Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game Balls week 4!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 04:29 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Bortles:  Outside of a few batted passes he played a perfect game.  Career High 388 yds  with 2 tds

Westbrook/Moncrief:  both over 100 yds

Yeldon:  Made up with his fumble with 2 td's.  Ran and caught well.

The Entire Defense: Got lucky with a few key drops by the Jets but also unlucky with some int drops.  It balances out.  The entire Defense shut this Jets team down

Cooke:  4 punts and 3 inside the 20.  One was inside the five that lead to the safety

The offensive Line:  Blake was clean most of the game

The Jags are 3-1 and on to the second quarter of the season to take on the Chjefs.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2018, 04:28 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bortles:  Outside of a few batted passes he played a perfect game.  Career High 388 yds  with 2 tds

Westbrook/Moncrief:  both over 100 yds

Yeldon:  Made up with his fumble with 2 td's.  Ran and caught well.

The Entire Defense: Got lucky with a few key drops by the Jets but also unlucky with some int drops.  It balances out.  The entire Defense shut this Jets team down

Cooke:  4 punts and 3 inside the 20.  One was inside the five that lead to the safety

The offensive Line:  Blake was clean most of the game

The Jags are 3-1 and on to the second quarter of the season to take on the Chjefs.

Agree except the oline gets half a game ball..run blocking was not very good.

Until proven otherwise LAMBO'S should always get a mention. That 54 yarder was a beauty.

How about Calais Campbell? He had a great game too.

Considering the injuries.. oline played well after getting beat down last week. This was a team win.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Agreed with this. My concern is once again I think the play calling was quite bad. Very conservative again second half and let them get back into a bit.

Man we should have had like 5 INTs on Darnold

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 05:56 PM by Predator.)

(09-30-2018, 05:23 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Agreed with this. My concern is once again I think the play calling was quite bad. Very conservative again second half and let them get back into a bit.

What are you talking about? They stayed aggressive right through to the last drive of the game.

There was one drive that they ran up the middle twice trying to pick up 3 yards and didn't get it. That was as conservative as it got.

If it weren't for the 3 second half turnovers, we would have embarrassed the jets.

The O has to take care of the ball better for sure, but I'm really becoming a fan of TJ Yeldon. I love his game - the patience, vision and bouncing off guys; amazing. He's an effective, smart, graceful runner.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-30-2018, 05:57 PM)BritJag Wrote: The O has to take care of the ball better for sure, but I'm really becoming a fan of TJ Yeldon. I love his game - the patience, vision and bouncing off guys; amazing.  He's an effective, smart, graceful runner.

Don't forget his reliable hands catching the ball.

He definitely has taken a huge step forward this year.

Not one for Fournette.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-30-2018, 05:23 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Agreed with this. My concern is once again I think the play calling was quite bad. Very conservative again second half and let them get back into a bit.

Huh

The jets didn't "get back into it" actually, but if they did if would be because the two turnovers not the play calling.  Which was aggressive, balanced and diverse in utilized personnel.  They threw for 3 pretty big third down conversions in the second half by my recollection.  Didn't seem like they went conservative at all.  Just balanced. 

34 runs for 126 yards and a TD
38 passes for 388 yards and 2 TDs

(09-30-2018, 05:53 PM)Predator Wrote: If it weren't for the 3 second half turnovers, we would have embarrassed the jets.

You don't consider 31-12 an embarrassment? In pro ball?

I agree with you though, they absolutely were not conservative. Going for 2 at the tail end and all.  One can even argue that they rubbed it in.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-30-2018, 06:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Not one for Fournette.

I didn't get to watch the game but saw somewhere he left due to his hammy. Is this right? I hate to tag him with being "fragile" but what the heck is going on?

If Blake throwing for a career high 388 yards is "conservative" play calling, then sign me up for that.

(09-30-2018, 06:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I didn't get to watch the game but saw somewhere he left due to his hammy. Is this right? I hate to tag him with being "fragile" but what the heck is going on?

Tweaked hamstring. He is not fragile. This is just one of those tough injuries for football players. We dont need to start the entire fragile thing.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Westbrook gets my game ball. Whoa lolly!

Lots of good play on both sides of the ball, but I have to mention one in particular that LOTS of people here have hated on since he signed:

[Image: ScreenShot2018-09-30at6.40.05PM.png]

(09-30-2018, 06:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

We really need to ease off the fragile call at this point in his career.  Hamstring injuries are funny things.  You can walk on them, you can dance with them, you can even jog with one.  What you can't do is push off with explosive power.  This fan base was quick to call out Fred Taylor for the same injury, he turned out just fine once he fully healed.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Conservative? Hahaha ok

Like throwing on 1st down with 4 minutes left to kill the clock conservative? If there’s 2 things I took from today it’s that the Titans D is for real and Blake just had a bad game last week.

I’m gonna need Ramsey and Bouye to hit the jug machines though. Bouye should have had a pick 6 and Ramsey had an easy pick as well dropped.

Overall, 3-1 heading into a monster game against KC.