Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 4

(09-26-2018, 09:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the defending AFC South champion Jaguars blew a great opportunity to seize firm control of the division.  Instead of having a two game lead over everyone else in the division, they find themselves technically in 2nd place behind the tacks as a function of the 9-6 loss to them. meanwhile, the Colts found themselves in a close competitive game to the World Champion Eagles, but ultimately on the losing end.  finally, despite three (3) sacks from J.J. Watt, the Texans remain winless, losing in their home opener to the previously winless N.Y. Giants.  However, this week presents a new opportunity for the good guys to prevail once again.  Pick wise, I continue to struggle, posting my second straight one win week.  However, the sting of mediocrity or worse was not mitigated by a Jaguars win.  Hopefully, both the jaguars and myself can bounce back in spectacular form.

On to my picks...

Tinhorns (0-3) at Colts (1-2)-The improved Colts host the winless Tinhorns in a divisional match up.  The tinhorns have to be at desperation stage at this point, and the Colts want to stay within a reasonable distance of the leaders.  If the tinhorns lose, will O'Brien be officially on the hot seat in Houston?  i've been picking the texans the first three weeks and have been burned.  My inclination is to now pick against them until they prove they can win.  Of course, at the rate my picking is going, this will be the week they get in the win column.  Colts 21-Texans 17.

Eagles (2-1) at tacks (2-1)  Typing this through clenched teeth, the tough and resourceful tacks host the defending Super bowl champion Eagles.  The tacks seem to be getting healthier, as RT Conklin may return to action.  However, I think the Eagles are a better team, and I have no evidence to suggest the tacks have the Eagles' number like they seem to have the Jaguars.  The tack stay in first place is short lived.  Eagles 26 tacks 17.

N.Y. Jets (1-2) at Jaguars (2-1)-in a lot of ways, the jets offer many of the same matchup problems the tacks offer.  They have a strong front seven.  However, even healthier, they don't have the same quality of OL the tacks offer.  plus they are playing a rookie QB, and I don't see a rookie QB having too much success against this derfense, determined to atone for both last week's loss to the tacks, and last year's loss to these jets.  Jaguars 24, Jets 10.

Last week:  1-2
Overall:  4-6

Last week 2-1
Overall 3-3
Colts over Texans - At some point the Texans will win a game, I just don't think this is it.
Eagles over Tacks- I am picking the iggles talent here. They won't be held to 6 points
Jags over Jets - I have already predicted a low scoring game, and a defensive TD from the Jags to win it. I think this will be ugly again.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 06:00 AM by Jags.)

Last week 2-1
Over all 7-3

Eagles
Colts
Jaguars.

Eagles
Colts
Jaguars.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Last week: 2-1 Request for partial credit denied.
Overall: 5-5 I'd be making millions if this were my batting average.

This week:
tinhorns over clots - Will Luck survive the pass rush?
tacks over Iggles - Another close win for the thumbtacks
Jags over Jets - If we can stop their run game, we should be able to force Dam Sarnold into costly mistakes

Colts
Eagles
Jags

2-1 last week.
7-3 season

last week 2-1 (picked G-MEN for the upset).
overall 3-3 (missed week 1)

colts
eagles
jaguars

Last week 1-2
Overall 6-4

Colts
Titans
Jags

Go Jags

Week 3 results: 1-2
Overall Results 4-6

Week 4 Selections:

Jacksonville
Houston
Philadelphia

(09-30-2018, 03:58 AM)D6 Wrote: Week 3 results: 1-2
Overall Results 4-6

Week 4 Selections:

Jacksonville
Houston
Philadelphia

Hey D6,

Congrats on you guys beating the Patriots.

Although you are on the road this week, I think you have a good chance to beat Dallas.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Eagles
Texans
Jaguars

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

3-7 on the season

Colts
Jets
Eagles

(09-26-2018, 09:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Last week, the defending AFC South champion Jaguars blew a great opportunity to seize firm control of the division.  Instead of having a two game lead over everyone else in the division, they find themselves technically in 2nd place behind the tacks as a function of the 9-6 loss to them. meanwhile, the Colts found themselves in a close competitive game to the World Champion Eagles, but ultimately on the losing end.  finally, despite three (3) sacks from J.J. Watt, the Texans remain winless, losing in their home opener to the previously winless N.Y. Giants.  However, this week presents a new opportunity for the good guys to prevail once again.  Pick wise, I continue to struggle, posting my second straight one win week.  However, the sting of mediocrity or worse was not mitigated by a Jaguars win.  Hopefully, both the jaguars and myself can bounce back in spectacular form.

