Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA “agrees to sell Wembley to Khan”: UPDATE - Khan withdraws offer

According to the news over here, the FA will approve the sale of Wembley to Shad Khan tomorrow.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...n-for-600m

I guess there were no better offers.

Brace yourselves for more misplaced speculation...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2018, 05:02 AM)Andy G Wrote: According to the news over here, the FA will approve the sale of Wembley to Shad Khan tomorrow.

This after seeing like 20K fans in the stands after a Pats win..... doesn't surprise me one bit. Build that brand baby.

(09-26-2018, 05:56 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 05:02 AM)Andy G Wrote: According to the news over here, the FA will approve the sale of Wembley to Shad Khan tomorrow.

This after seeing like 20K fans in the stands after a Pats win..... doesn't surprise me one bit. Build that brand baby.

64k sold, but you keep trying.

(09-26-2018, 05:56 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

I don’t see the link.

The latest development is the English Football Association is making a decision on whether to sell Wembley.

Are you suggesting they are making that decision tomorrow because they are worried about the attendance at the Titans game?

The timing is coincidental.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 09:03 AM by JagsorDie.)

(09-26-2018, 07:44 AM)Andy G Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 05:56 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: This after seeing like 20K fans in the stands after a Pats win..... doesn't surprise me one bit. Build that brand baby.

I don’t see the link.

The latest development is the English Football Association is making a decision on whether to sell Wembley.

Are you suggesting they are making that decision tomorrow because they are worried about the attendance at the Titans game?

Not uhh… Khan has 4 letters in his name and it is week FOUR(4 letters), we buy Wembley one week after loss, titans and London both have 6 letters in their names.... coincidences??? I think not... Full melt down panic mode ENGAGED.

(09-26-2018, 09:02 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 07:44 AM)Andy G Wrote: I don’t see the link.

Not uhh… Khan has 4 letters in his name and it is week FOUR(4 letters), we buy Wembley one week after loss, titans and London both have 6 letters in their names.... coincidences??? I think not... Full melt down panic mode ENGAGED.

To quote Mel Gibson from the movie "Signs". "What if there are no coincidences?"  [insert spooky music]

Naah.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 09:15 AM by VondyP.)

Well since you guys can't even manage to sell out a division rivalry game I guess you get to move to london after all:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...uars-move/

"The Financial Times writes that if Khan is able to complete the Wembley purchase, England’s Football Association “will vacate the premises over the autumn months when the Jaguars play NFL games, with Mr Khan harbouring ambitious plans to bring his US American football franchise to London.” The Daily Mail writes that “Khan made it clear that owning Wembley would ‘protect the Jaguars’ position in London’. He will need approval from the NFL to make that happen.”

Titans beat the Jags so bad that they want to leave the country. Tuck those tails kitties and scurry on over the pond.

(09-26-2018, 09:15 AM)VondyP Wrote: Well since you guys can't even manage to sell out a division rivalry game I guess you get to move to london after all:

"The Financial Times writes that if Khan is able to complete the Wembley purchase, England’s Football Association “will vacate the premises over the autumn months when the Jaguars play NFL games, with Mr Khan harbouring ambitious plans to bring his US American football franchise to London.” The Daily Mail writes that “Khan made it clear that owning Wembley would ‘protect the Jaguars’ position in London’. He will need approval from the NFL to make that happen.”

It's The Daily Mail for crying out loud. That's England's equivalent of The National Inquirer.

Jags are outselling the stinking tacks.

(09-26-2018, 09:17 AM)14and3 Wrote: Titans beat the Jags so bad that they want to leave the country. Tuck those tails kitties and scurry on over the pond.

Yeah...this is the first time this subject has ever been discussed.

Dimwit.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-26-2018, 09:15 AM)VondyP Wrote: Well since you guys can't even manage to sell out a division rivalry game I guess you get to move to london after all:

You should really read the articles you post a little more.

"So while Khan might be just a day away from buying Wembley, and might have aspirations to own the first overseas NFL team, the reality is there are still big obstacles in his way. Combine all those obstacles with the fact that Jacksonville fans have been supporting the Jaguars in large numbers this year, and it seems unlikely that we’ll see the Jacksonville Jaguars become the London Jaguars"

(09-26-2018, 09:18 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:17 AM)14and3 Wrote: Titans beat the Jags so bad that they want to leave the country. Tuck those tails kitties and scurry on over the pond.

Yeah...this is the first time this subject has ever been discussed.

Dimwit.

Yeah came up twice last year too right? Lol

(09-26-2018, 09:21 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

"So while Khan might be just a day away from buying Wembley, and might have aspirations to own the first overseas NFL team, the reality is there are still big obstacles in his way. Combine all those obstacles with the fact that Jacksonville fans have been supporting the Jaguars in large numbers this year, and it seems unlikely that we’ll see the Jacksonville Jaguars become the London Jaguars"

NFL teams do move though especially in today's environment. Who knows, we might see the Mexico City stinkin' tacks sooner than you think

(09-26-2018, 09:21 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Judging from the response here after the Titans game, Jaguar fans seem quick to abandon a sinking ship.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 09:39 AM by Jagwired.)

What does a Tennessee virgin say after her first sexual experience?

Git off me paw you is crushin my smokes!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: 492514c000ebffb0835bfdeac473b99d.jpeg]

Mods

Please ban the trolls.

They will keep denying moving to london right up until they move to london. Sorry jags. thought this talk went away
[Image: incredulous.gif]

In all reality, London is pretty much the NYC of Europe. The Jags tickets vs the Eagles are raking in $500 per ticket on the resale market for very average seats (lower corners). Of course this is against the SB Champs and it is a novelty given the fact those same fans have never paid for a stinking preseason game but it is very intriguing. I've gotten to the point where I'm immune of the subject matter and would actually be open to splitting our home games w/ London (if they take one of our preseason games as well). I'm ~ 6-8 years from retirement and plan to travel a lot so maybe I'll get the best of both worlds as I travel over there to see Fulham FC win the Premier League by then.

(09-26-2018, 09:58 AM)Perkolater Wrote: Mods

Please ban the trolls.

I agree mods. Ban these people who can’t discuss football without reverting to incest jokes.