Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles, the Boat, Quarter 1 2018.

64.6% comp, 7.3 YPA, 1095 yards, 7tds, 3ints, 93.6 rating  

Blake is off to his best start, even including the Tennessee stinker. Also, if he throws for another 2900 yards this year, he'll be top 5 all time for a QBs first five years  
Encouraging moving forward, we don't play a lot of great defenses the rest of the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Remember when people wanted Bridgewater or Carr (or Tebow....or Luck....) ?

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 07:58 AM by SamusAranX.)

Bortles has basically entered the Garrard zone, which no, isn’t me trying to denigrate him. He is a decent QB who can make plays with his legs and arm, and will even take over games here or there; but overall, he needs other parts of the team playing at a high level if we are to win consistently.

I do think his potential is still higher then Garrard

(10-01-2018, 07:57 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Bortles has basically entered the Garrard zone, which no, isn’t me trying to denigrate him. He is a decent QB who can make plays with his legs and arm, and will even take over games here or there; but overall, he needs other parts of the team playing at a high level if we are to win consistently.

I do think his potential is still higher then Garrard

I agree 100 percent with this. If he can figure out a quicker release when necessary and reduce the tip passes then I would also agree with the higher potential. When the offensive design can scheme receivers open then that light touch pass he does works beautifully. If there's tighter windows he struggles with zipping a ball in there. We just rarely see him put some heat on a ball and sometimes against tight defense a laser pass is necessary. That's why I believe he looks so good against mediocre teams and not so hot against tougher opponents. It was obvious yesterday that teams are becoming keenly aware of the potential for tipped passes against him. I'm sure Milanovich will figure out something to reduce them though.

(10-01-2018, 07:32 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Remember when people wanted Bridgewater or Carr (or Tebow....or Luck....) ?

Yeah, it was last week.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(10-01-2018, 07:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 64.6% comp, 7.3 YPA, 1095 yards, 7tds, 3ints, 93.6 rating  

Blake is off to his best start, even including the Tennessee stinker. Also, if he throws for another 2900 yards this year, he'll be top 5 all time for a QBs first five years  
Encouraging moving forward, we don't play a lot of great defenses the rest of the season.

Where do you see that stat at? I wanna see that list.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

are we saying that Bortles is better than Carr?

(10-01-2018, 10:00 AM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 07:28 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 64.6% comp, 7.3 YPA, 1095 yards, 7tds, 3ints, 93.6 rating  

Where do you see that stat at? I wanna see that list.

Currently 16th

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/9/30/...fl-history

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 10:38 AM by jagshype.)

(10-01-2018, 10:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 10:00 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Where do you see that stat at? I wanna see that list.

Currently 16th

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/9/30/...fl-history

^
A testament to his durability, work ethic, and management sticking with him.
Making it out of the early years with all those sacks & hits and not turning into a frightened turtle in his shell a la David Carr and Gabbert is impressive.

It looks like from a mental point he has really progressed and continues to build on that.
Now just got to get that footwork and arm mechanics more consistent. More work on balance and generating power from his lower body rather than his elongated motion.

(10-01-2018, 10:01 AM)rocdee Wrote: are we saying that Bortles is better than Carr?

Yes

(10-01-2018, 11:31 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 10:01 AM)rocdee Wrote: are we saying that Bortles is better than Carr?

Yes

what's their career stats looking like?

(10-01-2018, 11:35 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:31 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Yes

what's their career stats looking like?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Look it up (pretty similar numbers except the TD/INT ratio)

And multiple playoffs wins for the Boat, compared to 0 for Carr. They are drafted to win playoffs games and more, as ASJ said.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(10-01-2018, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:35 AM)rocdee Wrote: what's their career stats looking like?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Look it up (pretty similar numbers except the TD/INT ratio)

Exactly....the TD/INT ratio is the deal breaker.

Funny, funny stuff from Blake here.  He tells the defender to "know the rules" when he accuses him of grounding and then tells Hackett to stop dialing up back shoulder throws to Moncrief and just let him go. 

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1046791347380748288

(10-01-2018, 12:02 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Look it up  (pretty similar numbers except the TD/INT ratio)

And Carr is trending down, while Bortles is trending up.

Right now. Blake is better. Two years ago? Carr.

(10-01-2018, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny, funny stuff from Blake here.  He tells the defender to "know the rules" when he accuses him of grounding and then tells Hackett to stop dialing up back shoulder throws to Moncrief and just let him go. 

Good stuff, I like our QB.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018, 12:12 PM by rocdee.)

How is Carr trending down? Yeah, he has 7 ints this year, but that doesn't mean he's going down. Body of work is still his, so far.

(10-01-2018, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny, funny stuff from Blake here.  He tells the defender to "know the rules" when he accuses him of grounding and then tells Hackett to stop dialing up back shoulder throws to Moncrief and just let him go. 

I wish he'd tell Hackett to stop going brain dead when Leonard is on the field and use a little creativity with him on it. Also, involve Grant more!

(10-01-2018, 12:02 PM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Look it up  (pretty similar numbers except the TD/INT ratio)

Two years ago it was the deal breaker. Not really so much now. Go look at their yearly TD and INT totals since 2015. 

Blake is on an upward trend there while Derek is doing the opposite.  Unless the OC in Oakland can get some efficiency happening for Carr - those ratios are on pace to level out in the not so distant future. 

They are pretty similar QBs production wise. They've both had some roller-coaster ups and downs, and they've both worked with Greg Olson. I think he's part of the problem right now in Oakland. Carr has had good seasons with him, but the trend right now isn't good.

(10-01-2018, 12:11 PM)rocdee Wrote: How is Carr trending down? Yeah, he has 7 ints this year, but that doesn't mean he's going down. Body of work is still his, so far.

He got better as a rookie, had a great year during the playoff year, and then has gotten worse since. Besides yesterday he's been absolutely atrocius in the 4th quarter recently. 

Idk, I've never been a huge Carr fan to begin with, but I just don't see it. His only quality that I really envy is his accuracy.