Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 4

Last week, the defending AFC South champion Jaguars blew a great opportunity to seize firm control of the division.  Instead of having a two game lead over everyone else in the division, they find themselves technically in 2nd place behind the tacks as a function of the 9-6 loss to them. meanwhile, the Colts found themselves in a close competitive game to the World Champion Eagles, but ultimately on the losing end.  finally, despite three (3) sacks from J.J. Watt, the Texans remain winless, losing in their home opener to the previously winless N.Y. Giants.  However, this week presents a new opportunity for the good guys to prevail once again.  Pick wise, I continue to struggle, posting my second straight one win week.  However, the sting of mediocrity or worse was not mitigated by a Jaguars win.  Hopefully, both the jaguars and myself can bounce back in spectacular form.

On to my picks...

Tinhorns (0-3) at Colts (1-2)-The improved Colts host the winless Tinhorns in a divisional match up.  The tinhorns have to be at desperation stage at this point, and the Colts want to stay within a reasonable distance of the leaders.  If the tinhorns lose, will O'Brien be officially on the hot seat in Houston?  i've been picking the texans the first three weeks and have been burned.  My inclination is to now pick against them until they prove they can win.  Of course, at the rate my picking is going, this will be the week they get in the win column.  Colts 21-Texans 17.

Eagles (2-1) at tacks (2-1)  Typing this through clenched teeth, the tough and resourceful tacks host the defending Super bowl champion Eagles.  The tacks seem to be getting healthier, as RT Conklin may return to action.  However, I think the Eagles are a better team, and I have no evidence to suggest the tacks have the Eagles' number like they seem to have the Jaguars.  The tack stay in first place is short lived.  Eagles 26 tacks 17.

N.Y. Jets (1-2) at Jaguars (2-1)-in a lot of ways, the jets offer many of the same matchup problems the tacks offer.  They have a strong front seven.  However, even healthier, they don't have the same quality of OL the tacks offer.  plus they are playing a rookie QB, and I don't see a rookie QB having too much success against this derfense, determined to atone for both last week's loss to the tacks, and last year's loss to these jets.  Jaguars 24, Jets 10.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  4-6

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm going to take Houston. I don't see them falling to 0-4, but it wouldn't shock me.

Eagles roll over Tennessee

Jags take out their frustration on the NYJ

1-2 last week
4-6 overall

4-6 on this strange season so far.
My picks:
clots - tinhorns thinking draft before the month of October arrives
eggles - tacks luck runs out
Jags - they can’t possibly lose back to back at home against a rookie QB can they?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 02:30 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

Colts
TACKS
J-E-T-S-JETS-JETS-JETS

5-5 currently.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Indy
Eagles
Jags

7-3 overall
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

tinhorns over the clots
Eagles off the stinking tacks
Jaguars roll the Jets

Last week: 2 - 1

Overall: 6 - 4
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Texans over Colts - I just can't see them starting 0-4

Eagles over titans - The titans aren't as good as we made them look. Eagles roll.

Jags over Jets - Honestly, it could go either way depending on which Jags team/game plan shows up. I'll go with the homer pick though.

Last week 2-1
Overall 6-4

Houston @ Indianapolis (-1.5)

I really have no idea about this one. Every time I looked over at the Houston - NYG game, they were showing Watt getting worked. Turns out, Watt had three sacks. Also turns out, NYG trailed for about six minutes in the First Quarter in that game. And Indianapolis played Philadelphia tough in the rain and were closing in on the Endzone when Luck got sacked. And this one is at home for Luck and Co. And it would please me greatly to see Houston go to 0-4 and that entire Locker Room start eating itself. But I'm not buying that.

Houston takes this one with something a lot less than a Texas sized 10-4.

Philadelphia (-3) @ Tennessee

Let's be real here, Philadelphia is banged up at the RB spot. But Ajayi and Sproles are both due back this week. Also, I hate thinking about Tennessee and hate writing about them even more. And they are giving up three at home. 

Philadelphia goes to town in the Music City.

