Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Back to First

Jags have officially regained their status as the league's best defense after today's victory vs. Jets.

Currently, top overall D (259.2 yards/game) and top passing D (164.2).  Rushing D, a decent 9th giving up 95 yards  per game.

Essentially, no flaws.  Hopefully, the takeaways will rev up to make them the feared, dominant D we anticipate.  

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 08:43 PM by imtheblkranger.)

No. 1 in points allowed as well at an even 14ppg now.

This is just incredible. Sacksonville will be legendary in 5 to 10 years. Guys will be saying 85 bears, 2000 ravens, Tampa 2, people eaters, and LOB and Sacksonville.

(09-30-2018, 08:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is just incredible. Sacksonville will be legendary in 5 to 10 years. Guys will be saying 85 bears, 2000 ravens, Tampa 2, people eaters, and LOB and Sacksonville.
If they can slow down the Chiefs next week, they got a shot at that list.

Until then, not yet.

Imagine how good the defense would look if the coaches and offense stopped doing stupid stuff to put them in bad situations.

If Blake plays like he did today, we can beat the Chiefs.

(09-30-2018, 09:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 08:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is just incredible. Sacksonville will be legendary in 5 to 10 years. Guys will be saying 85 bears, 2000 ravens, Tampa 2, people eaters, and LOB and Sacksonville.
If they can slow down the Chiefs next week, they got a shot at that list.

Until then, not yet.

I am with you but I don’t think 1 game would matter. If the Chiefs put up yards and we are stingy the rest of year then we can still be legendary. 

I think they will move the ball with tricks and gadget plays. I think Mahomes is due for a bad game. He’s playing on fire so far.

(09-30-2018, 09:11 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Imagine how good the defense would look if the coaches and offense stopped doing stupid stuff to put them in bad situations.

The defense does their fair share of stupid stuff too. Looking at you, Gipson.

simpley put if team doesn't win a SB the defense won't be rembered as much or talked about. Just like qbs who never won a super bowl that were good qbs like Dan Marino. Medeia hardly ever talks about him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 09:24 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-30-2018, 09:22 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: simpley put if team doesn't win a SB the defense won't be rembered as much or talked about.  Just like qbs who never won a super bowl that were good qbs like  Dan Marino. Medeia hardly ever talks about him.

Lol what? He's literally on the pre game show and in the HOF.

(09-30-2018, 09:11 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: If Blake plays like he did today, we can beat the Chiefs.

Don't really even need Blake to play like today to beat them, but I have confidence that will happen. They gameplan the offense well when they know they need some points and it's not all on the defense. Also, this team GETS UP for big games! It's when this team plays bad teams and mid game adjustments by coaching, I have concerns. These are the games I expect Marrone/Hackett to let loose a bit, take chances, and I expect Blake to play well next week. 

I am one of the few not overly impressed by the Chiefs. Sure, they got offense, but when the offense goes cold (which it will) they will lose big. Want an example? Check out the Bucs today. Explosive offense and terrible defense, and when that offense goes dry... blowout. I am impressed with Mahomes, don't get me wrong, but the Chiefs as a team... they don't scare me. Defense is a pass stopping D, they will show up ready for the challenge, and the offense should show up against a terrible Chiefs D.

(09-30-2018, 09:24 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:22 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: simpley put if team doesn't win a SB the defense won't be rembered as much or talked about.  Just like qbs who never won a super bowl that were good qbs like  Dan Marino. Medeia hardly ever talks about him.

Lol what? He's literally on the pre game show and in the HOF.

Yeah he is talked about. Look at any top 10 list and he's usually 7 or better. The only thing Dan never did was win a title, but the guy was one of the best ever, for sure. 

The one difference is as a unit, especially on defense, you don't get a lot of attention in general unless its special enough to actually win a super bowl and break some sort of record(sacks, ints, scoring, etc). This defense is good in today's NFL and is arguably a top unit for sure, I'm not sure I can go across the league and pick a better unit hands down. I'd take ours over any other defense right now. Wolf is on the right track though, win a title or its all for naught.

