07:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have seen some disturbing messages in several threads about how Marrone sucks.  Just mind boggling.  This is the same coach who morphed the losing Jaguar organization to Super Bowl contenders.  He has not been perfect and you could even question the logic in a couple of games but this team is still legit contenders.  Division games are always the toughest because opponents know each other so well.  The Titans are our daddy's like the Giants are the Patriots.  This team is still 2-1 and has a shot to bounce back next week. 

While I do blame the coaching today for abandoning the running game and taking very few shots downfield there are things you cannot blame on coaches.

-Jackson gets flagged for roughing the passer on a 3rd and long.  This gives the titans there first points

-Bad Blake showed up today.  He was missing easy 3rd down backbreaking passes.  Last week he was on the money but today he threw like he drank a Fifth of Henne before the game.

-Cole was making ridiculous Beckham like catches last week.  This week he had butter fingers.  3 key drops maybe more.

-After making the right call to punt late in the game the defense was too gassed to make a stop from the offense going 3 and out most of the day.

Two people want Marrone out, those who hate us and those who whine about everything always.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-23-2018, 07:10 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have seen some disturbing messages in several threads about how Marrone sucks.  Just mind boggling.  This is the same coach who morphed the losing Jaguar organization to Super Bowl contenders.  He has not been perfect and you could even question the logic in a couple of games but this team is still legit contenders.  Division games are always the toughest because opponents know each other so well.  The Titans are our daddy's like the Giants are the Patriots.  This team is still 2-1 and has a shot to bounce back next week. 

While I do blame the coaching today for abandoning the running game and taking very few shots downfield there are things you cannot blame on coaches.  The fake punt was also really a bad decision.

That right there is the reason you go for it. not punt it. it was the wrong call, no way around it.

While I do blame the coaching today for abandoning the running game and taking very few shots downfield there are things you cannot blame on coaches.  The fake punt was also really a bad decision.

You start by blaming coaching. Then... can't blame coaching? This game was purely coaching. Bad Blake? How can you succeed when you don't run or throw down field? Cole? What did you expect him to be a #1? LOL. Pass pro? Seemed ok. Right call after seeing the D is gassed.... literally are you Marrone? Yes MOST OF THE DAY the D was 3 and out, but if you saw the drive literally before the D couldn't do it. It was obvious to the most casual fan. Marrone is trash. He is the reason we lost the AFCCG, and is confirming he has learned nothing at all.

I support Maroon also. The offense just stunk against a good D. Defense did their job holding them to 9pts. Offense gotta score points and sustain drives to give the D rest. Time for a real NFL qb who can run a real pro style offense.

All Marrone did was take the team to the AFC Championship game his first year. My God, some of you are fickle.

I blame Hackett more than Marrone.

(09-23-2018, 07:27 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I blame Hackett more than Marrone.

Marrone sets the tone, not the OC. Just like in the AFCCG when the Jags both on offense and defense played soft in 2nd half. You think that the safe offensive calls and zone D was a coincidence? Yeah fire Hackett and Wash... it'll all change...

Doug had a winning record in Buffalo with EJ Manuel for his QB. That alone should have got him coach of the year.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

He took the team to the AFC Title game with millioms of dollars invested on defense, and some miracles. Barely won the division. Overall he is a mediocre coach at best, see Mularkey and Del Rio.

He had bad decisions today but he’s way away from being fired and I’m not sure why you’d advocate such

(09-23-2018, 07:36 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Doug had a winning record in Buffalo with EJ Manuel for his QB. That alone should have got him coach of the year.

15-17 is mediocre.

His true colors are showing just like they were in Buffalo before he left like a coward.

His in-game management the silly punts on fourth-and-short from the plus side of the 50-yard-line, his unimaginative offense that he entrusted to his in-over-his-head coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, and his inability to get anything out of the offensive line which was supposed to be his specialty. I didn't think he was a bad coach, just one who needed to be more aggressive in his approach. But it seems as if he is still the same in Jacksonville.

Tough loss today. Any Jag fan trying to run him out of town is a fool. To the tacks fan trying to sew discord, solid work sir.

I don't think DM is a bad coach, but I do think he is a terrible evaluator of situational football. Today was not the first or last time DM will leave you scratching your head.

Marrone is a very good coach but Hackett's offensive game plan today was pretty bad and the HC is ultimately responsible.

Relax. We are 1 FG from being 3-0.

If we were in the preseason and I said we would be 2-1 and we would finally beat Brady then you would take it.

We lost by 3 points we didn’t get blowed out. Relax guys m. This team is still Suoer Bowl bound.

Enjoy this time as a Jag fan. We went through a decade of losing and now weee 2-1 with 1 loss of 3 points. We still have a suffocating defense and we were missing Fournette.

Chark is still developing. Westbrook and Cole are still maturing. Blake is still playing decent. And we had our backup LT and RB in there today. We are still an elite team.

Meanwhile the Vikings got throttled by Josh Allen today and Aaron Rodgers got beat.

This is the NFL. There’s ups and downs.

(09-23-2018, 08:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't think DM is a bad coach, but I do think he is a terrible evaluator of situational football. Today was not the first or last time DM will leave you scratching your head.

Being a good situational football coach could put you in thr top 10 coaches. But he clearly is not. Thats where the main issue lays.

(09-23-2018, 08:34 PM)I’m YourFather Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 08:08 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't think DM is a bad coach, but I do think he is a terrible evaluator of situational football. Today was not the first or last time DM will leave you scratching your head.

Being a good situational football coach could put you in thr top 10 coaches. But he clearly is not. Thats where the main issue lays.

Doug has surpassed all of our expectations since taking over. We lost by 3 points to a scrappy team.

See you next game. We’re moving on to the Jets.

The team came back after losses last year and put up great performances. It's one game... that we lost 38-16 last year. 9-6 you can't even say the better team won this game.. just not the right team.
No pain, no gain.

(09-23-2018, 07:27 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I blame Hackett more than Marrone.

^^^this

occasionally Hackett will pull stuff together like last week impress. But it seems more often than not I'm left underwhelmed by the play calling. I get Bortles isn't brees, arod, or brady, but good lord Hackett doesn't do him any favors with the inconsistent trash he throws out there every week.