Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles, the Boat, Quarter 1 2018.

Bortles is an athletic guy playing QB. Notice when we put him in shotgun and let him sling it, he does pretty well. I feel like most of the drive killing incompletions or interceptions come from under center. Line him up and let him go. Once again, we don’t play the Titans and our play book is wide open and we are constantly going for the kill. We were up 25-12 with like 2:15 left and throwing the ball from the Jets 40 I believe. I love that. Titans game plan is all Blake with a three step drop dump off.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2018, 08:36 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 07:57 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Bortles has basically entered the Garrard zone, which no, isn’t me trying to denigrate him. He is a decent QB who can make plays with his legs and arm, and will even take over games here or there; but overall, he needs other parts of the team playing at a high level if we are to win consistently.

I do think his potential is still higher then Garrard

I agree 100 percent with this. If he can figure out a quicker release when necessary and reduce the tip passes then I would also agree with the higher potential. When the offensive design can scheme receivers open then that light touch pass he does works beautifully. If there's tighter windows he struggles with zipping a ball in there. We just rarely see him put some heat on a ball and sometimes against tight defense a laser pass is necessary. That's why I believe he looks so good against mediocre teams and not so hot against tougher opponents. It was obvious yesterday that teams are becoming keenly aware of the potential for tipped passes against him. I'm sure Milanovich will figure out something to reduce them though.

I mean those defensive players get paid to make plays as well, I don't think it's much what Blake is doing and actually the O Linemen need to occupy some of these D Line guys on other teams with something else to do rather than trying to make tip plays.

(10-01-2018, 12:22 PM)UKJag Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 08:36 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I agree 100 percent with this. If he can figure out a quicker release when necessary and reduce the tip passes then I would also agree with the higher potential. When the offensive design can scheme receivers open then that light touch pass he does works beautifully. If there's tighter windows he struggles with zipping a ball in there. We just rarely see him put some heat on a ball and sometimes against tight defense a laser pass is necessary. That's why I believe he looks so good against mediocre teams and not so hot against tougher opponents. It was obvious yesterday that teams are becoming keenly aware of the potential for tipped passes against him. I'm sure Milanovich will figure out something to reduce them though.

I mean those defensive players get paid to make plays as well, I don't think it's much what Blake is doing and actually the O Linemen need to occupy some of these D Line guys on other teams with something else to do rather than trying to make tip plays.

This... D-Lineman are gassed and have no alternative but to jump in passing lanes. Heck, it's working. The O-line needs to work on active engagement this week...ie. if a D-player pulls off, keep thumpin' him! I place more blame on the O-line than Bortles in these cases but both have some things they can do.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-01-2018, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny, funny stuff from Blake here.  He tells the defender to "know the rules" when he accuses him of grounding and then tells Hackett to stop dialing up back shoulder throws to Moncrief and just let him go. 

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1046791347380748288

This was awesome. The back shoulder comment was awesome. And even he notices the lack of RTP calls for him.

I did find it hilarious when he yelled at Leonard Williams about the throw away lol

(10-01-2018, 12:42 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Funny, funny stuff from Blake here.  He tells the defender to "know the rules" when he accuses him of grounding and then tells Hackett to stop dialing up back shoulder throws to Moncrief and just let him go. 

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1046791347380748288

This was awesome. The back shoulder comment was awesome. And even he notices the lack of RTP calls for him.

I did find it hilarious when he yelled at Leonard Williams about the throw away lol

I love the fact Bortles is doggin' Hackett on the play calling! Nice little window into my belief that the OC should shoulder a ton of blame for the inconsistencies.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!