New York Jets @ Jacksonville (-9)

Look at that line. If I were a betting man, I'd be very tempted to take that action. Anyways, I think Wash dials up the pressure on young Mr. Darnold and pulls this one out, despite the Offense's struggles against a good NYJ Defense.

Jacksonville gets back on the track to success.

Last week: 1-2
Season:     2-4 (33%)
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(09-26-2018, 09:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the defending AFC South champion Jaguars blew a great opportunity to seize firm control of the division.  Instead of having a two game lead over everyone else in the division, they find themselves technically in 2nd place behind the tacks as a function of the 9-6 loss to them. meanwhile, the Colts found themselves in a close competitive game to the World Champion Eagles, but ultimately on the losing end.  finally, despite three (3) sacks from J.J. Watt, the Texans remain winless, losing in their home opener to the previously winless N.Y. Giants.  However, this week presents a new opportunity for the good guys to prevail once again.  Pick wise, I continue to struggle, posting my second straight one win week.  However, the sting of mediocrity or worse was not mitigated by a Jaguars win.  Hopefully, both the jaguars and myself can bounce back in spectacular form.

On to my picks...

Tinhorns (0-3) at Colts (1-2)-The improved Colts host the winless Tinhorns in a divisional match up.  The tinhorns have to be at desperation stage at this point, and the Colts want to stay within a reasonable distance of the leaders.  If the tinhorns lose, will O'Brien be officially on the hot seat in Houston?  i've been picking the texans the first three weeks and have been burned.  My inclination is to now pick against them until they prove they can win.  Of course, at the rate my picking is going, this will be the week they get in the win column.  Colts 21-Texans 17.

Eagles (2-1) at tacks (2-1)  Typing this through clenched teeth, the tough and resourceful tacks host the defending Super bowl champion Eagles.  The tacks seem to be getting healthier, as RT Conklin may return to action.  However, I think the Eagles are a better team, and I have no evidence to suggest the tacks have the Eagles' number like they seem to have the Jaguars.  The tack stay in first place is short lived.  Eagles 26 tacks 17.

N.Y. Jets (1-2) at Jaguars (2-1)-in a lot of ways, the jets offer many of the same matchup problems the tacks offer.  They have a strong front seven.  However, even healthier, they don't have the same quality of OL the tacks offer.  plus they are playing a rookie QB, and I don't see a rookie QB having too much success against this derfense, determined to atone for both last week's loss to the tacks, and last year's loss to these jets.  Jaguars 24, Jets 10.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  4-6
Last week 1-2
Overall 6-4

This week
tinhorns (cuz they gotta win eventually, right?)
Iggles (cuz we want them to win, right?)
and the Jags (cuz we need this win to be considered a real contender, imo)

'horns (0-3) at Colts (1-2)   The 'horns are due for a win

Eagles (2-1) at tacks (2-1)  Iggles will remove mary's legs from the game and dominate the tacks

N.Y. Jets (1-2) at Jaguars (2-1)  Please, Offense....do something this Sunday and get us a win  

Last week 1-2 horns and Jaguars let me down....6-4 overall
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

7-3

colts
eagles
Jags

Sitting at 6-4

Colts
Iggles
Jags

Anyone else 8-2 so far? No? Losers! Wink

I'll take Houston, Philly, and our beloved Jags.

1-2 Last week 5-5 overall
Houston
Eagles
Jags

1-2 last week
2-8 overall

Texans over Colts
Eagles over Titans
Jets over Jaguars
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

8-2 overall,

Colts
Eagles
Jags

5-5 overall.  this week i'm oing with. 

Colts

Eagles-they are the defending sb champs still. 

Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 07:20 PM by SeldomRite.)

Colts, eagles, Jags.

Colts because they're at home, eagles because I doubt they'll score less than ten points and have the refs against them all game like the jags did against the titans, and jags because they should take the jets seriously.

Last week: 2-1
Overall: 7-3

Eagles: not close
Texans: very close game
Jags: no rookie QB can withstand our defense right now

Eagles
Colts
Jags

Last Week
1-2
Overall
5-5