(09-30-2018, 09:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:11 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: If Blake plays like he did today, we can beat the Chiefs.

Don't really even need Blake to play like today to beat them, but I have confidence that will happen. They gameplan the offense well when they know they need some points and it's not all on the defense. Also, this team GETS UP for big games! It's when this team plays bad teams and mid game adjustments by coaching, I have concerns. These are the games I expect Marrone/Hackett to let loose a bit, take chances, and I expect Blake to play well next week. 

I am one of the few not overly impressed by the Chiefs. Sure, they got offense, but when the offense goes cold (which it will) they will lose big. Want an example? Check out the Bucs today. Explosive offense and terrible defense, and when that offense goes dry... blowout. I am impressed with Mahomes, don't get me wrong, but the Chiefs as a team... they don't scare me. Defense is a pass stopping D, they will show up ready for the challenge, and the offense should show up against a terrible Chiefs D.

pretty sure mahomes has not faced an elite type defense yet

(09-30-2018, 10:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Don't really even need Blake to play like today to beat them, but I have confidence that will happen. They gameplan the offense well when they know they need some points and it's not all on the defense. Also, this team GETS UP for big games! It's when this team plays bad teams and mid game adjustments by coaching, I have concerns. These are the games I expect Marrone/Hackett to let loose a bit, take chances, and I expect Blake to play well next week. 

Has he even faced a defense? Lol. LAC, Pitt, and SF aren't really stopping anything.

(09-30-2018, 10:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Don't really even need Blake to play like today to beat them, but I have confidence that will happen. They gameplan the offense well when they know they need some points and it's not all on the defense. Also, this team GETS UP for big games! It's when this team plays bad teams and mid game adjustments by coaching, I have concerns. These are the games I expect Marrone/Hackett to let loose a bit, take chances, and I expect Blake to play well next week. 

Yep. That train will slow down. I've seen multiple people on this board already write that game off next week. I'm very excited and I think the Jags D brings a reality check to Mahomes.

(09-30-2018, 10:29 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 10:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: pretty sure mahomes has not faced an elite type defense yet

Has he even faced a defense? Lol. LAC, Pitt, and SF aren't really stopping anything.

Chargers Def has allowed 31 PPG, Pitt 30 and SF 29.7 lol.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 10:55 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

We do get them on a short week as they play monday night, that could be the difference

Also our offense gave up 9 of those pts today

Pretty sure how the NFL has evolved to favor the offense the Jags won't ever be looked back upon as favorably as some of the great defenses in the past. I'd say the same thing if you could teleport those historic defenses into today's game. It's just so much harder to play defense these days, it's hard to compete back in the day when you could literally try and injure the QB on every single play, light up a receiver as he goes to catch the ball and got a little more slack with the holding and interference calls.

(09-30-2018, 11:17 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Pretty sure how the NFL has evolved to favor the offense the Jags won't ever be looked back upon as favorably as some of the great defenses in the past. I'd say the same thing if you could teleport those historic defenses into today's game. It's just so much harder to play defense these days, it's hard to compete back in the day when you could literally try and injure the QB on every single play, light up a receiver as he goes to catch the ball and got a little more slack with the holding and interference calls.

Doesn't that argument only help the Jags' Defenses case though? Being dominate in an era that is trying to make it as hard as possible to play Defense?

(09-30-2018, 09:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

My thoughts precisely.  I am more at ease about the Chiefs than the Cowboys the following week.  The game will be hyped all week; they've already started chattering about best O versus best D on post game shows today.  Chiefs O is due to cool off, and the Jags D would like to show off.  Jags O should be just fine versus their dead last D, by a large margin at that.  I hope  they win tomorrow though, so they don't get into ultra prep mode to avenge a loss.  At likely 4-0 and the only remaining undefeated squad in the conference, human nature dictates that you are bound to start feeling a bit too good about yourself... Plus they have a history of imploding after sparkling starts in Andy Reed's tenure; both in games and the season as a whole.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.