Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game Balls week 4!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 06:53 PM by Predator.)

(09-30-2018, 06:02 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 05:53 PM)Predator Wrote: If it weren't for the 3 second half turnovers, we would have embarrassed the jets.

You don't consider 31-12 an embarrassment? In pro ball?

I agree with you though, they absolutely were not conservative. Going for 2 at the tail end and all.  One can even argue that they rubbed it in.

Getting 3 turnovers and being a two point conversion away from a two possession game isn't really embarrassing. In all honesty it should have ended a closer game.

Embarrassing is being down 40 points and watching the second string get practice time on you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Very bipolar game imo. 503 total yards of offense while only allowing 178 total yards. Very good. 3 turnovers and 9 penalties for 89 yards not very good. Being able to overcome turnovers and penalties and still win big is a good sign of the talent and coaching this team has, but in order to beat better teams they need to clean up these issues. Good win with a lot of teachable moments to cover in the coming week of practice and film study. On to the chefs.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-30-2018, 06:48 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 06:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't get to watch the game but saw somewhere he left due to his hammy. Is this right? I hate to tag him with being "fragile" but what the heck is going on?

We really need to ease off the fragile call at this point in his career.  Hamstring injuries are funny things.  You can walk on them, you can dance with them, you can even jog with one.  What you can't do is push off with explosive power.  This fan base was quick to call out Fred Taylor for the same injury, he turned out just fine once he fully healed.

It's becoming a little concerning no matter the sugarcoating.  Fred had a groin pull maybe a tear.  Not the same thing.  But yea hamstrings suck.  Week to week forever.  He has a bit of a history with the ole injury bug.

We dominated the game with having a plus 3 turnover margin, that's insane! Idk if the Jets are that bad or we are just a much much better team but wow

Can we give game balls to like every damn QB? I've never seen such an offensive explosion. 5 400 yard games already this week is a record, and Flacco is murdering it early on SNF, and there's still a MNF game. Bortles throws for a franchise high 388 and to be honest it's probably not even a top 10 impressive performance this week.

(09-30-2018, 05:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Man we should have had like 5 INTs on Darnold

I agree. That’s why I predicted a burger but I’ll take that W anyway we can get it.

3-1 baby!!

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 06:01 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Good quality team win. Should give us some confidence and momentum back going into KC. Hopefully we have good news on the injury front. The offense is going to have to possess the ball and put up points again next week against a mediocre defense in the Chiefs. I don't see our defense holding them under 20. Even if the offense doesn't give them a short field.

We honestly did some ugly things out there yesterday. We were better in the penalty department but ball security and turnovers deep in our own territory is going to kill us against most teams. Also the turnover when we were in position to get points.
No pain, no gain.

A dominant win that was a bit humbling at the same time. We have a lot of stuff to work on and correct.

Having badly missed him against the Tacks, it was nice to see AJ Cann back on the line.

(10-01-2018, 05:45 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Good quality team win. Should give us some confidence and momentum back going into KC. Hopefully we have good news on the injury front. The offense is going to have to possess the ball and put up points again next week against a mediocre defense in the Chiefs. I don't see our defense holding them under 20. Even if the offense doesn't give them a short field.

We honestly did some ugly things out there yesterday. We were better in the penalty department but ball security and turnovers deep in our own territory is going to kill us against most teams. Also the turnover when we were in position to get points.

Did you foresee Jags D holding the studded Steeler O to 9 points in Ketchup land last year? Or the Pats to 24 in AFCC, and 20 in week 2 this year?

I don't like arbitrary numbers before hand, hence I never engage in game score predictions. Too many variables, and circumstances to consider on gameday.

Mahommes is essentially a rookie, and we haven't him seen him under immense duress. How do they react to misfortunes; what happens when the ball takes a few ugly bounces? It could very well turn into a defensive battle, who knows. I don't envision a shoot out; Jags absolutely won't want that to be the case and may scheme a ball control, drawn out plan that keeps their O off the field. 

Indeed, they have to protect the ball, and not squash scoring opportunities to give themselves a solid chance. Something tells me they'd be up to the task.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-30-2018, 05:23 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Agreed with this. My concern is once again I think the play calling was quite bad. Very conservative again second half and let them get back into a bit.

Say what?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So anyway, game ball to Calais Campbell. The old guy is still playing at a very high level. He is constantly disruptive to an opposing offense. He is a really really good player.

I was happy to see Ngakoue get his first sack

(10-01-2018, 08:24 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I was happy to see Ngakoue get his first sack
He is going to explode here soon. He is being held constantly and is a split second away from a strip sack every other play.

The sacks are going to come and when they do, it's gonna be awesome.

(10-01-2018, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 08:24 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I was happy to see Ngakoue get his first sack
He is going to explode here soon. He is being held constantly and is a split second away from a strip sack every other play.

I hope they come in bunches against Mahomes.

(10-01-2018, 10:00 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He is going to explode here soon. He is being held constantly and is a split second away from a strip sack every other play.

I hope they come in bunches against Mahomes.
They very well could. Jags have played some QBs who aren't trying to push the ball downfield. If Mahomes sits in the pocket and waits for plays to develop, the boys up front may be able to get home a lot.

One fer Moncrief, who I was pretty ready to write off after 3 weeks of meh.

(09-30-2018, 06:48 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 06:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't get to watch the game but saw somewhere he left due to his hammy. Is this right? I hate to tag him with being "fragile" but what the heck is going on?

We really need to ease off the fragile call at this point in his career.  Hamstring injuries are funny things.  You can walk on them, you can dance with them, you can even jog with one.  What you can't do is push off with explosive power.  This fan base was quick to call out Fred Taylor for the same injury, he turned out just fine once he fully healed.

And this is exactly why I didn't want to tag Fournette with it, and was why I was asking.

Bortles: Did his thing.. showed good speed on that big run to keep the chains moving. A couple of really nice throws into tight windows and had good anticipation. His slow wind-up caused several deflected and batted balls one of which was picked off deep in our own territory. That kind of thing will kill us against a decent team... but people will cling to his good stats and sweep this under the rug. 

Campbell: When healthy is still just a terror. No QB wants to see this guy mauling towards his face. 

Ngakoue: Came very close to a strip sack early in the game.. then finally got his first sack of the year surprising it took 3.5 games to get it.

Sefarian-Jenkins: Had a couple of good plays.. can tell he's injured so it's hard to get consistent production. Unfortunate.

Westbrook: Emerging as a reliable possession guy. He's like our new Allen Hurns but more dependable. 

Moncrief: Had a couple of possession catches to keep the chains moving and then that deep TD where he burned the corner down the sideline.. but it was also a perfect throw.

Yeldon: Plays like he wants a future with the team. The only negative thing is that he coughs the ball up on occasion. Can't let that doom us.

Grant: Always good to make solid 5-12 yard plays in space.

The pass blocking was really good.. aside from that Leonard Williams sack where he went unblocked. 

Bouye: Could have easily had 2 INTs for the game. 

Smith Sr: I thought Telvin actually out played Jack.

Gipson: Should have had a pick. 

Church: Had a sack.. let Enunwa get open deep a couple of times but bad throws bailed us out.
No pain, no gain.

Had to make sure to put that back handed compliment in there for Blake, huh?