Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans totally screwed up with Davis over Lattimore

What were they thinking?! Great for us!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2018, 07:06 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Or McCaffrey, so glad we dont have to play him. A matchup nightmare

Good

Davis depends on his QB where Lattimore doesn't. Davis will stink until they upgrade the QB position.

I think WR is possibly the most worthless position on the field, but acting like Lattimore is incredible is hilarious to me. Guy got a ton of hype over a stretch where the Saints dominated some awful QBs and outside of that has been largely mediocre. It's showing again this year too. Against Tampa Bay and Falcons who had a on fire Fitzpatrick and Matt Ryan respectively he gave up 7 catches on 9 targets for 153 yards and a TD. His only good game this year came against Tyrod Taylor who has been some hot trash. And even factoring in the game vs Taylor the QB rating when throwing against him this year is at 146.5.

This post won't age well. Davis is going to be good.

(09-27-2018, 02:45 PM)10actyrant Wrote: This post won't age well. Davis is going to be good.

But Lattimore is already good?

I'd say right now their real screw up looks the same as the Jags, which was not taking Mahomes.

(09-27-2018, 09:52 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'd say right now their real screw up looks the same as the Jags, which was not taking Mahomes.

Patches mahomes. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-27-2018, 09:52 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I'd say right now their real screw up looks the same as the Jags, which was not taking Mahomes.

Well to be fair to tack management... they felt pretty good about Ms. Mary Glass

Also... I'd caution any fan that thinks their particular coaching staff would have worked the same magic as Reid has done with Mahomes and McVay has done with Goff.
They took air raid college offense QBs and have made them look pretty darn good.

But no promises Maronne/Hack or whoever is coaching the tacks from year to year would have done the same development.
Reid especially is known for pulling the wool over the leagues eyes (although, Mahomes is certainly NOT a Kevin Kolb/Nick Foles)

as a tack and ohio state fan i wanted lattimore @ 5, but top tier receivers are rare so im okay with the pick, especially since bishard matthews is a quitter

(09-28-2018, 12:24 PM)VondyP Wrote: as a tack and ohio state fan i wanted lattimore @ 5, but top tier receivers are rare so im okay with the pick, especially since bishard matthews is a quitter

They are rare, it's a shame you didnt land one of those with your pick either.

(09-28-2018, 12:37 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 12:24 PM)VondyP Wrote: as a tack and ohio state fan i wanted lattimore @ 5, but top tier receivers are rare so im okay with the pick, especially since bishard matthews is a quitter

They are rare, it's a shame you didnt land one of those with your pick either.

It's really not.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think Davis just paid his first dividend. TN win over Philly in OT was all Davis and Mariota affair. TN is Jacksonville's number one issue in 2018. Conklin came back and Marcus was kept clean.

2018 AFC South is on right now. Mariota looked like the Hawiaan Steve Mac to this Jags fan today.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 04:52 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

(09-30-2018, 04:49 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Davis just paid his first dividend.  TN win over Philly in OT was all Davis and Mariota affair.  TN is Jacksonville's number one issue in 2018.  Conklin came back and Marcus was kept clean.  

2018 AFC South is on right now.  Mariota looked like the Hawiaan Steve Mac to this Jags fan today.

Told you them beagles were going down
Vrabel is the coach we been waiting on
[Image: incredulous.gif]

well this thread is stupid

Lol Lattimore is the superior overall player. Cool. He made a catch in OT. As of now the track record favors Lattimore

Not sure I buy that but Marcus Mariota is a killer. If he can stay healthy I see him as a huge threat to the Jags.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM by SamusAranX.)

(09-30-2018, 06:07 PM)VondyP Wrote: well this thread is stupid

I would concede that it usually isn’t good to make career comparisons until after at least 3 seasons, but so far Lattimore still has the overall better body of work. That touchdown was Corey’s first one in 20 games. Jury is still out

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 08:47 AM by CTEisREAL.)

(09-30-2018, 06:19 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Lol Lattimore is the superior overall player. Cool. He made a catch in OT. As of now the track record favors Lattimore

Not sure if you have watched the Saints this year but Lattimore has gotten roasted the first three weeks of this year.  TB completely destroyed him.  If you stop TN run game you should beat them.  Without Walker, they 'should' be an easier out.  What I saw in Jax last week and I saw on TV yesterday is that Davis is exactly what Mariota has been missing.  If they start making teams defend the whole field with their pass game Mariota is going to kill even the great teams with his legs.  The TD he scored yesterday in the red zone against a great DL is proof.  Mariota has killed the Jags DL and he is eerily similar to McNair legs to me.  I still am haunted by his 60 yard run against us in the 99 AFC title game.  

The Jags D that year was elite.  Just like it is now.  And TN beat us 3 times because of McNair's legs.  If Davis continues TN is going to be tops in the AFC.

(10-01-2018, 08:33 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 06:07 PM)VondyP Wrote: well this thread is stupid

I would concede that it usually isn’t good to make career comparisons until after at least 3 seasons, but so far Lattimore still has the overall better body of work. That touchdown was Corey’s first one in 20 games. Jury is still out

I think you forgot about the two he got in the playoff game against NE last year.