Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The return of arguably the most hated kicker in Jags history

(09-27-2018, 06:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 09:36 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Matt Turk was by far the most hated. He not only sucked, but openly taunted the fans about it. Myers never taunted at least.

Turk’s taunts were justified. Gene Smith hired him as a placement punter even after Turk told Smith that he was a boomer. Gene Smith is an idiot who putt Turk in a bad spot.

That 20 yarder was a thing of beauty...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2018, 09:32 AM by Rockman1966.)

Don't give a rat's azz about Myers.

(09-26-2018, 07:59 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jason Myers is coming to town:
Quote:Former Jaguars kicker Jason Myers won a preseason competition with Taylor Bertolet for a job with the Jets. Myers has made all five of his attempts this season with a long of 55. He’s eight of nine on point-after tries after missing 12 of those in 38 games in Jacksonville. ...

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobile/ar...-597968192

I hope the game comes down to an extra point and Meyers shanks it.

I don't hope for your scenario lol How many times have we seen sorry players for us go elsewhere and be much better? Knowing our history, he would make a 60 yarder to win the game lol let's just hope for a blowout! Big Grin
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I was thinking the same thing, just like Lambo kicking the game winner vs San Diego. Let’s hope the game is not decided by a field goal.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 09:18 PM by TJBender.)

I'm happy for Myers. Glad he's found a new home and is doing well. My memory of him will be every single kick he ever attempted, and what an adventure they all were. When it's an adventure every time your kicker lines up, that's a sign that you have the wrong kicker.

Again, I'm happy for him.

Also, Hayden Epstein and Seth Marler were way, way worse. With Myers, every kick was an adventure. With those two, you had to legitimately wonder if you were better off just punting on fourth and goal.

Myers just couldn’t make extra points. He’s not bad at the 3 pointer.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2018, 02:33 PM by americus 2.0.)

(09-28-2018, 10:10 AM)Inziladun Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 10:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I hated Myers/Breyers Ice Cream. Every single kick was a knuckle ball. You didn't know where it was going. Good riddance. Even if he nails a game winner here, Lambo is the damn man, and the best kicker we ever had. Lambo as a Jag has to be 90%+.

Don't disrespect Scobee like that when Lambo hasn't even kicked for us for two seasons.

For real.

(09-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 10:10 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Don't disrespect Scobee like that when Lambo hasn't even kicked for us for two seasons.

Mike Hollis.

He was and still is my favorite kicker. I appreciate Lambo's talents.

(09-29-2018, 02:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 10:10 AM)Inziladun Wrote: Don't disrespect Scobee like that when Lambo hasn't even kicked for us for two seasons.

For real.

(09-28-2018, 10:35 AM)Rico Wrote: Mike Hollis.

He was and still is my favorite kicker. I appreciate Lambo's talents.
I loved Hollis too. Lambo looks like John Mayer to me!  Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Didn't get why the fans booed him so loudly when he attempted his kicks today. He was a roller coaster ride while he was here, sure, but he did make some exciting game winning kicks for us at times as well. I'd get the booing for a player that left us in free agency for whatever reason and then came back here on an opponent's sideline, but we cut him. I'm happy for him that he's finally kicking well and has a job in the league.

(09-30-2018, 10:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Didn't get why the fans booed him so loudly when he attempted his kicks today. He was a roller coaster ride while he was here, sure, but he did make some exciting game winning kicks for us at times as well. I'd get the booing for a player that left us in free agency for whatever reason and then came back here on an opponent's sideline, but we cut him. I'm happy for him that he's finally kicking well and has a job in the league.

Football fans are cruel. I remember when Cowboys fans were holding up signs saying stuff like "We're with Dak", taunting Romo has he ran off the field for his last start as a Cowboy.

That being said, although I felt bad for Myers, I booed too, just because I wanted him to miss the kick. Lol.