Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What to look for in week 4

We will be facing a team that just lost to the Browns. However we have a good chance to go in to week 5 back in first place. The loss to the Titans is not as bad as it seems.

The Titans face the Eagles and Wentz is looking sharp. 

The Texans can hopefully knock off the Colts just to bury them even further. Luck has some elite plays and then he holds the ball and gets sacked way too much and makes stupid plays.

Not that we need help this early but week 5 we could be back on top again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My only worry from yesterday is that we gave a game away, you can afford to do that in the NFL, I don't see many 14 win teams this year but we have a tough schedule this year, we can't afford too many dropped games without it having an impact come December/January. 

The last week was fun but seeing us as SB favourites, this team is the best since....maybe having a kick in the nuts will wake this team up. You have to show up every week or that will happen.

We need to try and keep guys healthy, only week 3 and we have already lost two starters for the year.

But I'm not going to let one bad game change the confidence I have in these players and coaches. I expect that aggression and that focus back on Sunday.

R E L A X!

Week 3 needed a momentum changer and unfortunately ours ended up being a double headed snake that negated a turnover and forced a game changer to play in pain. His martyrdom inflated the Titans’ sails.

Bortles does not perform well when he needs to carry the team for a few plays until his playmakers regain their confidence/intensity.

Week 4 they need to bench Charl and give Greene a shot and see if that sends a message to the team. Greene is a veteran and can provide leadership to the other receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 01:50 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-24-2018, 05:34 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We will be facing a team that just lost to the Browns. However we have a good chance to go in to week 5 back in first place. The loss to the Titans is not as bad as it seems.

The Titans face the Eagles and Wentz is looking sharp. 

The Texans can hopefully knock off the Colts just to bury them even further. Luck has some elite plays and then he holds the ball and gets sacked way too much and makes stupid plays.

Not that we need help this early but week 5 we could be back on top again.

That's a good Browns team that they lost to though. They're honestly just missing a kicker. They should be 3 - 0 instead of 1 - 1 - 1. 

I agree with that loss on Sunday. It's not as bad as it seems. It was an ugly dog fight. The offense didn't do enough to get it done but at least on a positive note they managed to walk out of there without turning the football over. We were all riding a high coming off that New England victory. You could make the case that them losing this past Sunday was a good learning experience and to also remind them that they need to stay a bit more grounded with their approach. 

As far as the Jets. Darnold has been off to a rough start. Since the season opener against the Lions he's progressively regressed as a passer. His completion percentage has gone down. And he's now thrown just one TD pass against four INT's in his last two games. And his INT's typically end up going back to the house. 

This is the game where the defense really needs to shine. This is a rookie QB. He's struggling in the pocket. He hasn't really displayed any mobility outside of the pocket. And he's turned it over more than once in every contest. 

The primary concern on defense is figuring out a way to limit Crowell and Powell's impact in the running game. You take them out of the equation early and it should be a relatively easy day defensively for us. 

Now, defensively for them? They've got a pretty good team on that side of the ball. And much like last week against the tacks. The offense is going to have to figure out when and where to attack and they're going to have to execute it. You can't play like [BLEEP] against this defense. They'll make you pay for it. So far they've forced six fumbles on the year with five of them being recovered. They've had five interceptions with one of them going back to the house. And they're not shy of blitzing from any and all positions on the football field. 

Bortles will need to keep his head on a swivle in this one. I expect another dog fight until this offense and coaching staff can prove that the New England performance we saw wasn't a fluke. Because between the Giants and tacks game they really have left a lot to be desired.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Browns aren’t a bad team this year. Just don’t know how to deal a game
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Anxiously awaiting injury updates on AJ Cann and DJ Hayden. Fournette better be back

Looking forward to seeing a W.

And a win streak beyond this game, tbh.

Probably another scary cowardly game plan. If you’re gonna be selectively scared of your quarterback then go get another one. Can’t continue to go into games scared to let your qb be a qb. Been like this for a minute now and they continue to do it.

Facing an inferior opponent on the verge of a possible AFC showdown quarter season matchup can get players forgetting the task at hand. I really want to see the team show up and kick the Jets [BLEEP]. If the gameplan goes bad, I guess Marrone is sandbagging?

I don’t think this will be easy and it could be another low-scoring battle which could go either way.

Their defense is capable of limiting our offense, so it will probably hinge on whether our defense can score off some rookie mistakes by Darnold.

(09-26-2018, 04:20 AM)P. Haze Wrote: Probably another scary cowardly game plan. If you’re gonna be selectively scared of your quarterback then go get another one. Can’t continue to go into games scared to let your qb be a qb. Been like this for a minute now and they continue to do it.

I am with you on that one and it looks like they are at least shopping, finally.

(09-26-2018, 06:27 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 04:20 AM)P. Haze Wrote: Probably another scary cowardly game plan. If you’re gonna be selectively scared of your quarterback then go get another one. Can’t continue to go into games scared to let your qb be a qb. Been like this for a minute now and they continue to do it.

I am with you on that one and it looks like they are at least shopping, finally.

Evidenced by the 3 year contract they just gave Blake Bortles. U high?

A win!

I’m looking for the defense to be mad about last week as Fournette to come in and make a difference.

(09-26-2018, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m looking for the defense to be mad about last week as Fournette to come in and make a difference.

I think the Defense is pretty mad about last week. Telvin said the loss to the tacks was 100% on the defense. They could not get off the field and give the offense more chances to get somthing going.

(09-26-2018, 06:53 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 06:27 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: I am with you on that one and it looks like they are at least shopping, finally.

Evidenced by the 3 year contract they just gave Blake Bortles. U high?

I think we could end up with a high dollar back up QB.

19 points off.

(09-26-2018, 04:20 AM)P. Haze Wrote: Probably another scary cowardly game plan. If you’re gonna be selectively scared of your quarterback then go get another one. Can’t continue to go into games scared to let your qb be a qb. Been like this for a minute now and they continue to do it.

Laughing

Without the 3 turnovers we could have got atleast another 7 to 10 points. Also Bouye had a pick 6 that clanked off his chest. We left points on the field but to whoever said another cowardly game plan....I would say we had a great plan from the start.