Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA “agrees to sell Wembley to Khan”: UPDATE - Khan withdraws offer

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 11:19 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

(09-28-2018, 06:35 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 03:49 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Lets also not forget the Brexit situation happening in the UK. If the UK leaves the EU, then the "international" market (or lack thereof) in London might not actually be that appealing to an NFL Franchise. The economy in the UK would suffer greatly if the UK cant reach an agreement with the EU. The fact that London was the financial capital and probably the most international city in Europe made it an interesting consideration for NFL owners, but all of that might change if the Brexit goes through. Im sure Khan will consider that, at least he will wait what the actual impact will look like before moving the team.

People are afraid of change.  And EU leaders are afraid of losing power.  London, and the UK, will be fine if they leave the EU.  All the hand wringing is just political theatre.  

As far as the Jags are concerned, I cant see how this would make any difference on us moving to London.

Economically speaking, the UK hardly produces anything anymore, and the things they do produce rely on European imports of parts (and labour). Most of their economy relies on imports. I also dont see them being the financial capital of Europe after brexit anymore, for obvious reasons. 
I agree that some of the political hand wringing is theater, but the EU will want to shatter any ideas that other EU countries might have about leaving the EU, which is why they will be hard on the UK. EU leaders being "afraid of losing power" seems a little bit vague of an argument. Yes, the EU will want to keep the EU together, but thats precisely why they would go extra hard on the UK for leaving, as mentioned above. I think this will have pretty big consequences, but that remains to be seen.

Of course, it is hard to say what impact this might have on the Jaguars. I think its interesting how this might shape the future of the NFL in the UK. Not sure they would even call it "NFL Europe" anymore   Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA “agrees to sell Wembley to Khan” - by SignMeUpAtQB - 10-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Khan pulls out of Wembley purchase - by 3/4 Back - 10-17-2018, 10:49 AM
RE: Khan pulls out of Wembley purchase - by FBT - 10-18-2018, 11:27 AM