Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The return of arguably the most hated kicker in Jags history

Information 

Jason Myers is coming to town:
Quote:Former Jaguars kicker Jason Myers won a preseason competition with Taylor Bertolet for a job with the Jets. Myers has made all five of his attempts this season with a long of 55. He’s eight of nine on point-after tries after missing 12 of those in 38 games in Jacksonville. ...

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile/ar...-597968192

I hope the game comes down to an extra point and Meyers shanks it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don’t know, Matt Turk was hated a lot too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Really? Life is way to short for me to rank most hated kickers. I mean wasn't Meyers part of the Gus Bus? I hope the kid does well, just not this Sunday.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-26-2018, 08:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I don’t know, Matt Turk was hated a lot too.
Matt Turk was by far the most hated. He not only sucked, but openly taunted the fans about it. Myers never taunted at least.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

you should actually read what Decomilis said about meyers. Said he wished he was still here said his work ethic and his leg was world class he just got it in his head and he started missing said was a great kid .

(09-26-2018, 09:43 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: you should actually read what Decomilis said about meyers. Said he wished he was still here said his work ethic and his leg was world class he just got it in his head and he started missing said was a great kid .

Basically what we all kind of thought.

That being said, Lambo is the man.

(09-26-2018, 08:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I don’t know, Matt Turk was hated a lot too.

Turk was a punter

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 04:29 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I guess it worked out for both teams and players. Josh Lambo was a god send last season. Seemed like Myers missed half his extra point attempts for the Jaguars.
No pain, no gain.

(09-26-2018, 09:43 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: you should actually read what Decomilis said about meyers. Said he wished he was still here said his work ethic and his leg was world class he just got it in his head and he started missing said was a great kid .

Exactly, sometimes kickers just can't seem to make the kick and then when they move to a different team they finally clear their head and start doing great.

Lambo was dumped in San Diego after missing a few, we pick him up and suddenly he's money.

(09-26-2018, 09:36 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
Matt Turk was by far the most hated. He not only sucked, but openly taunted the fans about it. Myers never taunted at least.

Turk’s taunts were justified. Gene Smith hired him as a placement punter even after Turk told Smith that he was a boomer. Gene Smith is an idiot who putt Turk in a bad spot.

I always liked Myers. The mental thing could've been worked through but that leg he has is a true gift. I remember him kicking it off straight through the uprights one time after he missed an extra point. Oh well. I feel like every kicker goes through this in his career. Gets dumped by a team and goes somewhere else. He's probably going to be playing in the NFL for a while.

(09-28-2018, 01:22 AM)Inziladun Wrote: I always liked Myers. The mental thing could've been worked through but that leg he has is a true gift. I remember him kicking it off straight through the uprights one time after he missed an extra point. Oh well. I feel like every kicker goes through this in his career. Gets dumped by a team and goes somewhere else. He's probably going to be playing in the NFL for a while.

Meyers has a monster leg but he can’t control it. During the Jets game last week, he was barely putting it through the uprights because the ball had so much bend. It’s a shame he can’t work that out.

I hated Myers/Breyers Ice Cream. Every single kick was a knuckle ball. You didn't know where it was going. Good riddance. Even if he nails a game winner here, Lambo is the damn man, and the best kicker we ever had. Lambo as a Jag has to be 90%+.

(09-28-2018, 10:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I hated Myers/Breyers Ice Cream. Every single kick was a knuckle ball. You didn't know where it was going. Good riddance. Even if he nails a game winner here, Lambo is the damn man, and the best kicker we ever had. Lambo as a Jag has to be 90%+.

Don't disrespect Scobee like that when Lambo hasn't even kicked for us for two seasons.

(09-28-2018, 10:10 AM)Inziladun Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 10:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I hated Myers/Breyers Ice Cream. Every single kick was a knuckle ball. You didn't know where it was going. Good riddance. Even if he nails a game winner here, Lambo is the damn man, and the best kicker we ever had. Lambo as a Jag has to be 90%+.

Don't disrespect Scobee like that when Lambo hasn't even kicked for us for two seasons.
Lambo hasn't even been here for one season. This is game 14 I think for Lambo as a Jag.

Lambo is 24/25 FG's since being here.... Stop living in your old beat up dodge power wagon and get yourself a LAMBO! This guy is the man get with the program.

Mike Hollis.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 10:10 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Don't disrespect Scobee like that when Lambo hasn't even kicked for us for two seasons.

Mike Hollis.

Hollis, Scobee, Lambo. We've been fortunate to find some really good ones.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-28-2018, 01:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Rico Wrote: Mike Hollis.

Hollis, Scobee, Lambo. We've been fortunate to find some really good ones.

Late's not forget Hayden Epstein and Seth Marler.   Cry
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Mike Hollis was the most accuarte kicker in the history of the NFL at one point. I still think Scobee is the best we had most cosistant over a long period of time.