Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any updates on Linder?

Severity update?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good question

Mike Dirocco reported that Linder said he would be fine. Didn't sound serious.

Ok good news, thx, cant afford any more olineman hurt

Good news.

Also, at least Shatley filled in admirably outside that one bad snap

I'm gonna get burned for this but I truly think Shatley is a quality starting center and might be better value at the price tag compared to Linder. He's never a problem when he has to come in. He never misses a beat.

(10-01-2018, 12:34 AM)haveaseat Wrote: I'm gonna get burned for this but I truly think Shatley is a quality starting center and might be better value at the price tag compared to Linder. He's never a problem when he has to come in. He never misses a beat.

Never misses a beat, or is a problem... He only had a terribly stupid false start penalty and a god awful snap that almost resulted in a turnover today.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 01:01 AM by haveaseat.)

(10-01-2018, 12:57 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:34 AM)haveaseat Wrote: I'm gonna get burned for this but I truly think Shatley is a quality starting center and might be better value at the price tag compared to Linder. He's never a problem when he has to come in. He never misses a beat.

Never misses a beat, or is a problem... He only had a terribly stupid false start penalty and a god awful snap that almost resulted in a turnover today.

I mean yeah the team was sloppy for the most part today. I was speaking in terms of blocking. But in overall play he's starting quality.

(10-01-2018, 01:00 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:57 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Never misses a beat, or is a problem... He only had a terribly stupid false start penalty and a god awful snap that almost resulted in a turnover today.

I mean yeah the team was sloppy for the most part today. I was speaking in terms of blocking. But in overall play he's starting quality.

You were literally talking about Shatley not missing a beat, when he clearly made a couple awful mistakes... Then you change it into the whole team? 

Were you not just talking about Shatley being better than Linder or some dumb [BLEEP] like that? Now it's how the entire team was sloppy? lol ok....

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 01:29 AM by haveaseat.)

(10-01-2018, 01:20 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 01:00 AM)haveaseat Wrote: I mean yeah the team was sloppy for the most part today. I was speaking in terms of blocking. But in overall play he's starting quality.

You were literally talking about Shatley not missing a beat, when he clearly made a couple awful mistakes... Then you change it into the whole team? 

Were you not just talking about Shatley being better than Linder or some dumb [BLEEP] like that? Now it's how the entire team was sloppy? lol ok....

The entire team was sloppy with penalties, fumbles and unnecessary mistakes. What I'm saying is you take out one of the highest paid centers in the league and his replacement is consistent and holds up against the Jets D-line is no joke. A false start penalty never happens to any o-lineman? Even the elite? Please. Now go get yourself a hug and relax bruh.

(10-01-2018, 01:27 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 01:20 AM)Eric1 Wrote: You were literally talking about Shatley not missing a beat, when he clearly made a couple awful mistakes... Then you change it into the whole team? 

The entire team was sloppy with penalties, fumbles and unnecessary mistakes. What I'm saying is you take out one of the highest paid centers in the league and his replacement is consistent and holds up against the Jets D-line is no joke. A false start penalty never happens to any o-lineman? Even the elite? Please. Now go get yourself a hug and relax bruh.

Except for the fact that in a close game, Shatley could have costed us with his stupid mistakes... I've never seen Linder do dumb crap like that.

The Center isn't just any OL-man causing a false start... The Center should never cause a false start....

(10-01-2018, 01:35 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 01:27 AM)haveaseat Wrote: The entire team was sloppy with penalties, fumbles and unnecessary mistakes. What I'm saying is you take out one of the highest paid centers in the league and his replacement is consistent and holds up against the Jets D-line is no joke. A false start penalty never happens to any o-lineman? Even the elite? Please. Now go get yourself a hug and relax bruh.

Except for the fact that in a close game, Shatley could have costed us with his stupid mistakes... I've never seen Linder do dumb crap like that.

The Center isn't just any OL-man causing a false start... The Center should never cause a false start....

That's completely stupid. Great centers have been flagged for moving their hand, moving their head, or barely moving the ball. Are you telling me Linder has never been flagged? Everyone makes mistakes. I'm not even saying Shatley is better than Linder. He just isn't.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 08:14 AM by iapetus.)

(10-01-2018, 01:35 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Except for the fact that in a close game, Shatley could have costed us with his stupid mistakes... I've never seen Linder do dumb crap like that.

So I took a quick look at Linder's career penalties.

Year Date Tm Opp Quarter Time Down ToGo Location Tm Opp Penalty Yds D/O
2014 2014-09-14 JAX @ WAS 4 3 11 JAX 26 10 41 False Start 5
2016 2016-10-27 JAX @ TEN 4 2 1 JAX 32 8 36 False Start 5
2017 2017-12-17 JAX HOU 2 1 10 JAX 41 21 0 False Start 5
2017 2017-12-17 JAX HOU 2 HTX 15 31 0 False Start 5
2017 2018-01-07 JAX BUF 4 2 7 JAX 14 10 3 False Start 5

Five false starts, including two in one game against a divisional opponent.

You're welcome.

(09-30-2018, 08:48 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Good news.

Also, at least Shatley filled in admirably outside that one bad snap

That snap was bad haha, like really bad. I liked how Fisher said that he was not even sure if the ball left the ground hahah.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

This guy gets nicked every game it seems.

According to Lindner, he's fine.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20180...es-vs-jets