Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just a few observations

Just wanted to point out a few things from today’s win.

I am really liking what I saw from Yeldon. He is having a great first quarter of the season. He is finally finding the end zone.

Campbell is still one of the best players in the league on defense. He can collapse a pocket whenever he needs to. 

Norwell I’m my opinion had a few sloppy plays. Not trying to ruin the party but I just don’t think he is playing up to par.

Parnell is playing good in the run game

Lambo has made like 20 something straight at home. He’s been a great pick up.

Moncrief showed good speed.

Westbrook is starting to hit his stride. 

The team played good today but not firing on all phases just yet which is good. We’re 3 points away from being undefeated. We’re back on top. 

On to the next team

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Westbrook's biggest asset right now is his RAC ability. He rarely goes down by the first defender.

Bortles is still dipping below the belt but he’s making it work. Combined with the playoffs, he is playing above average. I love when he takes off with his feet.

(09-30-2018, 09:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bortles is still dipping below the belt but he’s making it work. Combined with the playoffs, he is playing above average. I love when he takes off with his feet.

As long as he keeps up the accuracy I'm ok with the extended motion. He needs to watch the batted passes though.

We have a terrible turnover margin. The league's worst penalty margin (easily the biggest differential in penalties assessed vs our opponent). And our run game w/o Bortles scrambling is pretty non-existent. None of those things improved today. However, all that being said, we are 3-1. We have a ton of talent and a really good team. If we can start to clean up these issues, especially the penalties, we should easily be able to make the playoffs. If these trends continue though, I think we're going to have a difficult time making it.

Yeldon has always been under appreciated around here imo and I'm glad people are finally starting to realize it.

He isn't Bell and wont ever be the best RB in the NFL, but he's a good all-around RB. His only real weakness is that he doesn't really have a 2nd gear. He lacks long speed, but makes up for it everywhere else.

(09-30-2018, 09:29 PM)rfc17 Wrote: We have a terrible turnover margin.  The league's worst penalty margin (easily the biggest differential in penalties assessed vs our opponent).  And our run game w/o Bortles scrambling is pretty non-existent.   None of those things improved today.  However, all that being said, we are 3-1.  We have a ton of talent and a really good team.  If we can start to clean up these issues, especially the penalties, we should easily be able to make the playoffs.  If these trends continue though, I think we're going to have a difficult time making it.

This is what I see.. we have no run game.. everyone is talking up yeldon but he was BELOW 3.0 ypc today and always goes down on first contact, and has fumbling issues

The penalties are out of hand, and even though the defense is number 1 in pts against, we arent getting the take aways this year so far amd we r turning it over too much

Eventually turnover margin amd penalties will start costing us games, this next 4 game stretch is ety rough

They need to get their [BLEEP] together

(09-30-2018, 10:52 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:29 PM)rfc17 Wrote: We have a terrible turnover margin.  The league's worst penalty margin (easily the biggest differential in penalties assessed vs our opponent).  And our run game w/o Bortles scrambling is pretty non-existent.   None of those things improved today.  However, all that being said, we are 3-1.  We have a ton of talent and a really good team.  If we can start to clean up these issues, especially the penalties, we should easily be able to make the playoffs.  If these trends continue though, I think we're going to have a difficult time making it.

This is what I see.. we have no run game.. everyone is talking up yeldon but he was BELOW 3.0 ypc today and always goes down on first contact, and has fumbling issues

The penalties are out of hand, and even though the defense is number 1 in pts against, we arent getting the take aways this year so far amd we r turning it over too much

Eventually turnover margin amd penalties will start costing us games, this next 4 game stretch is ety rough

You're insufferable.

special teams coverage and return units are till committing stupid penalties. hopefully it doesn't end up biting us later on

Watch the rest of the league.. Lambo is a tremendous pick up. Kickers are blowing it this year and it is so good to not be suffering in the kicking game.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-30-2018, 10:52 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:

Always goes down on first contact? lol You clearly don't watch the games. Yeldon fights for extra yards every play. Let's also give the Jets run D some credit. Yeldon was 3.0 YPC (so was Fournette) and is a great receiver out of the backfield.

(09-30-2018, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yeldon has always been under appreciated around here imo and I'm glad people are finally starting to realize it.

He isn't Bell and wont ever be the best RB in the NFL, but he's a good all-around RB. His only real weakness is that he doesn't really have a 2nd gear. He lacks long speed, but makes up for it everywhere else.