On to my picks...

Tinhorns (0-3) at Colts (1-2)-The improved Colts host the winless Tinhorns in a divisional match up.  The tinhorns have to be at desperation stage at this point, and the Colts want to stay within a reasonable distance of the leaders.  If the tinhorns lose, will O'Brien be officially on the hot seat in Houston?  i've been picking the texans the first three weeks and have been burned.  My inclination is to now pick against them until they prove they can win.  Of course, at the rate my picking is going, this will be the week they get in the win column.  Colts 21-Texans 17.

Eagles (2-1) at tacks (2-1)  Typing this through clenched teeth, the tough and resourceful tacks host the defending Super bowl champion Eagles.  The tacks seem to be getting healthier, as RT Conklin may return to action.  However, I think the Eagles are a better team, and I have no evidence to suggest the tacks have the Eagles' number like they seem to have the Jaguars.  The tack stay in first place is short lived.  Eagles 26 tacks 17.

N.Y. Jets (1-2) at Jaguars (2-1)-in a lot of ways, the jets offer many of the same matchup problems the tacks offer.  They have a strong front seven.  However, even healthier, they don't have the same quality of OL the tacks offer.  plus they are playing a rookie QB, and I don't see a rookie QB having too much success against this derfense, determined to atone for both last week's loss to the tacks, and last year's loss to these jets.  Jaguars 24, Jets 10.

Jaguars win 31-12  W
Tacks beat Beagles-L   Now I can go back to hating the Eagles...bastards. 
Texans beat indy....L  Indy....What in the blue hell are you doing??!?!??   L

This week:  1-2
Overall:  5-8

Shaking my head in dismay

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 05:02 PM by Jags.)

(09-28-2018, 05:59 AM)Jags Wrote: Last week 2-1
Over all 7-3

Eagles
Colts
Jaguars.

1-2 this week.  

8-5 overall.

(09-26-2018, 10:17 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: 4-6 on this strange season so far.
My picks:
clots - tinhorns thinking draft before the month of October arrives
eggles - tacks luck runs out
Jags - they can’t possibly lose back to back at home against a rookie QB can they?

Another 1-2 week lol. I’ll take our win tho.
Season 5-8
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 05:07 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(09-27-2018, 11:01 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

On to my picks...

Last week 2-1
Overall 3-3
Colts over Texans - At some point the Texans will win a game, I just don't think this is it.
Eagles over Tacks- I am picking the iggles talent here. They won't be held to 6 points
Jags over Jets - I have already predicted a low scoring game, and a defensive TD from the Jags to win it. I think this will be ugly again.
1-2 this week. Colts decided to give away the game, and tacks, whelp, they are better than I thought. Real scrappy team, I would like them except their the tacks, therefore they are highly dis-pleasurable. 4-5 overall, just like the tacks will be in week 9.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-27-2018, 07:25 PM)ArtieZiff Wrote: Eagles
Colts
Jags

Last Week
1-2
Overall
5-5

Bad [BLEEP] kicking there.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 07:39 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

You tack fans should stop picking against the tacks. And i guess i should stop picking against the jags. Lol

1-2 this wk. 6-7 for the year.. But my one was the tacks so i feel pretty damn good about it..
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-27-2018, 02:50 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 1-2 last week
2-8 overall

Texans over Colts
Eagles over Titans
Jets over Jaguars

(09-30-2018, 05:26 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You tack fans should stop picking against the tacks. And i guess i should stop picking against the jags. Lol

1-2 this wk. But my one was the tacks so i feel pretty damn good about it..

If the Titans fans start picking the Titans then maybe their luck will run out. 

1-2 this week 8-5 overall. Next week is going to be tough for us.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

0-3 for the week.

3-10 for the season, ugh.

I ain’t gonna lie, superstition is creeping in. I know this is a good team but we keep winning games that I believe we shouldn’t, due to injuries or in the case today, I just thought we were outmatched.

What the hell Reich?

(09-27-2018, 05:00 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 5-5 overall.  this week i'm oing with. 

Colts

Eagles-they are the defending sb champs still. 

Jags

1-2 this week.    6-7 overall

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.