I couldn't agree with this more. If he just had that burst out of the hole to combine with his balance, vision, pass protection / catching, he would be a top-five maybe even top-three RB. But he doesn't which is why the team got him in the Second.

Still, I'm glad he is on the team.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(10-01-2018, 11:14 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(09-30-2018, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yeldon has always been under appreciated around here imo and I'm glad people are finally starting to realize it.

I couldn't agree with this more. If he just had that burst out of the hole to combine with his balance, vision, pass protection / catching, he would be a top-five maybe even top-three RB. But he doesn't which is why the team got him in the Second.

Still, I'm glad he is on the team.
Yeah. He also has a minor issue with ball security.

Still, I'm one of those that has defended him when half of the board called him garbage. I'm glad the staff was smarter than all those folks trying to cut a second round pick in his rookie contract. 

He looked very good last year at times and has only improved in 2018. 

RE: the op's list - 

Moncrief not only "showed good speed" but good hands as well.  5 catches for 109 yards and a TD. Where's all those Moncrief haters at?

Norwell had a great smart underrated ball knock down. His knockdown could have saved a potential INT. It also was smart of him to knock it down rather than catch it too as the clock would have kept ticking. But Norwell also has two back ups beside him.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-01-2018, 11:35 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Norwell had a great smart underrated ball knock down. His knockdown could have saved a potential INT. It also was smart of him to knock it down rather than catch it too as the clock would have kept ticking. But Norwell also has two back ups beside him.

I remember the play; after yet another batted ball at the LOS.  Is he even allowed to catch it?  Good awareness and reaction though.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(10-01-2018, 11:43 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:35 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Norwell had a great smart underrated ball knock down. His knockdown could have saved a potential INT. It also was smart of him to knock it down rather than catch it too as the clock would have kept ticking. But Norwell also has two back ups beside him.

I remember the play; after yet another batted ball at the LOS.  Is he even allowed to catch it?  Good awareness and reaction though.

Once it's tipped by a defender, yes, it's fair game to ineligible receivers.

The only glaring issues for me are penalties and O-line not staying on blocks. The penalties are going to haunt later on if they don't get cleaned up. Parnell and his statuesque run blocking skills are insufferable! I counted no less than 5 times yesterday him standing upright in the running lane not engaged and if he was actively blocking there was big run potential.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Biggest observation is the play calling. Where is this whenever we face the Titans? It’s not like we try it and abandon it, we just flat out go to basically a vanilla offense and just wait for Mariota to come up with a key 3rd down conversion. It’s happened literally 3 games in row. I just don’t get it. With that being said, Yeldon is my MVP from yesterday. Yes, the run game was a little off and he fumbled but Yeldon isn’t our bell cow runner. With Fournette going out again I thought TJ stepped in beautifully. He still had some pretty good runs, made some great blocks in pass pro and obviously he is a VERY good Pass catcher out of the backfield. His only knock was the fumble.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(10-01-2018, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. He also has a minor issue with ball security.

Still, I'm one of those that has defended him when half of the board called him garbage. I'm glad the staff was smarter than all those folks trying to cut a second round pick in his rookie contract. 

Yeldon was legitimately bad his first two years. He danced soooo much, and by time he found the hole he wanted he didn't have the burst to exploit it. Last year and this year he became much more decisive and gets north/south in a hurry.

(10-01-2018, 01:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. He also has a minor issue with ball security.

Yeldon was legitimately bad his first two years. He danced soooo much, and by time he found the hole he wanted he didn't have the burst to exploit it. Last year and this year he became much more decisive and gets north/south in a hurry.

I saw "legitimately promising" LOL.  Yes, being more decisive was absolutely required - many of us made note of that at the time - myself included. 

Glad he has taken some coaching on that front.

(10-01-2018, 12:27 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Biggest observation is the play calling. Where is this whenever we face the Titans? It’s not like we try it and abandon it, we just flat out go to basically a vanilla offense and just wait for Mariota to come up with a key 3rd down conversion. It’s happened literally 3 games in row. I just don’t get it. With that being said, Yeldon is my MVP from yesterday. Yes, the run game was a little off and he fumbled but Yeldon isn’t our bell cow runner. With Fournette going out again I thought TJ stepped in beautifully. He still had some pretty good runs, made some great blocks in pass pro and obviously he is a VERY good Pass catcher out of the backfield. His only knock was the fumble.

Making a little thread on this ^ topic as it's been breached an 5 or 6 threads.